Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 AM

470 posts, read 1,841,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I think it runs in the family. Rememer the old saying, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. When Alexa started to tell her mom about it when she asked Alexa had not even gotten out 3 words hardly and Lynn started using the term "AMBUSH". The whole "talk" (at least the part aired) didn't even last more than 2 minutes and Gretchen did most of the talking and just telling her she knows how hard it is at that age and she is open to talking to her. Lynn and Alexa BOTH need someone to sit down and talk to them.

I like Gretchen and don't have a problem with what she did. She didn't criticize Lynn's parenting or anything to Alexa. I've always liked Gretchen but starting to like her even more.

Tamara........... girl, you needed to take YOUR rose colored glasses off yourself a LONG TIME AGO! You have been trying to live in this fairy tale world yourself and selling yourself that money buys happiness and all and you really only have yourself to blame on that end.

Read the blogs on Bravotv.com and saw Jeana's response to some of the mess. One thing she said caught me off guard. She mentioned she was able to work something out with the mortgage companies and refi all of her houses. She said that her house as well as Shane's, Kara's and Colton's houses were all okay now and they did not risk losing them and that a family that had lost theirs had moved in with her. WHY?!?!?! WHY????? Does SHANE, KARA AND COLTON ALL NEED THEIR OWN HOUSE!?!?!?!?! PUH-LEEEZE! Shane can buy his own house when he has the money for it. Kara is a COLLEGE STUDENT, she can buy when she graduated, gets a job and saves for it herself. Colton just graduated high school. What? Did he get a house for a graduation gift. Jeana, honey, you need to rethink your financial behavior and get some help on this end. These kids are going to be FOREVER dependent upon you if you don't stop this crap.

Vicki, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DON! Girl, you better wake up and make sure you mean everything that you said on that trip and renewing of the vows. Stop dragging Don's sex life out into the public too. Your going to lose him and he is a HECK OF A CATCH!

Alexis........... HONEY, if you and Slime Jim went to church all the time and were so much "into it" for real then you would have KNOWN which room your kids went into for the nursery. You both are such fakes. Maybe you have gone WITHOUT the kids before but you were CLUELESS when you were trying to figure out which room for your kids. Or are you that clueless all of the time. FYI, for those that mentioned it. Churches have a nursery for the little ones and do age appropriate teaching, songs, play, etc for them in there that way the parents are not disrupted during their worship by the little ones in the service. Most churches have something during worship for kids up until they start kindergarten and then they are in with their parents. I've been in churches that did not and it can be a huge distraction if you have a bunch of crying babies, fidgety toddlers, etc. Plus the kids actually get more out of it by being in something more age appropiate. Now, Alexis and Slime Jim........ they need all of the help they can get but I don't think the way they are portraying themselves on tv is the way they actually live.

Slime Jim........... DUDE!!! BE A MAN! And a FATHER! Don't hand off your spoiled brat kid to the nanny and tell HER to put the kid in timeout. DO IT YOURSELF!!! If the child disrespected YOU then just handing them off to the nanny IS NOT THE ANSWER!!! No wonder the kids want the nannies more than they do the parents in this case. This family has only been on this show a few times now and numerous times they have showed where the kids kick and scream and want the nanny instead of mom or dad. As soon as the nanny gets them they are happy. Hmmm...............

in agreement w/ everything said especially about slime jim. i couldn't believe he told nanny to put the kids in time out. REALLY?!? put your big boy pants on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 12:14 PM

121 posts, read 221,329 times
Totally agree!! Cannot for the life of me figure out why Bravo put these 2 on a TV show? Entertaining NOT!! Pathetic YES! Poor children...just goes to show money or the illusion of money does not equate to happy, well adjusted adults or children. So she is a christian who was going out with a married man with 3 children while married to her husband....get the picture slime, you won't be around long either - and those are not christian values!

Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandthee View Post
Totally agree!! Cannot for the life of me figure out why Bravo put these 2 on a TV show? Entertaining NOT!! Pathetic YES! Poor children...just goes to show money or the illusion of money does not equate to happy, well adjusted adults or children. So she is a christian who was going out with a married man with 3 children while married to her husband....get the picture slime, you won't be around long either - and those are not christian values!
WHAT!?!?!? DO TELL???? Slime Jim was married before and had THREE KIDS?!?!?!?! Do tell? Where are they? Hopefully with their mother and don't want any part of him. Which goes to show how slimey he is if his own kids from wifey #1 don't want anything to do with him. I knew "God fearing" Alexis (cough-cough) had been married before and was seeing Jim before she left hubby #1.

And some were calling Slade slime. Jimbo gives the word "slime" a whole new meaning. Those blinged out jeans for 20 year olds, fancy belts and that disgusting scowl on his face. He is more than slimey. More like downright CREEPY SLIME.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:36 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
I need to respond immediately after the new episodes come on because y'all steal everything I wanna say!

I was touched by Vicki and Don. I almost cried. I'm not afraid to admit it. It was a sweet gesture. And Don, if you ever get sick of Vicki and wanna get turned over to the dark side, call me, LOL! I like emotional guys :P

I'm not sure how I feel about Alexis and her family. I really don't care too much. She's very much so insignificant to this cast/season.

Ten thumbs up for Gretchen...she did the right thing, and besides, when have Lynne's parenting skills been accepted? I think that kids do need an outside person to talk to about things--matter of fact, a lot of kids do...they're called MENTORS!!! That's all Gretchen was offering. Perhaps Alexa has her guard up when it comes to talking to people about her personal life. That's the only reason I could justify her actions and her hypocrisy. Otherwise, she's about as naive as her mother.

I think Tamra got what she deserved, but I don't like Simon either, so I'm not rooting for either of them.

That's my take.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Is it just me ... or did anyone notice that when Gretchen was talking to Alexa's daughter, the daughter started crying and Gretchen SHUT HER DOWN! She said "now you're going to make me cry so let's go shopping". She SHUT HER UP just when there might have been a break through. She was totally inappropriate in her timing AND with her follow through. It was just a "made for TV " moment and nothing more. Goddess help those kids.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 AM

121 posts, read 221,329 times
Sorry for the confusion momof2, but it is a mess....bimbo was married to hubby #1 and he caught her in an affair with a married father of 3 who she met at her gym, thus part of the reason for their break-up (along with the fact he couldn't keep her in $200 jeans). So along comes Slime jim later and she hooks up with him! Maybe then is when she saw the light!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandthee View Post
Sorry for the confusion momof2, but it is a mess....bimbo was married to hubby #1 and he caught her in an affair with a married father of 3 who she met at her gym, thus part of the reason for their break-up (along with the fact he couldn't keep her in $200 jeans). So along comes Slime jim later and she hooks up with him! Maybe then is when she saw the light!
OHHH!!! Okay, I was like.......... wth??? Darn, that would have made for some good tv.

Hmm , So Tamara was the "new girl" one year and she was made to look all that great, wonderful and "hot". She falls (took a few seasons though). Gretchen comes in as a new housewife and her BF dies and all the bs that entails from her and Tamara's relationship. Lynne comes on and we all pretty much picked up on her clueless parenting skills but the other stuff starts coming out at the end of her first season with the messed up kids and bad financial problems. Lest we forget Quinn, she came in for a season as the new "goodie two shoe" housewife and made to look great then the fur and dirt fly on her real life. NOW we have Alexis that is making herself and Slime Jim look all "hot" and wonderful and so family oriented and God devoted. When will the crap on them start to come out? Alexis and her past marriage and cheating. Slime Jim and his forfeited businesses for lack of paying his taxes? All good "Christian values" Which of the housewives will say something back to her about this stuff? I'm thinking only Vicki will be the one w/ ba_ _ _ enough to say something to her. I soooooooo want to see THAT episode.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 AM

470 posts, read 1,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I was touched by Vicki and Don. I almost cried. I'm not afraid to admit it. It was a sweet gesture. And Don, if you ever get sick of Vicki and wanna get turned over to the dark side, call me, LOL! I like emotional guys :P
i cried, too. vicki found my good side once again. and don, you got me with that first tear. i've always liked don. what a great guy. vicki better not jack this up.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,321 times
It will all make for one heck of a reunion special that's for sure!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
It will all make for one heck of a reunion special that's for sure!
Maybe we'll get lucky and the reunion show will fall on a Sunday and you KNOW Alexis wouldn't be able to make it, what with church to attend.

Sorry... but whenever she opens her mouth all I see is:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV