Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,434,073 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Leno, Kimmel to Go on Each Other's Shows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 08:05 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,225,526 times
Default Robin Williams Bob Golthwait on Jimmy Kimmel Live

I caught this show and thought it was great! So much of late night is, you look great, how are the kids, pitch your latest movie.
Robin Williams came out and of course he's always a more funny exciting guest and while he used some of the same jokes I'd heard him use on earlier appearances re his heart operation etc. he added in a whole bunch of other stuff, much of it pretty risque (and since I like that I found it hysterical).
He was just ON. Jimmy Kimmel just stayed out of the way and let it ride LOL! Then Bob Goldthwait came out, apparently they have been friends for years, to talk about the movie they did together and it was really nice. They didn't pitch the movie so much as they talked about their relationship and what its been like, and it really was more an unscripted talk show than you ever normally get to see.
Catch it if you can.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:12 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,701,479 times
I thought it was a good show and Robin was his usual manic self.......love him. I haven't seen Bob in quite awhile and was surprised to see him with the short hair and added weight but then again he's older.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 PM

5,585 posts, read 6,515,763 times
Default Jimmy Kimmel Live

I really like this show, and I am not a talk show fan. I know he was a sportscaster many years ago, is this how he got his start in the biz? I also remember seeing him, along with his wife, on an episode of "Designer's Challenge" when Chris Harrison was the host. Loved that show! Bring it back, HGTV. Chris Harrison, too, although I know he is now hosting some other show I don't watch. He's cute! But then so is Jimmy.

I remember when Jimmy co-hosted "The Man Show" with Adam Corolla. Didn't watch it often, too much for guys, but I did not like Adam Corolla, and still don't to this day.

I also started off liking Gurermo(sp), but he now gets on my last nerve. Jimmy has had his show for what, 10 years? I have only been watching it for 2. So what is up with Gurermo? Has he always been Jimmy's "sidekick"? And I always look for and get a kick out of the one goofy band member, he makes faces, I think he plays the guitar and shows off.

That's it. I've been wanting to post this for awhile, just got around to it.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I really like this show, and I am not a talk show fan. I know he was a sportscaster many years ago, is this how he got his start in the biz? I also remember seeing him, along with his wife, on an episode of "Designer's Challenge" when Chris Harrison was the host. Loved that show! Bring it back, HGTV. Chris Harrison, too, although I know he is now hosting some other show I don't watch. He's cute! But then so is Jimmy.

I remember when Jimmy co-hosted "The Man Show" with Adam Corolla. Didn't watch it often, too much for guys, but I did not like Adam Corolla, and still don't to this day.

I also started off liking Gurermo(sp), but he now gets on my last nerve. Jimmy has had his show for what, 10 years? I have only been watching it for 2. So what is up with Gurermo? Has he always been Jimmy's "sidekick"? And I always look for and get a kick out of the one goofy band member, he makes faces, I think he plays the guitar and shows off.

That's it. I've been wanting to post this for awhile, just got around to it.

I have not watched his talk show yet. However, I recall that Jimmy was the co-host of Win Ben Stein's Money, and he was very funny on it with his quips. I believe he left Ben Stein to start The Man Show.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM

I discovered it last year at this time while staying with my niece while she recuperated. One thing I loved, and he didn't do it this year, was his "joke" for parents to do to their kids about eating all their Halloween candy. It was hilarious seeing how the kids reacted, although you kinda felt bad for them while laughing your a$$ off. He also did this for Christmas, having the parents wrap up a bad gift and then letting the kids open "just one" right before Christmas. Again, hilarious! Then he had the father's day gag of someone turning the hose on someone unexpectedly. Love these "orders".

Thanks for the info about him being on Ben Stein, I didn't watch that show.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I like Jimmey Kimmel, but his talk show is no different than the jillion others on the air now. They are all clones of each other.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM

I stand corrected! He is in NY tonight and the previews showed his Halloween joke coming up!

Last edited by Beretta; 11-03-2012 at 10:57 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,225,526 times
I don't particularly like the beginning of these talk shows although I'll bet for some they are the favorite part. Guermo, Fergason's monologue, whatever. I like the guests if done well. Letterman is the most boring at these, just talking about their kids all the time. Fallon has some fun with his guests as does Kimmell Fergason is ok, depending on who he is paired with.
Graham Norton is by far the best, love his show! For the US ones I check to see who is on, DVR if interested, fast forward through the beginning.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Most jokes don't sound funny to me, but I laught a lot at his. He is more like the old Letterman before he cleaned it up for the lead show. Lots of sarcasm and oddball stuff. I also find myself enjoying the band at the end quite often.

I know people who can't stand him and think he's 'nasty', but he is distinctive too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV