Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2023, 10:35 AM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
The way she sways her head is annoying too. I miss Alex
I hate her constant giggling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 05:01 PM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
Ken is back!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2023, 05:20 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Ken is back!!!!!!

Do they announce it somewhere or do you know because it's on at 7 in some areas or 7:30n as where I am?

At any rate, GLAD to hear it!

Old 07-03-2023, 06:52 PM

12 posts, read 3,010 times
They did announce it, but also Jeopardy airs in some markets before noon.

Old 07-03-2023, 07:25 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Ken is back!!!!!!

I like how he's quick to let a contestant know if they're correct then moves right into the next answer. Challenges the contestants I think and the show moves quickly.

Old 07-04-2023, 07:08 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do they announce it somewhere or do you know because it's on at 7 in some areas or 7:30n as where I am?

At any rate, GLAD to hear it!
I kept Googling and found it that way, then he was there tonight. yea!!! gosh, IMO, he is just so much better than Mayim, although she's been trying, I'll give her that.
The contestants, on the other hand. At least we had a playah last night...betting big.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:20 AM

9,888 posts, read 7,226,954 times
Quote:
I kept Googling and found it that way, then he was there tonight. yea!!! gosh, IMO, he is just so much better than Mayim, although she's been trying, I'll give her that.
The contestants, on the other hand. At least we had a playah last night...betting big.
He's back 20 episodes early. Mayim was supposed to host the end of the season that was filmed in May but decided against doing so in solidarity with the striking WGA writers. Jeopardy's writers are part of the WGA. They have been on strike since May 2 and as a member of SAG-AFTRA, she felt she couldn't cross the picket line.

New episodes are supposed to film this month for September airing. Jennings does the first half of the year and Mayim the second. If they don't have enough clues ready, filming may not happen. My understanding is that Jennings is also a member of SAG and that union may soon go on strike as well.

Old 07-04-2023, 05:57 PM

17,598 posts, read 13,378,017 times
There are too many no answer (all 3 contestants) answers

I've never seen this many before.

A few weeks ago, one show had 23. Tonight was 5 or 6

Also, a lot of wrong answers in

Dumb contestants or BAD WRITERS or both?

Old 07-04-2023, 10:50 PM

3,627 posts, read 3,416,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
There are too many no answer (all 3 contestants) answers

I've never seen this many before.

A few weeks ago, one show had 23. Tonight was 5 or 6

Also, a lot of wrong answers in

Dumb contestants or BAD WRITERS or both?
I've noticed that there are an increased number of triple stumpers too. Elsewhere, folks have guessed that there were a lot of categories and clues left over after "Jeopardy Masters," and the producers just threw the leftovers into regular games. But that's only a guess; nobody knows if that's the case or not. Anyway, I don't think the contestants have changed, but the clues and the topics they're referring to seem to have changed.

As for wrong responses, yes, they have increased, likely due to the above, and that's been reflected in the scores after Double Jeopardy. True, there have been a few outliers, whose score has been in the $18K to $23K range and cannot be caught, but it seems that we're seeing a lot of scores in the $7K to $12K range just before Final Jeopardy, when prior, we would have seen a range of $9K to $14K.

Old 07-11-2023, 04:19 PM

381 posts, read 171,478 times
Does anybody find themselves watching less Jeopardy! as the years go on?

I find I do. It's not must-see t.v.

They have dumbed down the show so much over the years.

One thing I can't stand is how they have to have cute titles for the categories, so much so that you can't even figure out what the category is going to be about.

Every single episode must have some pop culture/tv. type category.

If you don't think J has been massively dumbed down go back and watch some older episodes on a streming channel like Tubi or YouTube, wherever you can find examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV