Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 02:48 PM

8,372 posts, read 13,520,292 times

Advertisements

It seems, especially, most of the new shows are about one of the following:
- Some kind of monster/creature (no shortage of zombie/vampire/werewolf shows)
- Magic/Fairy Tale (gotta have a good number of witches, good and bad. Also magicians for those who couldn't get over their Harry Potter fad)
- Super Heroes or Medieval warriors (Marvel clones and for those who love half-naked muscular barbarian types chopping their enemies heads off....why not!)

Amazingly, each one, in a formulaic way, manages to have an interesting mixture of diversity to cover all races and gender types in such a way that they are trying to appeal to and appease everyone.

What is even more annoying (to me) is the unrealistic interactions, dialogs, love and backstabbing formed between all these diverse characters and the timing of the events. The moderation of tease and please, back-n-forth is just amazing.
Someone figured the winning formula and they know how to apply that to pretty much all the shows regardless of what it is about. High quality CGI doesn't help even if you wanted to break away from this visual addiction.

This brain-numbingly idiotic and shallow yet entertaining (I admit) shows all follow the same drama-laden formula to stir up pretty much all the human emotions like a wild rollercoaster ride.

The variety and the level of entertainment closely resembles the Museum of Farts in the movie Idiocracy.
https://youtu.be/UDdp_N_lcR8?t=27

I can't get enough of Netflix! Yaayy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 04:26 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,678,384 times
Just finished Sophie: A Murder in West Cork...it's a documentary...not overly long (which I find some are) and overall well done!

Old 07-01-2021, 09:31 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,322,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Huh, didn't realize it was a new movie. Thought it was that movie he did a few years ago where he killed people with a snow plow.
That's what I said. lol I told my SO, "I'm telling you, we SAW that one." But, no, he insisted it was a different one. He was right. That snowplow one was called "Cold Pursuit." What's funnier is that when we were watching "Cold Pursuit," we said the same thing, "We've already SEEN this one." Well, that's because we had already watched the Norwegian version, "In Order of Disappearance."

Old 07-01-2021, 10:18 PM

14,730 posts, read 14,717,433 times
“Bad Blood” about the Montreal mafia. Not the most subtle crime show, but the acting is pretty good.

Old 07-02-2021, 12:35 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,498,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Just finished Sophie: A Murder in West Cork...it's a documentary...not overly long (which I find some are) and overall well done!
I watched this and recommend it. It was fairly well presented. I moved back to the USA right around the time of Sophie's murder so I was unaware of this news story which I'm sure was wide spread throughout European media. What terrible waste of a human life.

How compelling, the testimony of the Italian woman who now lives in California.

Old 07-03-2021, 10:55 AM

747 posts, read 484,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
“Bad Blood” about the Montreal mafia. Not the most subtle crime show, but the acting is pretty good.
Where was this series streaming on?

Old 07-03-2021, 02:38 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,797,163 times
Murder by the Coast, documentary about a murder of a 19 year old lady in Spain in 1999.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:39 PM

3,342 posts, read 1,838,075 times
Update on Sweet Tooth, which I was giving a good three to four episodes..

Yikes, it's become not only implausible in the extreme, but it IS a fairy tale so..
Unfortunately it is SO UTTERLY DERIVATIVE and clichéd with elements of so many other sci-fi/dystopian world of semi-human, humanoid, hybrid or robot-turned-conscious ('Humans')creatures that are either persecuted by haters (The Straight White Men') or shielded by protectors (everyone else).
But it's a world constructed so that there's plenty of energy from who-knows-where to power amusement rides, secret discos, abundant firearms with plenty of ammo, (but seemingly devoid of government, cities, cell phones and television) littered with near-empty, overgrown towns and wilderness hideaways of secret tribes on horseback. In short a potpourri of whatever the writers want to throw into the salad.

Sweet Tooth seems to have it all so I think I'm done.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:41 PM

20,315 posts, read 37,298,157 times
Well, I started watching "Legend Of Exorcism," and soon after realized that the pretty female lead is a boy, and so the rest of the "actors." I am just waiting to see a real woman-instead of a bunch of "boys" who look and dress like girls-appears, but I think my hopes are in vain since I am up to episode 4 and all I see are pretty boys. Maybe I can muster enough courage to watch up to episode 5, but I think that will be it.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:20 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,599,691 times
Manifest - supernatural sci-fi drama about a plane that disappears for 5.5 years and returns and how the passengers deal with it or more precisely how those left behind deal with it

there are three seasons of which i think only first two are currently on Netflix I am mid way though season 2. It is easy to watch but is getting a bit ridiculous, i will keep watching as many questions remain in answered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV