Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

combined, average -

average - taking all the scores and dividing by the number of people i.e. you could have someone that was 180 and someone that was 100
and 130 is the low end of moderately gifted, high end of above avg
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 12:21 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,485,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I personally think he wanted to go home
His rant about being on survivor and actually having to survive was classic..
It was. I could not believe a big man like that was crying like a little girl. He did not want to play the game. He wanted a protein shake and a manicure.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for posting these! I plan to watch these throughout the season- they provided a lot of good background information (such as scenes that were edited out).

I am just so happy there are no returning players!!!

Old 03-01-2014, 03:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Not really looking to get flamed........I mean come on........is everyone's teeth that WHITE
As a whole this group of folks don't flame and trust me we've all had differing opinions through the years. So jump right in & be respectful you'll get the same back these Survivor fans are awesome to chat with. I agree about the white teeth not just in Survivor but society in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
You, NYTom and I are the apparently only ones who see that
Ahem I believe I said J'Tia needed to be booted this week too missy. Go on ask NYTom go ahead I'll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
I guess the Survivor After Show is now "Survivor Live":
Thanks for those videos I have it bookmarked now I would have been frantic when I went to CBS and nothing would be there. I did watch both of them and have to say both of them would have gotten on my last nerve with their voices & they way they talk and talk and talk.

Can't remember if I read it here or elsewhere but I think it should be a rule if you tamper with the food or water you will be automatically removed immediately. No TC, no 2nd chances r-e-m-o-v-e-d. Watched a video of J'Tia she is a woman scorned by a sorority sisternot an excuse for what she did but I was wondering what would make a person even be that evil. She is still carrying that around all these years later it says she is 31. Let it go sister let it go.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
That's right, he needed a "Spy Shack". I'm just say'in....

So what is the "Tyler Perry" Idol going to be? Anyone have a guess???
So now I know what you are talking about! I didn't see this video before today apparently Tyler Perry is a big fan & sends Jeff ideas. So it will be a special idol that will have a lot of power my bet it won't come into play until after the 1st merge. Hope it adds a great new twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZBM...QL-G-3KcoRy-_g

Old 03-01-2014, 04:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
it was. I could not believe a big man like that was crying like a little girl. He did not want to play the game. He wanted a protein shake and a manicure.
:d:d

Old 03-01-2014, 06:12 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
As a whole this group of folks don't flame and trust me we've all had differing opinions through the years. So jump right in & be respectful you'll get the same back these Survivor fans are awesome to chat with. I agree about the white teeth not just in Survivor but society in general.

Ahem I believe I said J'Tia needed to be booted this week too missy. Go on ask NYTom go ahead I'll wait.

Thanks for those videos I have it bookmarked now I would have been frantic when I went to CBS and nothing would be there. I did watch both of them and have to say both of them would have gotten on my last nerve with their voices & they way they talk and talk and talk.

Can't remember if I read it here or elsewhere but I think it should be a rule if you tamper with the food or water you will be automatically removed immediately. No TC, no 2nd chances r-e-m-o-v-e-d. Watched a video of J'Tia she is a woman scorned by a sorority sisternot an excuse for what she did but I was wondering what would make a person even be that evil. She is still carrying that around all these years later it says she is 31. Let it go sister let it go.

my bad Jax-----yes you indeed did say the saboteur needed to be gone

And yes--this thread each season is so fun and everyone states their opinions and others respect one another. Great group!!!

J'Tia and those like her amongst us frighten me

Old 03-03-2014, 08:01 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
So far I think this season is off to a good start. The brains tribe is not too Survivor smart, first with Kass telling J'Tia that she was voting for her the first time, then Garrett deciding everyone should have an open forum about how they're voting for J'Tia. At first I thought Tasha might be making a mistake in not answering and wanting to go talk about it. But that thought didn't last long. And I can understand Garrett being paranoid about Kass and Tasha going to the water alone, and obviously he had reason to be because they were talking about maybe switching the vote away from J'Tia. But him and Spencer didn't both have to go to the water. He could have gone by himself. If J'Tia would have been voted out, I was hoping someone like Kass would say "We were planning to keep you, but then you dumped the rice." But that would have really screwed them over to say that.

I feel bad for Spencer. The only thing he did wrong was get into the wrong alliance. But if he can survive next week, I think more than likely the following episode or two will see the tribes aligned into 2. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happened next week, given that we're down to 16 players now.

Someone asked if producers step in to give them food if they run out. Probst said that they only do if there is absolutely no other way the tribe can get food. And even then it will come at a steep price. You might remember the only time I think it's happened before, in Australia, the merged tribe was so desperate for rice, Probst came to camp and offered them some, but they had to give up all their tarps, basically their whole camp at that point.

Just general Survivor things, Redemption Island will be back at some point, though it sounds like only if they do another Blood vs Water season, which seems very likely. The quote from Probst in an Enteretainment Weekly interview, "I think Blood vs. Water was the best use of Redemption Island, and if we do Blood vs. Water again we would most likely do Redemption Island again and probably wouldn’t use it otherwise."

And as for ratings, the premiere did pretty well. It was actually up, barely, but it was up over previous season premieres recently! It finished second on Wednesday night in terms of total viewers only to American Idol, which honestly didn't win the night by much. 10,600 to Survivor's 9,800. American Idol was also only a tenth of a point ahead of Survivor in the coveted 18-49 year-old demographic (2.6 vs 2.5), though Modern Family won the night in that category with 3.1 rating.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I feel bad for Spencer. The only thing he did wrong was get into the wrong alliance. But if he can survive next week, I think more than likely the following episode or two will see the tribes aligned into 2. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happened next week, given that we're down to 16 players now.
I like Spencer. I think the thing that will get him out this week is this week is the fact that he is a guy. Let's face it. That sorry bunch can not win any competitions. TC again this week.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
The quote from Probst in an Enteretainment Weekly interview, "I think Blood vs. Water was the best use of Redemption Island, and if we do Blood vs. Water again we would most likely do Redemption Island again and probably wouldn’t use it otherwise."
Well just maybe he is starting to listen to the fans and take heed of all the Survivor forums that have been saying no repeaters and no RI you reckon? Good to hear about the ratings though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV