Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times

Advertisements

What do you all believe? Do you think that John Edward can really speak with dead people? I mean, I would love to believe that it is all true, but the skeptic in me says otherwise. How does he do it , then? People that I know who have gone to his shows do say that he has revealed some amazing things.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Honestly, I don't know, but there is a lot said/written about Sylvia Browne. Much of it is negative. With John Edwards, I haven't found this to be true. Now, this may mean that Sylvia's detractors are more vocal, but I tend to believe it's that John Edwards is the real deal.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,029 times
he cracks me up when he tries to guess the names of the contacted deceased----or when the families pressure him for more info----his statement is always--they're pulling their energy back" and ends the reading

on the other hand there are others that i have met that can contact spirits such as hans holzer---sybil leek---not as famous due to their lack of media exposure

Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,235 times
I think he's a charlatan. If he could talk to dead people, he could find out where all of the missing people are.. Lisa Stebic, Natalee Holloway, Stacey Peterson, etc. He could put his alleged skill to some real use. If those people are truly alive and missing, then he could say that he's not getting a connection, so they must still be alive. He could help find thousands uppn thousands of missing children for instance. I think he's a con artist. And if he's not, then he's selfish by using his great power for financial gain.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:52 AM

661 posts, read 2,897,260 times
Hans Holzer is not a medium and has never claimed to be. He always used a medium in his travels (mostly Sybil Leek, sometimes Ethel Meyers). He was an investigator of paranormal happenings.

I had dealings with him back in the '60s. His mediums were always top notch, but it seemed to me his biggest concern was always $$.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:32 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
Hans Holzer is not a medium and has never claimed to be. He always used a medium in his travels (mostly Sybil Leek, sometimes Ethel Meyers). He was an investigator of paranormal happenings.

I had dealings with him back in the '60s. His mediums were always top notch, but it seemed to me his biggest concern was always $$.
they are all in it for the money---sylvia brown charges 700.00 for a reading,john edwards is hawking expensive cd's on on hsn-----as to hans holzer--yes his mediums do the contacting---years ago when i met him--he was doing investigations for FREE!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
These cons have been happening since biblical times. Lisa had it right on - if they did have a true gift, then they would be using it for good, not to line their wallets with the hard-earned money of those who are misguided and/or grieving. They are no more respectable that grave robbers in my book.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:32 PM

661 posts, read 2,897,260 times
returningtonepa

I agree that they all seem pretty money hungry. Seems to me if you genuinely have a gift that could help other people, it's kind of disgusting to charge big bucks for it.

Holzer didn't charge for investigations. The problem in the particular instance I know of was that the people involved refused to sign a release so their situation could be put into his next book. He scooped up his medium du jour and left on kind of a nasty note. The people involved were going through a very difficult time and fortunately the person he used as a medium that day stayed in touch and helped them out.

I don't know what to make of the current batch of psychics out there, but the fact that they charge hundreds of dollars and have such a long wait time for appointments isn't very impressive.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
I guess that I just want it to be true. I really do know better.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Consider talking to the dead a job. People have to make money..but some of them do charge way too much. I will only truly believe they are real if they do a reading on me, not knowing any of my background, who died,etc.
But I refuse to pay $700 or anywhere close to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV