Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:21 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,358,204 times

Advertisements

Bummer. I was hoping Abby would win it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:58 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,921,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Logan is a strange boy as well.. But yeah.. .... Forward 15 years with Samuel and you imagine news reports of a lone gunman and people talking about how normal he seemed.

Just when I think I've read the most asinine comment on these boards, something appears to supplant it.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 PM

17,759 posts, read 15,560,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Just when I think I've read the most asinine comment on these boards, something appears to supplant it.
About as asinine as saying a contestant was likely to be arrested for assaulting a police officer, diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and then kill himself within a year.

there's, of course, other outcomes for Samuel. He could wind up being a politician.. Not sure that's any better, though.

He seems massively stuck up. At least, that's the image that comes through. For a kid to have that kind of attitude.. It's weird. I wonder if he has parents that just sit back there and tell him everything he does, he's the absolute best at.. And he's bought into it.. That would explain alot. He reminds me of a kid who always got a ribbon for everything he did.. Even if it was a 'participant' ribbon.

Logan just comes across as.. A strange boy. Not bad strange.. Just.. Strange.

And not Sam strange, either. Sam was "I'm going to put on a dress and you can call me Samantha" strange. NTTAWWT. Maybe Samuel is more the "It puts the lotion on its skin..." strange. He alternately creeps me out and ticks me off.

A telling statement that explains some things about Logan is where he said that he always doubted himself. But, he used that doubt to learn. I think the strange that I see in him is that he is constantly this wild mix of confidence and confusion all at the same time. Well, that and the bow tie. Bow ties aren't really cool. Neither are fez.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:14 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,145,088 times
no arguments there. I know he's just a kid and all, but I find Samuel to be incredibly annoying LOL.

Really surprised they chose Logan for the finals over Adaiah. Almost seems like a setup to me, as Adaiah could've actually given Samuel a run for his money in the finals. Samuel seems to have been the golden boy from day 1 with the judges, and you kinda felt all along that he'd win. Poor Logan has absolutely no chance of winning, at least Adaiah could've put up a fight.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
4 years.. Really isn't a whole lot... .

It certainly is when you're talking about 8 and 12. I don't know what would be more embarrassing--losing to an 8-year old or winning.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:33 PM

884 posts, read 1,064,276 times
Well I'm quite a bit late to this thread, but glad I finally found it. So I'm sort of catching up with my thoughts in a nutshell since the beginning.

I like how the judges are so nice and kid-oriented during Jr. Master Chef; on another note, as many others here have posted already, Samuel is extremely arrogant and now that he is in the final two, it seems he will win now that Adaiah is eliminated. It would pleasantly surprise me to see Logan win, because Samuel just seems to think he is "ENTITLED" to win for some reason. I think he is the oldest, maybe that's why he feels so superior to the other children.

I wish the cutoff on ages for this show would be 11 or 12, not 13 or 14, however old Samuel is he just seems to "mature" for this show with 8 year olds. I sure wish Oona, Sean or Adaiah were still on for one of the finalists.

Enjoyed this season though. Those kids are great.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:10 PM

Cutoff is 13, however, noone older than 12 was cast in S2.

In the quick previews.. Someone made something that looked absolutely disgusting. I don't know who it was, but i'm figuring it was Logan.. Looked like something out of the Flintstones.. Like a Pot Pie with a chicken leg sticking out of it..

Am I the only one that noticed that?

Also.. Check out the casting site FAQ, which appears to be for S4.. There's some funny stuff there, and some interesting stuff. MasterChef Junior FAQs : Official Casting Site For MasterChef Junior on FOX

In the list of prohibited items at the open auditions.. Alcoholic Beverages, Fireworks and Illegal Drugs.. Love to see that line.. "Dad, could you please not smoke crack until AFTER I audition?"

Kid has to be 8 to 13 as of 3/9/15, which is the start of taping. So, technically they could turn 14 during the taping..

Competition runs about 2 months.. Which, I assume means that they compete about once a week.

If child is selected.. Child AND parent have to be available for taping.. Which, goes back to what I said before that a parent always has to be on set and it's confusing as to why they always say how much they miss their parents..

Old 12-14-2014, 08:33 PM

I noticed Ramsay's notice for the next season, telling kids from 8-13 to apply.

As far as Samuel is concerned many (but not all) are jumping on the "arrogant" bandwagon. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance. In addition, he's been very supportive of the other contestants.

BTW, I'm sure we'll see at least a few of the more recently eliminated kids return for the finale. They're usually invited back to work in some capacity. And I sure hope those kids get to keep their aprons.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
As far as Samuel is concerned many (but not all) are jumping on the "arrogant" bandwagon. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance. In addition, he's been very supportive of the other contestants.
That is true. You do have a fair and valid point there.

It still rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of James William Bottomtooth III. That's what comes into my mind when he talks about his dishes.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,473,208 times
Quote:

Samuel is like a Big Bang Theory character on Master Chef Junior, but he is empathetic towards others. That's a good indicator that he won't go psycho later in life. It really is unfair to have 12-year-olds compete against 8-year-olds. Besides the 4 years of culinary experience, there's a lot of physicality involved in cooking that benefits the bigger kids like Samuel. I think of Oona struggling with that fryer, for example. I'm surprised that Logan is in the finale. Where did that come from? I didn't really consider him as a frontrunner. He seems to lack confidence.

I thought Gordon would mix it up with a boy-girl combo. A Samuel-Abby (oldest boy vs. youngest girl) pairing would have been an interesting finale. I thought since Alexander won last year that they'd want a different type of champion this year, but I'm pretty sure Samuel is going to win.

Oona was the cutest kid on any reality show ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV