Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 01:10 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Rick can't kill Negan with a machine gun and Darryl can't contain the biggest wimp in TWD world. Someone turn this series around.
As I've said, this episode was hilarious, I'm not sure I can get back to taking it serious any more, but, I thought it was a great episode as, maybe not in the way the writers intended, but I was thoroughly entertained. I'm looking forward to watching it again just before the finale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 01:40 PM

52 posts, read 47,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Rick can't kill Negan with a machine gun and Darryl can't contain the biggest wimp in TWD world. Someone turn this series around.
^^seriously! It’s gotten to be so predictable! I told my wife as soon as Eugene was taken that he’d escape... sure enough, right on cue it happened. They can shoot zombies bullseye in the head with one shot with a 7.0 earthquake and 20 other events happening but can’t kill Negan or Eugene with a gatlin gun and a clear field of vision on a windless, cloudless sunny day!
This really has to turn around quick! Hopefully next weeks epi has some kind of redeeming quality..... I’m still a fan but cmon! Give us viewers some satisfaction finally!

Old 04-09-2018, 02:33 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I'm just tired of the whole Negan thing which has gone on way too long. Kill him off already and move on to another story line. It's just pathetic.

And way too many commercials last night.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
I just watched 1/2 of the latest episode... really? Just cut it off. So badly written... Sadly I'm done with this show. So much potential... So sad it sucks enough that I am no longer a viewer.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
I just watched 1/2 of the latest episode... really? Just cut it off. So badly written... Sadly I'm done with this show. So much potential... So sad it sucks enough that I am no longer a viewer.
I understand your dismay. The back-half of season 8 has been ok, but nothing great. I think the Walking Dead team has been boxed in with the Negan story-line. In their wildest dreams, I doubt Greg Nicotero & Robert Kirkman ever imagined that Negan would go over like a led-ballon & their ratings would collapse.

Instead of trying to fix the mess that they have made out of the show they doubled-down on the same story-line that has not worked for over 2 years.....arrogance. It's hard to have any sympathy with TWD management team at this point.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:12 AM

307 posts, read 363,291 times
...somebody remind me again how Negan escaped? they never showed it during the preview/reviews at the beginning of the TV show.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I still enjoy it....it's kind of like the comic books, and it's fantasy....they can't kill off everyone, right away?

Maybe we're all becoming desensitized by violence, and now it's no longer good?

Since there are so many not enjoying the show, could they have changed writers.....

I'll admit, I'm not nearly as in to it as I was in the beginning....but still enjoy it...wondering what the helicopter was all about.

Did anyone watch the Taking Dead the other week, when Jada was on. She was asked about almost hitting Negan with the bat, and then she admitted to have punched Negan once in the face...adding," I just wanted him to get it right!" LOL

Old 04-10-2018, 07:47 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I still enjoy it....it's kind of like the comic books, and it's fantasy....they can't kill off everyone, right away?

Maybe we're all becoming desensitized by violence, and now it's no longer good?

Since there are so many not enjoying the show, could they have changed writers.....

I'll admit, I'm not nearly as in to it as I was in the beginning....but still enjoy it...wondering what the helicopter was all about.

Did anyone watch the Taking Dead the other week, when Jada was on. She was asked about almost hitting Negan with the bat, and then she admitted to have punched Negan once in the face...adding," I just wanted him to get it right!" LOL
There are really just two reasons for me to hang in after the finale.

1. The mystery of the helicopter.
2. The mystery of the woman that looks like either a real estate agent or a high school principal doling out food to the settlements.

And...are they related?

Old 04-10-2018, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Blah blah blah, same predictable whining about the show. Boring.

I think maybe Eugene is doing this all for show & has plans to save & reunite w/Rick & Co.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:37 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Zombie Simon was pretty good. I did enjoy that. The fist fight to the death was meh. Standard 'we trade whoppin' sockin' wild hey-marker punches' non-sense. Not sure that played to either characters personality traits.

I don't think Eugene has a plan at all. He's played everything so far from the seat of his pants. I don't see that changing. Who knew he has ninja hiding skills! haha He's the new Glenn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV