Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 08:13 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Guys. All you have to do is wait for the seasons to finish, pay more a month, and binge watch your shows. I do the same thing with HBO and Netflix. I pay for a few months to watch shows I like and then delete them.
None of these shows are so compelling that I would be willing to binge watch hours of them. I definitely would need a break between episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 03:50 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
I think Natalie is still worried that Mike won't go through with the wedding. But she seems to dislike everything about the guy, so why is she so concerned about marrying him? Is he prepared to go through life with her fussing about what he eats, what he drinks, and where he lives?
Well they ended up getting married so there must be some good in their relationship. Hopefully they both compromised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
None of these shows are so compelling that I would be willing to binge watch hours of them. I definitely would need a break between episodes.
The only show I want to watch on discovery+ is pimple popper. I'm seeing commercials for 90 Days bares all and 90-Day diaries, they don't do anything for me. I have a few discovery+ preview shows on my DVR that I haven't watched, they're an hour long. Maybe I'll change my mind after watching them.

There will also be an Annie and David cooking show I have no interest in and a 90 day show similar to a dating show I believe. There will also be a show featured on Angela's weight loss.

The quote below is from the Discovery+ thread. To go to the thread, click the arrow in the reply I'm quoting.

Quote:
I am loving Discovery+ without commercials. I watch something on it every night. Shaun Robinson's tell-all for 90 days, "90 Days bares all" is on Sunday night but the format is very different. It's also more open and tells more. It's very good. I also like 90-Day diaries because it allow the viewer to catch up on what the previous couples are doing now. For instance, Coltee's mom is delivering food for UBER because he lost his job. Coltee goes with her sometimes. When in the car, they both wear masks. Huh? Why?

Last night I watched Dr. Pimple Popper without commercials. SOOO much better even though I always watched it on my DVR and skipped through commercials. Now it's automatic, no commercials. Heavenly. I wish we could watch all shows without the endless commercials.

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-01-2021 at 04:15 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Did anyone watch fiance last night? Someone posted in the Discovery+ thread that they wanted to watch something on animal planet but the new magnolia channel was playing on it. They went to watch the discovery network but ran into the same thing. They're wondering if all of the channels had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I wanted to watch one of those game warden shows at 9:00 p.m. last night, on Animal Planet, and that new Magnolia channel was on it. Flipped to Discovery it was also on there, same program being broadcast. Did this happen across the Discovery family of channels?

Old 02-01-2021, 02:31 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Weird, it was 7:00 and the beginning of 90 Day fiance came on, but then for about 5 minutes, another preview of another show about home building came on and i saw in the corner the Magnolia logo, i thought WTH? no announcement, it just came on, i thought my cable company screwed up the tv listings. so what is with all this stupid programming? are they trying to push the Discover plus channel?

Im not going to bother paying for $6.95 or whatever for more drama. I dont care about these past season losers.. and whats with Big Ed and his weird stiff suit collar that looks like its choking him? he was behind a piano with this weird patterned black/white/gray suit?

Old 02-02-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Weird, it was 7:00 and the beginning of 90 Day fiance came on, but then for about 5 minutes, another preview of another show about home building came on and i saw in the corner the Magnolia logo, i thought WTH? no announcement, it just came on, i thought my cable company screwed up the tv listings. so what is with all this stupid programming? are they trying to push the Discover plus channel?

Im not going to bother paying for $6.95 or whatever for more drama. I dont care about these past season losers.. and whats with Big Ed and his weird stiff suit collar that looks like its choking him? he was behind a piano with this weird patterned black/white/gray suit?
LOL Wondered the same about Ed. He looked ridiculous. Yes, they've been doing previews of Discovery+ every week for the last few weeks, I have a few on my DVR. No clue what they contain, haven't watched them

The only plus show I'm interested in is pimple popper and the foot show if it moves too. I don't care about the new and old fiance shows. I'm about done with fiance

Old 02-02-2021, 09:14 AM

1,480 posts, read 1,230,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Did anyone watch fiance last night? Someone posted in the Discovery+ thread that they wanted to watch something on animal planet but the new magnolia channel was playing on it. They went to watch the discovery network but ran into the same thing. They're wondering if all of the channels had it.
I had it setup to record at 8:00 like usual, something weird must have happened because my DVR bumped it to midnight instead. Wasn't recording anything else and the only reason it would do that is if something with a different name was on. It did record at midnight.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:26 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
I think Natalie is still worried that Mike won't go through with the wedding. But she seems to dislike everything about the guy, so why is she so concerned about marrying him? Is he prepared to go through life with her fussing about what he eats, what he drinks, and where he lives?
I agree. If he marries her he’s signing up for a life of misery. I think I heard they are married, though. Of course, maybe Natalie has been told to act like a nutcase.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:03 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,949,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree. If he marries her he’s signing up for a life of misery. I think I heard they are married, though. Of course, maybe Natalie has been told to act like a nutcase.
The more I watch the show the more I realize that she might actually be a nutcase.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:44 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
The more I watch the show the more I realize that she might actually be a nutcase.
Ha I hear you, but honestly as we all know much of it is "suggested" conversations or encouraged....but I still do wonder to what degree it is contrived. Seeing how loony she behaves at times, and seeing how calm and reasonable Mike seems to be, I have to be inclined to believe her lunacy is being encouraged for interest and excitement.
Otherwise, I can't imagine why Mike would be putting up with that.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:03 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
I hope this is not offtopic but Natalie's face bugs me. First, her makeup is too much!! when they show her speaking to the camera like when they explain things, her shocking pink lipstick and her heavy black eyeliner does not look good with her skin tone and light blue eyes!!

they show her in scenes where she has less makeup and she looks better.

but about these puffy lips on these actresses, where it looks like they have too much lip filler so that their lips are now looking deformed, whats up with that? even on the commercials, one of the Kardashian sisters has her lips overfilled so that it looks like a balloon about to burst.

when i see a female actor, model, etc, and they show her with these puffy fish lips and then put shiny lipstick on, i want to puke! why do they think this looks good? they now have an uneven set of lips because one side looks like it has too much filler.

the other thing, i think i can tell when they have botox, because their forehead has no lines, the part between their nose and lip does not move and they cant smile normally, i see this everywhere.. whats up with that???!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV