Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 04:22 PM

749 posts, read 857,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
good show, although somewhat juvenile.
Yeah I think if he was still alive, even Walt Disney would say--'Dang that's too Disney!!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,425,087 times
i dont know how that was a wtf ending

when i seen alfre woodards name in the credits you knew something was up

dack a few eps ago when they were freeing the slaves in costa rica i thought the show was evolving into maybe some scifi

a few eps later all they did is get infiltrated and surprise someone is trying to rule the world during a time of chaos

it's not anything we havent seen before

i'm guessing tex is peeping game and will single handedly rescue all of them and rachel scott will finally be his

Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 PM

5,511 posts, read 8,253,747 times
Will the WARLORDS, who seemed to be bad guys at the beginning of the episode, actually turn out to be good guys who, allied with TEX, will save the day??

STAY TUNED!!

Old 08-25-2014, 05:56 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,762,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
I didnt think anyone said it was a wtf ending. I sad that when I found out we had a whole year until the next season but I didnt see any other reference to it.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,736,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

when i seen alfre woodards name in the credits you knew something was up

dack a few eps ago when they were freeing the slaves in costa rica i thought the show was evolving into maybe some scifi

a few eps later all they did is get infiltrated and surprise someone is trying to rule the world during a time of chaos

it's not anything we havent seen before

i'm guessing tex is peeping game and will single handedly rescue all of them and rachel scott will finally be his

Because she has "Kisses sweeter then Wine" ...& skills.....

Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM

5,511 posts, read 8,253,747 times
One thing I learned from this season's final episode: to paraphrase and with apologies to one of the greatest overactors of all time....SOYLENT POWER PLANT FUEL IS PEOPLE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 PM

4,719 posts, read 5,995,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
This is now my new favorite show. It stacked up on my DVR for weeks before I finally binge watched the first 6 episodes. Loved every second of it. I let out a huge "WTF" when they said "season 2 coming summer 2015". a whole year???????

Hopefully we get a full 15 episode season for season 2
Wikipedia says that next year will be 13 episodes

The Last Ship (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My concern is that they stretch the story too thin since they already have a cure - how much more places can they race to in order to find a lab to mass produce the cure?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:40 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,762,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post

My concern is that they stretch the story too thin since they already have a cure - how much more places can they race to in order to find a lab to mass produce the cure?
Ah thanks! I didnt realize the episode number had been announced.

Next season will probably focus on getting out alive. From there we will probably have to deal with mutated strains etc. Of course we'll probably deal with the Tex/Rachel/Chandler love triangle now that Chandler's wife is dead. Always have to have a love triangle. I think it is in the rules or something.

I'd love to see them encounter another rogue ship. I thought the battle scenes were great.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,282,360 times
I watched a few episodes of this, but stopped watching it. They just laid on the BS social engineering propaganda too thick, and it was just too adolescent in general.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:20 AM

37,825 posts, read 41,155,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post

I'm thinking this show is expensive to make so two less episodes and getting them off the ship for a few of those episodes probably saves some money without compromising production values. The problem with all 13 episode shows is the really long wait between seasons.

I liked the season finale very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV