Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 11:58 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,806,113 times

Advertisements

Didn't Dexter have a son? He could be the next Dexter in Dexter II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 01:12 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,171,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

I am three seasons into season five now and it has been a stinker so far. Hope it picks up.
Season Five? That was the Luna one, wasn't it? If so, I'm afraid your hope is in vain. I view 5 as a lost season and when I marathon my way through the whole series on DVD I skip Season Five.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:27 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,739,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Season Five? That was the Luna one, wasn't it? If so, I'm afraid your hope is in vain. I view 5 as a lost season and when I marathon my way through the whole series on DVD I skip Season Five.
Now see, I liked Lumen a lot although I know that is an unpopular opinion. For me, season 6 with DDK was the worst season.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,427,842 times
I loved every season...sure, some better than others...I didn't care.
Never did find out what was up with Quinn's weight loss.
And now, Dexter's sister has her own show, good for her. The Enemy Within.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:51 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,513,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Didn't Dexter have a son? He could be the next Dexter in Dexter II.

Yes, and he saw his mother die and was found in a pool of her blood, just like his father.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:01 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,513,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I loved every season...sure, some better than others...I didn't care.
Never did find out what was up with Quinn's weight loss.
And now, Dexter's sister has her own show, good for her. The Enemy Within.
He claimed he was eating healthier and running. I dunno, I thought he looked a little underweight myself, but he didn't act sick or anything. Has anyone seen him on Elementary? Is he still that thin?

Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,553,668 times
I immediately thought at the conclusion of the series that they were setting the stage for Dexter II with the son and the murderous girlfriend training him.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:13 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,560,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I immediately thought at the conclusion of the series that they were setting the stage for Dexter II with the son and the murderous girlfriend training him.
I think that they just left it open as a possibility.

I recall hearing that there were plans to revive the serious or have some sort of spin-off, but the producers were only interested if Jennifer Carpenter returned. First of all, Deb is dead (maybe she'd return as Dexter's conscious much in the way Harry was). Second, Carpenter has her own show and is probably too busy.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:40 AM

18,054 posts, read 27,510,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Spoiler below if you have not watched through season 4.

Wife and I started watching this series a couple months ago. We are both pissed that they killed off Rita. Dexter still has three kids to take care of so even without Rita he is still going to have to try to be a happy family man that kills people. I don’t see why they couldn’t have continued to coexist.

The writers went for a sudden twist ending that hits you hard and fast with Harrison screaming in a pool of blood and then planning out to Rita in the bathtub. Obviously they went this route so they could show the similarities to Dexter’s own childhood in the shipping container. I get that but I would have preferred a more dramatic scene of Arthur sneaking into the house and killing Rita in the bathtub like we saw Arthur do to the girl in the first episode of the season. All the while watching suspensfully for whether or not Dexter would show to save the day.

Also regarding Rita, I always thought it would have made for a good story line for her to eventually find out who Dexter really is.

I could be wrong but I am fairly certain Harry will turn out to be Dexter’s biological father. And Brian will turn out to be Dexter’s half brother. That’s why Harry took Dexter in but not Brian. It wasn’t because of the BS about Brian being psychologically damaged because of his older age.

It will be interesting to see who and when Dexter starts dating. Anyone notice Quinn is looking really skinny? He’s lost a lot of weight.
Spoiler below after 5 years? Neah.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,627,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I dont think Lumen is going to die. Everyone that has ever been around Dexter has been taken away by death or even killed by Dexter himself. I think this relationship is going to take a different path. I think that once they kill Jordan Chase, Lumen will leave to start a new life and never look back.
Winner, winner chicken dinner!

You were spot on. We are now through season 7 episode 3 of Dexter. I enjoy going back and reading the thoughts and predictions form those who watched the series live. At the end of season 5 when Lumen was sitting down looking sad and like she had something to say my wife said she was going to say she was pregnant. I said, no, she's going to say she is leaving. I certainly didn't shed a tear to see her go her own way.

Some spoilers to follow.

It's really hard to pinpoint what the best seasons of Dexter have been. They've all been really good. I thought the twist of the professor being a dead dark passenger of Travis at the end of season six was great.

I was kind of disappointed in how Deb found out about Dexter's dark passenger. Was hoping she would figure it out through detective work rather than walking in on him. And then Dexter just admitting that he is a serial killer rather than trying to convince her it was a one time thing.

How has she not put 1 + 1 together yet with the slide boxes and realized he is the real BHB and not Doakes?

I still miss Rita. People thought she whined to much but Rita and the kids were when we got to see Dexter interact in a normal family man kind of way which was always interesting and break from the other stuff. Since Rita's death the only scene I can remember of Dexter going into that roll was when his step daughter came back home with her friend.

I really like these Russian mob villains so far in season 7. They are absolutely ruthless. My wife asked if Victor was the boss's gay lover. I assumed he was maybe his son. We'll find out I guess. It was sad that Mike was killed while Bautista and Quinn who have so many problems continue their lives. But with these Russians I wouldn't be surprised if another cop or detective gets knocked off. You don't want to be at the wrong place at the wrong time with these guys like Mike or Louis were.

Prediction:

It seems Deb has FINALLY come to realize the good that Dexter does. I think she said she felt "glad" after Dexter killed Spetzer. I think Deb is going to start using Dexter's dark passenger skills in the homicide department. It will be between her and Dexter only. LaGuerita is going to keep investigating the old BHB case and eventually find out who Dexter is and also find out that Deb has known and been using his skills. Once she finds this out, being the selfish person she is, she will try to bring them both to justice to further her political career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV