Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times

Advertisements

Too bad they couldn't just kick the whole team off and make the game between those that are left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 10:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
How about if they say anyone on that team would receive less than the $$$Million if they won??
Exactly cut the prize money down to $10,000 if they ate all their rations like this team did! Make it a rule that would they would really pay attention to or be booted off now see my answer to Tami

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Too bad they couldn't just kick the whole team off and make the game between those that are left.
Then they would have had to cancel the season they didn't even have 2 extra players in the wings to step in for the 2 that quit before they left.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Exactly cut the prize money down to $10,000 if they ate all their rations like this team did! Make it a rule that would they would really pay attention to or be booted off now see my answer to Tami

Then they would have had to cancel the season they didn't even have 2 extra players in the wings to step in for the 2 that quit before they left.
No, Jax, I meant into the game. Missy's tribe was how many days into it before it became clear that they (she) were being pigs about the rice? Kick 'em out and go on for the mill with the other tribe. Yeah, I know that is not feasible but that's what I would have liked to have seen happen to that tribe.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:59 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
It would not matter how clearly they spell it out they will still have to give them food or let them starve. Losing the luxury items might not be so bad. How about if they say anyone on that team would receive less than the $$$Million if they won??
As it is they only see about $600k of that million if they win. Uncle Sam's got to get his cut. Government thieves.....

Old 12-20-2014, 08:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for some reason I have never watched or listened to that show at all.
Me either Pippy. I guess I am just not into any of the after show shows.

Well this may seem a bit far fetched but regarding the rice thing, the team that ate more rice had more of an advantage at the challenges because they were better fed. So how about when Jeff gave them more he could have given the other team a bit more as well? Would that have evened the playing field a bit?

In any case, I hope that the rules will be made more strict in coming seasons and that if they eat too much there will be stiff penalties even more than losing their gear.

I like the idea of the "collars" but I just know that they will use stereotypes. I think the people Jeff "randomly" picked from the audience represented a stereotype of each collar and so will the contestants.

Last edited by Minervah; 12-20-2014 at 08:31 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 07:21 AM

16,669 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Really I just don't like this area for some reason. So wonder if they will move to the other side of an island or stay put.

Exactly we've been talking about that here as well she should have been pulled I'm sure they used the reason that the challenges were for individual immunity so nothing lost except her not able to win it. Still I didn't like it or them giving extra rice to the one team that is a slippery slope for future seasons I think.

Yep we have a great bunch of fans here on CD that makes talking about Survivor enjoyable. No offensive posts for the most part or argumentative folks that helps.
Hi everybody. I haven't been able to participate in the threads about the last few seasons of Survivor. I'll try to keep up this time.

Since Jaxson mentioned two things that happened in Season 29, I quoted his to make a couple of comments.

Injuries in the past have lead to players being taken to a hospital. This time, that wasn't necessary, so this time the medical team did not insist that she leave the game.

I'm still thinking back to that rice thing. It seemed like Jeff was improvising as he went to make sure it REALLY cost them dearly.

However, I doubt that these things happened the way we think. Survivor is a GAME SHOW. Ever since the scandals in the 1950s, game shows have had to submit their rules in advance. After doing this a couple of dozen times, I would think that the producers have run the rules revisions past the lawyers enough times to have pretty much everything covered. There are probably rules about aspects of the game that we don't even think about. I wonder if we can read the official rules of the game somewhere.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Hi everybody. I haven't been able to participate in the threads about the last few seasons of Survivor. I'll try to keep up this time.

Since Jaxson mentioned two things that happened in Season 29, I quoted his to make a couple of comments.
LOL, mensa, Jax is a WOMAN.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LOL, mensa, Jax is a WOMAN.
I knew that! Too many mind altering drugs, I guess.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:49 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I knew that! Too many mind altering drugs, I guess.
Well pass them around tis the season to be jolly

Old 12-21-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Well pass them around tis the season to be jolly
I wish I could, Jax. The ones I had kept me in a coma for a few weeks last year, and my mind was a total mess for a couple of months after that. That's also why I missed a couple of Survivor threads.

Anyway, as I recall, the last time they started with 3 teams, it didn't really work out very well and they soon had only 2 teams. Do you really think this one will be any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV