Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 12:17 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

Negan must've been a graduate of the William Shatner School of OverActing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 02:50 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
But Jeffrey Dean Morgan is amazing. I adore him and yet I can't even see him anymore. He IS Negan.

Tonight was PERFECT, except I don't like Rick's perma-defeat. Sure, this is the way for now. But it isn't going to be forever.

They tried to explain it but I don't buy it.

I loved the last line: 'Make me a bullet.'

Old 11-14-2016, 06:28 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
Quote:
I Agree.. I love this show and never nit pic it but I was a bit annoyed with last nights episode.. it was the Negan Show.. just a bit too much for me.. My husband was like This guys gotta go... lol..

Old 11-14-2016, 06:42 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
They had so many chances to take Negan down in last night's epi. Carl could have shot him in the head, Rick could have bashed his brains in with the bat. All the guns they had could have went to every Alexandrian so when Negan and his entourage came to the fence they could have been blown away.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Ha ha. He has to be "on" all the time to be the 1 dimensional cartoon character that he is but luckily JDM is a good actor.

I have to admit I chuckled when Father Gabriel "sneaked" up on him.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:20 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Another really enjoyable episode, but I have to say it really sucks to see Rick become such a pansy now. I assume he'll turn things around eventually and get back to his old self, but its really sad to see him so broken right now. Even in previous seasons where he and the group were stuck in a bad position like at Terminus or against the Governor with his tank at the prison he was still defiant and had fight in him. For now he seems to have completely given up and all the fight is gone from him. And it was also sad to hear Rick say that Judith is Shane's child, but really can we prove it was indeed Shane's kid 100%?

And also I really didn't think they would be giving up all their guns so easily. Like the first thing you'd think they would do is hide some guns somewhere for down the line and of course get rid of the damn catalog that shows exactly how many guns you have. >_> But damn if Rick isn't so messed up that he's the one who wants to give everything up even including the rifle Michonne had. Like cmon Rick at least hide a few guns for later use, even if you don't plan on fighting Negan with them.

Now looking back after seeing how Negan rolls even with taking their matresses and burning them rather than letting Rick and Co have abit of comfort, if Daryl wasn't such a dumbass and acted so impulsively, maybe they could've as some suggested made a clean break and simply abandoned Alexandria with everything they could carry and move far away from Negan and his crew. I mean besides Glenn still being alive, Daryl would probably still be with the group and they could've just picked up and left ASAP. Let Maggie still go to the Hilltop to get treated and then when she's healthy enough have a couple of people go get her. Heck even now, maybe its not such a bad idea to abandon Alexandria and take off even WITHOUT Daryl. I think he would understand and who knows, perhaps it would be even better because with Rick and the group safe, he doesn't have to worry about them being in danger and could bend to Negan's will for a while and pretend to submit to him and then when the time is right run off and try and find the group again.

And also maybe over time Rick and Co will get more of an Ezekiel and the Kingdom type of arrangement where instead of the Saviors going to Alexandria they meet somewhere and the Alexandrians can hand over their stuff there regularly. But still if given a choice of living as they are now under Negan or running far, far away and setting up a new home, maybe the latter choice isn't so bad compared to how they're going to be living now at Alexandria being subjugated and under the constant threat of death if they don't produce enough.

Last edited by Max Sterling; 11-14-2016 at 07:31 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 07:25 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
Quote:
But, to be fair, this was Negan's personality from the comic books. I think it's one of those things that doesn't translate well into to television. The Governor was evil as hell, but I didn't dislike the character.

Ezekiel is over-the-top too, but he occasionally breaks character and he's self-aware; he even explained why he acts this way. Upthread, some posters speculated that he is attracted to Carol, if he is it's probably because he can be himself around her and doesn't have to stay in-character the whole time.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:51 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Another really enjoyable episode, but I have to say it really sucks to see Rick become such a pansy now. I assume he'll turn things around eventually and get back to his old self, but its really sad to see him so broken right now. Even in previous seasons where he and the group were stuck in a bad position like at Terminus or against the Governor with his tank at the prison he was still defiant and had fight in him. For now he seems to have completely given up and all the fight is gone from him. And it was also sad to hear Rick say that Judith is Shane's child, but really can we prove it was indeed Shane's kid 100%?

And also I really didn't think they would be giving up all their guns so easily. Like the first thing you'd think they would do is hide some guns somewhere for down the line and of course get rid of the damn catalog that shows exactly how many guns you have. >_> But damn if Rick isn't so messed up that he's the one who wants to give everything up even including the rifle Michonne had. Like cmon Rick at least hide a few guns for later use, even if you don't plan on fighting Negan with them.

Now looking back after seeing how Negan rolls even with taking their matresses and burning them rather than letting Rick and Co have abit of comfort, if Daryl wasn't such a dumbass and acted so impulsively, maybe they could've as some suggested made a clean break and simply abandoned Alexandria with everything they could carry and move far away from Negan and his crew. I mean besides Glenn still being alive, Daryl would probably still be with the group and they could've just picked up and left ASAP. Let Maggie still go to the Hilltop to get treated and then when she's healthy enough have a couple of people go get her. Heck even now, maybe its not such a bad idea to abandon Alexandria and take off even WITHOUT Daryl. I think he would understand and who knows, perhaps it would be even better because with Rick and the group safe, he doesn't have to worry about them being in danger and could bend to Negan's will for a while and pretend to submit to him and then when the time is right run off and try and find the group again.

And also maybe over time Rick and Co will get more of an Ezekiel and the Kingdom type of arrangement where instead of the Saviors going to Alexandria they meet somewhere and the Alexandrians can hand over their stuff there regularly. But still if given a choice of living as they are now under Negan or running far, far away and setting up a new home, maybe the latter choice isn't so bad compared to how they're going to be living now at Alexandria being subjugated and under the constant threat of death if they don't produce enough.
The Alexandrians are heavily armed and could have easily set up an ambush for the Saviors, especially since their leader came on the trip. Killing Negan would have been a huge prize. If they killed all the Saviors who came to collect, it would take a long time for the others at the Sanctuary to find out. Rick's surrender to Negan seems very forced and out-of-character. I guess this is supposed to set up the viewer to be satisfied when Rick triumphantly returns to is old self. Morgan will probably return and tell him about the Kingdom, and Ezekiel will inspire Rick to join forces against the Saviors.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
For one that didn't read the comic books I am not liking the Neegan story line. Last night with Darryl being there, Alexandria being full of guns, I am surprised they didn't take Neegan out. I understand Rick bowing down to Neegan after the Carl incident. However they have been fighting for so long, it seemed unrealistic he was so defeated.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:04 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Great episode last night, I really like Negan. Great acting, and that last line to Rick...gotchya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV