Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 AM

10,192 posts, read 11,177,004 times

Advertisements

I've heard Around June 12th for Hell's Kitchen, but it could be a rumor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 AM

17,616 posts, read 15,305,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I also hope that they have a new season of the Masterchef Children (or whatever it was called). I found that series endlessly entertaining, and I was very, very impressed by how skilled these youngsters are. Indeed, many of them would have put to shame most of the 'chefs' they find for Hell's Kitchen.
Yes.. Masterchef Junior has been renewed for another season. Based on the praise for the series, I suspect that it will have a September premier..

I do, however, hope that they include more geographical diversity in their cast this upcoming season.

Everyone on season 1 was from either NY or CA(One from Jersey, but.. That's basically NY).. I'm pretty sure that there's kids that know how to cook in other places in the US.

I'm not sure whether or not I care for the dual-elimination formats, though.. It seemed the first season, at times, that it was pre-ordained that Alexander was going to win.

I understand that they are doing it so that kids don't feel singled out when eliminated.. But I thing a better format would be something like a double-elimination. Eliminate one person at a time, but, you basically have a mulligan. If it's your first time up being 'worst'.. You stay in the game. Second time.. Gone.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:35 PM

933 posts, read 1,479,426 times
Saw a tweet from Gordon Ramsey saying both will be back in two weeks! So pumped!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,977 times
I really look forward to these shows coming back soon, and I would love another season of Masterchef Junior as well. I sure hope (as the other person already posted here) that if Masterchef Junior does come back, it does NOT do the double elimination with the kiddos. Last season, I remember watching some children go home really hurt inside due to the fact that they didn't really get a fair chance because their "partner" oversalted, overcooked, or just messed up the dish. Hope, they can have the opportunity to compete more independently next time.

And yes, they made the contestants on the original Master Chef (for adults) look shameful.

It was also nice to a lighter side of from the judges as well, they actually smiled and laughed!! (on Junior master chef)

Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,041,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Saw a tweet from Gordon Ramsey saying both will be back in two weeks! So pumped!
That is comes back on air? I don't think that is correct. Fox would already be promoting the two shows if they were coming back that soon. Online it just shows Hell's Kitchen as returning in 2014. Masterchef doesn't have any sort of date on their page.

There is not even room on Fox's schedule for it to be starting that soon. Monday is taken up by the Following and Almost Human until March 3rd and then Bones and The Following starting March 10. Tuesdays will be Brooklyn nine-nine, New Girl and Glee. Wednesday and Thursday is American Idol. Bone's will still be in its current Friday spot for the next 3 weeks. Sunday is of course "animation domination" (and Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey starts Sunday March 9th ) and I doubt they would air new shows on a Saturday night.

Oh, and then there is Rake that needs to fit into the schedule somewhere. Fox is currently having a sweepstakes to visit the set of the show in early March, so it doesn't look like that show is going anywhere right now. It'll probably air after the hour elimination episode of American Idol on Thursday nights.

The soonest it could start would be March 10, and having back to back episodes of Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef on Fridays.

Wikipedia shows Masterchef as starting June 18 and going through August 20. I know Wikipedia shouldn't always be trusted, but that makes a lot more sense then trying to squeeze two more shows into their current schedule.

Last edited by Sundaydrive00; 02-10-2014 at 10:47 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 01:40 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,538,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That is comes back on air? I don't think that is correct. Fox would already be promoting the two shows if they were coming back that soon. Online it just shows Hell's Kitchen as returning in 2014. Masterchef doesn't have any sort of date on their page.

There is not even room on Fox's schedule for it to be starting that soon. Monday is taken up by the Following and Almost Human until March 3rd and then Bones and The Following starting March 10. Tuesdays will be Brooklyn nine-nine, New Girl and Glee. Wednesday and Thursday is American Idol. Bone's will still be in its current Friday spot for the next 3 weeks. Sunday is of course "animation domination" (and Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey starts Sunday March 9th ) and I doubt they would air new shows on a Saturday night.

Oh, and then there is Rake that needs to fit into the schedule somewhere. Fox is currently having a sweepstakes to visit the set of the show in early March, so it doesn't look like that show is going anywhere right now. It'll probably air after the hour elimination episode of American Idol on Thursday nights.

The soonest it could start would be March 10, and having back to back episodes of Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef on Fridays.

Wikipedia shows Masterchef as starting June 18 and going through August 20. I know Wikipedia shouldn't always be trusted, but that makes a lot more sense then trying to squeeze two more shows into their current schedule.
I agree with this however he did say that. Maybe he meant months?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:50 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,977 times
I'm wondering if Gordon meant that they will be filming in two weeks, of course it doesn't air to us for months later????? Sure is confusing.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,041,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I agree with this however he did say that. Maybe he meant months?
Or the British versions?

Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,305,962 times
Found this site, which is an interesting read.. Status of Kitchen Nightmares restaurants..

A 35-60 W/L ratio.

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares Blog

Old 02-13-2014, 12:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,581,109 times
It's not surprising that the older restaurants are closed. Restaurant life is relatively short unless it's a chain, is really unique or one of only a couple in a small town. Others on the "closed" list aren't a suprise as there was just too much trouble with the owners, rather than the menu, food quality or ambience that Gordon couldn't fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV