Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,960,294 times

Advertisements

Great episode last night. I didn't expect the well, BOOM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 12:55 PM

23,018 posts, read 28,486,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am finally catch-up after life getting in the way the last few weeks and to be honest, they have given Atwell times to be beautiful or even sexy. Last week's episode (the one with the return of the Howling Commandos) showed her semi-topless (well topless for the 1940s) as well as the dress in the pilot ontop of her usual suit and blouse with a knee length skirt. I will say it stands out because she has entire different look than most women had on TV, even Pan-Am and Mad Men and it works.
Sure, I guess.

But the approach of this show has been a fun change. In so many shows like this, it's the attractive girl pining away for the handsome hero. In this show, all the handsome heroes are pining for the heroine, and she's just trying to do her job. I knew the show was going to play with the gender roles of the era, but it's great that they managed to do it in such a smart way.

Have to say I'm going to miss this show. I hope it comes back. It has struggled in the ratings but is showing steady growth.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:10 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,569,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm loving the show. Easily the best comic book show on TV right now. Faaaaaar better than Gotham, and it doesn't suffer from the soap opera elements of Arrow and The Flash.

As a lifelong male with an unblemished record of heterosexuality, I have to disagree with you there. Hayley Atwell is gorgeous, albeit not in the typical cover model way. In fact, I'd go so far as to say she's one of the most attractive women on TV, but the show is wisely playing that down by dressing her in the conservative fashions of the day. Which is actually a breath of fresh air in a genre where women are all too often hyper-sexualized. (Lookin at you, Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, etc., etc., etc.)
I think she is very attractive too and I am also heterosexual. What I meant was just what you are saying, that they are not dressing her up in some slinky silly outfit in "a cover model way" like the other female heroes we usually see on TV dressed up in tight black leather. Her character is a very attractive woman with extraordinary abilities. She doesn't need garish teenage boy fantasy outfits to illustrate her strengths.

Anyway having said all that, I am not familiar with the comic book world but I really like this show. It tells enough so I can get the gist of the the background story. I hope it comes back as a regular series sometime in the future.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:25 AM

4,719 posts, read 6,008,627 times
good ending to the 8 episode run last night. Glad to see Peggy get the applause when she came back into the SSR office, and the fight between her & Dottie was pretty good, though Dottie did spend a bit too much time doing the villain monologue. With the ending, though, I hope the show is renewed. It seems like it has some good potential, with that "America is the land of opportunity" ending from the man with Fenhoff...

Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 AM

267 posts, read 353,761 times
That man was
Spoiler
Arnim Zola. He was in both Captain American movies. ( well sort of the second). It was a great cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
good ending to the 8 episode run last night. Glad to see Peggy get the applause when she came back into the SSR office, and the fight between her & Dottie was pretty good, though Dottie did spend a bit too much time doing the villain monologue. With the ending, though, I hope the show is renewed. It seems like it has some good potential, with that "America is the land of opportunity" ending from the man with Fenhoff...

Old 02-25-2015, 10:33 AM

4,719 posts, read 6,008,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcip View Post
That man was
Spoiler
Arnim Zola. He was in both Captain American movies. ( well sort of the second). It was a great cameo.
Yes, but I didn't want to spoil it in case nobody had watched.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM

202 posts, read 312,751 times
LOVE this show. I really hope it returns.

It looks like they left it open for that possibility - so many things they can wrap up, or even start, such as the beginning of S.H.I.E.L.D, who Peggy ends up marrying, etc.

This is my favorite decade, so I love the set decoration/clothes/cars, etc. Love it.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:54 AM

23,018 posts, read 28,486,070 times
Loved it. In an era with lots of comic books heroes on TV (ARROW, THE FLASH, GOTHAM, AGENTS OF SHIELD), AGENT CARTER rose to the top and bested them all. I loved it. Can't wait for the DVDs, and I hope we get a Season 2.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,569,652 times
I really, really hope we get to see more of Agent Carter. At the end where she said she didn't need to get credit for what she had done even while her co-worker ranted on that she should. It was one of the best things I have seen on TV. As she said, she knew her worth and didn't need a medal to prove it. Brilliant!

I like the relationship she has with Mr. Jarvis. I hope if the show returns, he will be back too.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 AM

267 posts, read 353,761 times
My bad...I wasnt sure if you picked up on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Yes, but I didn't want to spoil it in case nobody had watched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV