Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 06:14 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,388,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's been known for months that Season 7 was going to be eerily dark and depressing. The cast members constantly said so in interviews.
But just giving vague descriptions about the season's tone doesn't tell the plot of any one specific episode. The Forbes article didn't criticize the tone, the whole premise of the show is depressing and dark. The article criticized very specific things about how TWD presented this season's episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:14 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,388,910 times
That fake-out the show did was lame when Tara thought that walker with braids was Heath. The show already did that a couple years ago with a fake Michonne walker who had dreadlocks. The writers are becoming lazy with these cheap devices.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:20 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,821,681 times
They did it with Glenn and Maggie too maybe a couple of others. There was also that Andrea looking zombie after she was indeed dead but it shouldnt have been possible for her to reanimate.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 AM

24,612 posts, read 17,356,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
So WHERE has Tara been for the past nine episodes? (I know she had a baby off show.) But I mean did she get lost after they attacked the saviour outpost? Or did she and the rasta guy go on some epic scrounging mission for the past several months?

At least we didn't have to seen that stupid Negan and his clowns.

Oh, OK, I missed the first few minutes, all caught up now on where Tara has been don't mind me.

I was thinking the same thing but then after Talking Dead the episode aired again and then it made sense.
The group attacked the radar station killing the saviours inside then Tara and the "rasta guy" decided to go on a 2 week long scrounging trip so everything we have seen from the first episode this season up to now has happened in a 2 week one day period.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:42 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Does that mean there is no episode for Sunday January 1, 2017 ???
I haven't a clue. I would like to think they would since the party night is the night before. Good question.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,747,967 times
Jumped the shark!

Old 11-28-2016, 09:13 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,945,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I thought this was an interesting read.
Five Reasons Why TWD's Ratings are Crashing to Season 3 Levels: Forbes Welcome

Of course it's too late for the producers to correct these for this season because they've filmed all of the episodes.
They hit the problem with Negan that I discussed in a post a few weeks ago - he's a cartoon character! Not in a sense that he is based on someone from the graphic novel, but he is too animated, too exaggerated, and too overacted to take serious. He's like The Joker or Skeletor or Wil-E-Coyote. He belongs in that type of cartoon/super-heroes fictional world, not the one of "Walking Dead".

Old 11-28-2016, 10:10 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,446,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nothing will top the "Morgan getting ninja training" episode or the "Beth gets her first drink" episodes.
really you didn't like the cheese man episode? I thought that was one of the best episodes... yes the Beth one was terrible but I have to say last nights was the worst episode I ever saw... the acting was horrible.. the way they directed that whole episode was just terrible.. so if they were 2 weeks from Alexandria (driving) and she was only a mile from the bridge, how long did it take her to get back to Alexandria? wouldn't it have been days or maybe weeks? Unless her and heath were going in circles? and they never ran into any of Negans group blocking the roads and stuff..

Old 11-28-2016, 10:13 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,821,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
really you didn't like the cheese man episode? I thought that was one of the best episodes... yes the Beth one was terrible but I have to say last nights was the worst episode I ever saw... the acting was horrible.. the way they directed that whole episode was just terrible.. so if they were 2 weeks from Alexandria (driving) and she was only a mile from the bridge, how long did it take her to get back to Alexandria? wouldn't it have been days or maybe weeks? Unless her and heath were going in circles? and they never ran into any of Negans group blocking the roads and stuff..

I was okay with most of the episode, but the part I bolded jumped out at me too. Negan and his magical goons are only omnipresent when the plot demands it. Even after they are on high alert after rolling Alexandria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ha ha. He has to be "on" all the time to be the 1 dimensional cartoon character that he is but luckily JDM is a good actor.

I have to admit I chuckled when Father Gabriel "sneaked" up on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
They hit the problem with Negan that I discussed in a post a few weeks ago - he's a cartoon character! Not in a sense that he is based on someone from the graphic novel, but he is too animated, too exaggerated, and too overacted to take serious. He's like The Joker or Skeletor or Wil-E-Coyote. He belongs in that type of cartoon/super-heroes fictional world, not the one of "Walking Dead".
Quite a few of us have pointed that out. It is a bit of an insult to our intelligence for the guy and his infrastructure to exist. And spreading everybody so thin that we only see beloved characters once a month is killing the momentum thev've built up.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,748,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vE3Z5-6ROc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV