Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 11:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,867,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
So WHERE has Tara been for the past nine episodes? (I know she had a baby off show.) But I mean did she get lost after they attacked the saviour outpost? Or did she and the rasta guy go on some epic scrounging mission for the past several months?

At least we didn't have to seen that stupid Negan and his clowns.
It hasnt been several months and yes she was off scrounging with Heath. They explained that with this episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 12:10 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,040,935 times
So, the doctor getting killed with the crossbow, happened after the attack on the satellite compound? It seemed so long ago. It's been 2 weeks since the attack on the compound and a lot has happened.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:18 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,663,917 times
It's only been two weeks. Tara and Heath talked about it in the camper - they were on a two week scouting expedition, they didn't find much, and time was up. A lot's been going on during the past two weeks, but they don't know about any of it.

I like TWD now FAR more than I did the first few seasons, which I only watched because my relative worked on the show then. Once the writers finally killed off Shane and Laurie, I got into it.

In TD we learned from Alana that this episode was written by a screenwriter who doesn't write regularly for TWD. So, it was an outsider's perspective. I loved watching her character galumphing along, just like an actual real person would do. Her character isn't one of the heroic archetypes portrayed by the majority of the characters - she's a regular woman dealing with abnormal events in the way a regular woman would do.

The theme of the epi centers around Heath's statement in the beginning: "nobody's in this together. Not anymore." The episode poses the question "Is this true? Do all people in crisis always act/react solely in their own self interest"? And the actions of Tara and Cindy answer the question: No.

My old lady ears couldn't understand what Heath said to Tara just as they were separated. Do you guys know what he said? I think in future episodes he's going to fall in with the Saviors. At least they didn't kill him off.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,222,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
My old lady ears couldn't understand what Heath said to Tara just as they were separated. Do you guys know what he said? I think in future episodes he's going to fall in with the Saviors. At least they didn't kill him off.
He said "I'm off to do that new show '24:Legacy'. Call me when something happens on this show."

Old 11-28-2016, 01:56 AM

4,661 posts, read 4,150,067 times
Another boring, forgettable episode. To me, the show has been sputtering along since season five. For those of us who are lifetime zombie fans, the show feels like watching cheesy Italian knockoffs from Lucio Fulci or Jess Franco when we want George Romero!

My list of things wrong with this season:

1) I get that killing Glenn was necessary for the story arc, but then why the fake death in last season? It is just fun for them to screw with his fans? Was making us think it would be Abe just another great way to stick it to us? They did it in a way that made us very resentful.

2) Conversely, I still get that killing Glenn was necessary for the story arc, but then why kill Abe? The show is plagued with now DOZENS of uninteresting characters. Why kill two of its best in one?

3) Neegan sucks. He's not worth the Governor's eyepatch. He talks, and talks, and talks, and talks, and talks, and never says a single memorable things.

4) Still one boring character and episode after the other. Glenn is dead, Abe is dead, Rick is neutered, Carol has PTSD, Darrel is imprisoned and not allowed to speak, Michone is going along with Rick...who the hell is carrying this narrative? We are let with Sascha, Maggie, Morgan, Tara, and they aren't first stringers. Sorry. By the way, don't think that I don't get that Norman Reddus has reduced screen time because he has two other shows and it is the only way they can keep him. I get it.

5) Jesus sucks too. I thought the character had some promise, and he and Darrell had some chemsitry as a trio. But I am starting to hate his stilted manner of speaking. Plus, they already ridiculously turned Morgan into a philosophical post-apocalyptic ninja, so he violates the Walking Dead no-duplication-of-character rule is a dramatic and bizarre way. I mean, did they really need two philosophical post-apocalyptic ninjas? I guess so.

6) The Tiger sucks. Really, really sucks.

7) We have been re-building since the middle of season five. Alexandria...Hilltop...the Saviors...the Kingdom...Oceanside...they really need to speed this up.

8) Stupid, stupid writing. Darrell punching Neegan with a hundred guns pointed at him, when he should be bleeding to death was it for me. Maggie being near dead in one episode and then driving over zombies with a monster truck. They really don't care about the writing at all anymore, and it shows.

9) I like Chandler Riggs and I like the storyline of him going to kill Neegan by himself, but there is just nothing about the kid that says "badass." Nothing. If they do a time jump after all out war, they really should replace him.

10) About the only thing I do like is more Rosita, as I like the character and the actress. But a jeers within a cheers, because I have a feeling that a lot of the fans feel about her the way that I feel about Sascha, Tara, etc. They never invested time in buildign many of these charaters. What was the point of the Abe-Sascha-Rosita triangle it it was just going to be nixed with Abe's death? Stupid.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:00 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,867,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
He said "I'm off to do that new show '24:Legacy'. Call me when something happens on this show."
Ha ha indeed. I couldnt even focus on his monologue at the beginning. It didnt make any sense to me and it was just a bunch of preachy exposition that all the black men make in this show before they get killed off. Granted we dont know what happened to him but with even his new show the way TWD has to jump around itll take half a season before we find out what did happen.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,763,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
I think I can actually say that that was the most boring episode of the whole series!
Nothing will top the "Morgan getting ninja training" episode or the "Beth gets her first drink" episodes.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:38 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,272,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nothing will top the "Morgan getting ninja training" episode or the "Beth gets her first drink" episodes.
Yeah, those were up there too, but for me, this last episode was even worse than those.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Two episodes? How are they going to bring it all together? Show is way too fractured. I HOPE our heros wipe out Negan in these episodes because not sure I will make it back if they jerk us around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I was still being entertained back then so didn't mind those eppies. Now I am completely bored and irritated with episodes like the past couple/three weeks. I am now watching it hoping it gets better.

2 episodes left in 2016. IDK if another hiatus is coming in January or not but that "two episodes left" said "in 2016". Another "cutesy" way they are trying to keep people watching? Bah-humbug!

Old 11-28-2016, 06:11 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,763,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was still being entertained back then so didn't mind those eppies. Now I am completely bored and irritated with episodes like the past couple/three weeks. I am now watching it hoping it gets better.

2 episodes left in 2016. IDK if another hiatus is coming in January or not but that "two episodes left" said "in 2016". Another "cutesy" way they are trying to keep people watching? Bah-humbug!
Does that mean there is no episode for Sunday January 1, 2017 ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV