Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,069,933 times

Advertisements

I am tired of reality shows...anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 06:32 PM

1,683 posts, read 819,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I would rather have a root canal than watch them. Cooking, remodeling, home shopping, pawn shops, fake celebrity families with no particular talent, on and on and on and...

Excuse me. I had to go throw up at the thought of all those staged phony (cough-cough) "reality" shows.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,939,858 times
Of course, but they're cheap to produce and attract viewers, which in turn sells advertising and that's what television is all about.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 PM

1,683 posts, read 819,882 times
I googled "are most reality shows fake" and got 12.8 million sources to pick from which took 0.47 seconds to get.

But there IS some good news...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ry.html#page=1

Last edited by BeeHoyal; 05-25-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 12:20 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Tired? I never even started with them.

I saw my overly healthy TV watching habit collapse in about 2-3 years from 2005-2008. It was shocking in a way of how I was feeding my VCR's a six pack of tapes a week and in that time, it went to ZERO.

SIGH.....I guess it was an effective killing of the old school watchers, much more devastating than the Rural Purge, but GEEEEEEEEE!

Old 05-26-2015, 01:00 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,621,494 times
The only reality show I like is Pit Bulls and Parolees; because, whether or not some of the situations may be setups, the dogs are always compelling.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,627,719 times
The only one I've ever liked is Call of the Wildman.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,265,475 times
I am sick to death of them. I can't think of any I really like.
I used to like a few of the cooking type shows - but then are they really "reality" shows? Maybe the dramatic ones like Gordon Ramsey types... I don't consider the instructional ones reality. I like Masterchef, sometimes.
I have once in awhile watched an episode or 2 of Hoarders or the Couponing one, or for trainwreck effect the Cheapskate ones. But 90% of the time I do without those.
I like Web of Lies or Dateline type on occasion, but again, are those the typical reality ones we're talking about? I tend to think of those as more documentaries.
Mostly no; I hate reality shows so much. I don't know how anyone can sit through them. I've seen a couple advertised and I don't understand how they are shows at all? Who is this Kressley (sp?) person and why does he have a show? Why does anyone want to watch that? Apparantly some rich guy has a show about how he just lives his life, cooks and shop and he is really dramatic and his family and stuff. The worst to me are just spoiled celebs who are famous for nothing, and it just shows them shopping, eating out, whining and going "OMG" about their daily lives, being rich and dramatic, blah blah. Why would anyone want to watch that garbage?
Have I said I hated them? HA HA!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 PM

11,667 posts, read 12,792,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Tired? I never even started with them.

I saw my overly healthy TV watching habit collapse in about 2-3 years from 2005-2008. It was shocking in a way of how I was feeding my VCR's a six pack of tapes a week and in that time, it went to ZERO.

SIGH.....I guess it was an effective killing of the old school watchers, much more devastating than the Rural Purge, but GEEEEEEEEE!
Exactly the same for me. I finally caved and watched American Idol when it had been on for something like 4 years already, but I didn't follow it for long.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:40 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Exactly the same for me. I finally caved and watched American Idol when it had been on for something like 4 years already, but I didn't follow it for long.
I watched one of those shows once as polite company. One of the things that really bugged me was that they could not keep the camera on the person on the stage. They would show the person on stage, cut to the host and then to the audience to see how they were reacting and then back again to repeat the cycle.

WHO THE DARN HECK CARES HOW THE NON PARTICIPANTS ARE REACTING? Further, if they have to show the audience to promote ratings for whatever purpose, then the person on the stage can't be that great, can they?

AHEM!..........I don't watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV