Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 12:21 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,535,732 times

Advertisements

Probst should defer the reunion show to Andy Cohen once the winner is announced. I'm done with the current format.

Click.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 12:35 PM

5,526 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Probst should defer the reunion show to Andy Cohen once the winner is announced. I'm done with the current format.

Click.
Remember when it was Bryan Gumball?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:39 PM

5,526 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I wish they would extend the season a few more episodes. They seem to rush the last part of the season when they get down to 4 left. They should slow down and focus on the strategies of the last four or even show the jury in Ponderosa to see where they are thinking.
Agreed with six people left they could easily stretch it for 5 more episodes.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:01 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,535,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Remember when it was Bryan Gumball?
Shoot, I don't care if Gumby has to do it, it's just not working as it currently is.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

Click.
Andy Cohen??? Is he a super-fan? I totally agree that the reunion shows have sucked for a long time. I do not care about a little girl who wasn't even born yet when the first Survivor started. Or anyone else in the audience. I remember actually when Rosie O'Donnell hosted it -- as I recall, she was a super-fan and was totally into asking the players about their strategies, which is exactly what we all want to hear. I don't remember Gumball hosting it, seems like Probst has done it forever since then. I remember when he used to ask every one of the contestants a question -- they all got some air time. I think that's fair -- we all want to see how they "clean up" -- but the better part of the show should be delving into who did what and why, and answering *serious* viewer questions. Please read this, producers and Jeff!!!

Old 12-15-2015, 01:40 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,466,792 times
Probst is a good Kansas boy. He learns pretty well as he goes. He's also helping us forget that Kirstie Alley is also from Wichita.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:01 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,017,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Probst is a good Kansas boy. He learns pretty well as he goes. He's also helping us forget that Kirstie Alley is also from Wichita.
BUT...he grew up primarily in Bellevue, WA - which is also where I grew up. He graduated from the same high school that my brother did. I had the BIGGEST crush on his younger brother. Holy cow...my friend and I used to walk by his house just to get a glimpse...I suppose now that would be called stalking but in 1980, we were just silly teenage girls.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:13 AM

350 posts, read 478,062 times
Just going to make an observation:

As many times as people complain about recycling previous players, I have lost count how many times folks have said this is one of the best episodes in a long time.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,682 times
I remember at the time thinking Bryant Gumbel was terrible. It was very different though. I wish they'd read the final votes at tribal in the moment. That's drama! 6months later not so much. The winners aren't surprised they know who wins. It was a mistake to move away from that.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:04 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Just going to make an observation:

As many times as people complain about recycling previous players, I have lost count how many times folks have said this is one of the best episodes in a long time.
True. I think it may be that they payed the game so differently this time, no set in stone alliances. People were shifting all the time, or seemed to be, could have been editing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV