Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:43 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times

Advertisements

I knew pretty quickly that they were posers and stopped watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 07:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Naw, that was Billy. Whew, you scared me.

I think these people are kind of scammers, but I sort of like them anyway. I've been to Alaska, and hats off to any off you who can live there.

I like all the Alaska shows. Probably because I live in Las Vegas. No trees. No water. Lots of people and entertainment and general "stuff". Oh, and heat and sunshine. Pretty much the polar opposite of the Alaskan bush.

I don't think watching makes me so much an idiot, as fascinated and curious?
"Kind of scammers?" They've been run out of every town they've ever lived in here. They're liars, thieves, and grifters. The PFD scam was just the tip of Billy Brown's con artist iceberg.

Watch the show if you must, but understand that it's not reflective of life in Alaska.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:34 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I love shows about Alaska, and watch them all, but this, this show is hard to take....

First off, those kids are no longer kids, they're adults and to act as immaturely as they do, really grinds me... "The wolf pac????" And then they howl??? Please???

I watch it when there is nothing else on....and only then....

the mother has been so used to being the alpha, it really rubbed me the wrong way, when her son bought two girls home to meet them and she sits there like some queen and asks them, "Do you like Children"? The very first time she meets his girlfriends. I'm sorry, but I strongly believe she does that to scare them away....b/c she is the Alpha and she doesn't want her son's to have wives. They're all in their 30's (except the girls) and they run around like lunatics...living in a tire house, climbing trees? ....acting like complete nuts. And the mother, asking such a smacked ass question to the girls on their first meeting? Like what if they marry and the young wife finds out she can't have children? Geeze Louise, what a selfish thing to ask on the first time you meet? Who writes this show?

Like the one son who rolled around on the deck of their boat acting like a human mop.... Are you kidding me?

Old 02-22-2017, 03:09 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I love shows about Alaska, and watch them all, but this, this show is hard to take....

First off, those kids are no longer kids, they're adults and to act as immaturely as they do, really grinds me... "The wolf pac????" And then they howl??? Please???

I watch it when there is nothing else on....and only then....

the mother has been so used to being the alpha, it really rubbed me the wrong way, when her son bought two girls home to meet them and she sits there like some queen and asks them, "Do you like Children"? The very first time she meets his girlfriends. I'm sorry, but I strongly believe she does that to scare them away....b/c she is the Alpha and she doesn't want her son's to have wives. They're all in their 30's (except the girls) and they run around like lunatics...living in a tire house, climbing trees? ....acting like complete nuts. And the mother, asking such a smacked ass question to the girls on their first meeting? Like what if they marry and the young wife finds out she can't have children? Geeze Louise, what a selfish thing to ask on the first time you meet? Who writes this show?

Like the one son who rolled around on the deck of their boat acting like a human mop.... Are you kidding me?
I can't even then.

Old 07-05-2023, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,449 times
Default Has anyone ever crossed paths, particularly, with Josh?

Hi there:
Just joined tonight (and I promise I'll introduce myself in a short bit), and I came here to get a feel of WA residents (and Alaskans, plus anyone else) who may have crossed paths with the so-called Bush clan. lol

I'm in no ways a fan, in fact, I know they're frauds.
However, the reason, also, the family is of a strange interest to me, is that last thing, I learned, Joshua, "Bam Bam" (what a immature name! ) Brown was dating an executive producer of the show: Allison Kagan. If I understand correctly: she was either fired, or she quit from the production crew so she can be with Bam romantically.
In case you're wondering why this is of interest to me is because I knew Allison from high school. She attended Suffern Senior High School in Suffern, NY from 1987-1991. I know this because we were acquaintances and I knew she attended college at University of Albany, NY, where she got her Bachelor of Arts and Communication.
I find it rather amusing she actually wanted romantically be with Joshua because why would she ruin her career to be with someone who lies and steals from people wherever they go?

I wish I could ask her, but we lost contact with each other after graduating high school and it was only recently I saw her in the public eye.

That's all I know of her. Whatever chatter online about her and Joshua is that she tries to keep out of the public eye as much as possible; she doesn't have much of a presence on social media, either.

Old 07-06-2023, 06:35 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Have to say, this is a very old thread, and since then Billy had passed on....and they have been out of jail for a long time now....

I believe what bothers me most about this show is how long it was on, which meant it must have been getting ratings, which proves my point, our society has turned into children, walking around in adult bodies.

Old 07-06-2023, 08:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Those people are a piece of work.

So much of what they do is nonsense. Anyone with common sense can see it. The Network must really be hurting for subject matter to even look beyond a one hour documentary with these nimrods.
I agree completely, but the fact is that many people are big fans, because they like to see that there are other people more dysfunctional than themselves. I had a relative that was a huge fan, and yes, she would fit in easily with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV