Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 12:11 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,943,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
I ask again - where is Gendry? Is he still rowing? Will he play any part in the final game?
Speaking of Gendry, I'm still convinced that Podrick Payne is the son of Robert Baratheon. They keep talking about his sexual prowess, which Robert was well known for. I don't know why else they would keep bringing that up. Plus, he's a really good guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 12:27 PM

22,981 posts, read 28,439,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Yeah, but is there anyone left living who can confirm or even hint at Jon's heritage? Because IMHO the only one left who knows is the midwife. Jon doesn't have a clue. Katelyn didn't know, that's how deep a secret it was, Ned damaged his marriage by keeping that secret. They all think he's Ned Stark's son, and have no reason to doubt it.

So even though he is kin to Dany, they won't know it.
Bran knows it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he passes on the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
That was not meant to be a prediction. He just seems more her type. Surely he'll go down fighting to protect Cersei.
No. Jaime is going to kill Cersei. He's already beginning to see her for what she truly is. It's only a matter of time before she crosses the line with him. She will not survive that crossing.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:10 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,943,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Bran knows it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he passes on the information.

No. Jaime is going to kill Cersei. He's already beginning to see her for what she truly is. It's only a matter of time before she crosses the line with him. She will not survive that crossing.
D'oh! That's what happens when I binge watch. I'm having trouble predicting Bran's path from here....plus I'm always wondering how Meera keeps her hair so tidy in such difficult circumstances.

And I love your take on Jaime/Cersei. When he was watching at her coronation, I was thinking it would be more fitting for him to approach her and pledge himself to her formally, instead of skulking in the shadows. But he still hadn't taken in the news of Tommen's death (what a terrible waste!) so I assumed he was still pretty stunned by it all.

So maybe he is a good match for Dany after all? Maybe not romantically, but strategically.

Last edited by Stagemomma; 07-24-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 06:25 PM

7,411 posts, read 12,759,867 times
There, now I've gone back and read every page since early June, and it actually came to about 40 pages! Kudos to all of you for your observations and speculations. And yes, we should probably have a Season 7 Spoilers and Speculations thread pretty soon . But this Season 6 thread has been quite a ride!

Lots of speculations above about who can take over the Iron Throne, as well as Winterfell. According to the rules of Westeros, a woman can't inherit title and power, but of course that rule is being broken left and right now. We have Cersei on the Iron Throne, not because she is a legitimate heir, but because she can. We will see Dany at least attempt to take over. We've got Theon's sister (whatshername) who will be head of the Greyjoys once they get rid of the pesky uncle. And there's that Dorne woman, another kingslayer with ambitions.

And we've got Sansa. All that talk about Jon Snow not being a legitimate Stark--of course he is a Stark, we know that now, but not through the male line. Even so, they've proclaimed him King in the North (and what a scene that was! I had chills down my spine! I wanted to stand up and grab a steak knife and plunge it into the table and yell, "King in the Nawwwth"!). But Sansa is the oldest living child of Ned, and, hey, being the oldest child of the person with the title would qualify any royal/noble woman in Europe for the title today. All the European viewers know that! Westeros is changing and in subtle ways reflecting the values of the 21st century, and I'm betting that Sansa is going to rise through her own powers to rule Winterfell, and not because she marries somebody. A relative of mine (who tried to turn me on to A Song of Ice and Fire for years, but I "don't do fantasy"... ) has a theory she says she picked up elsewhere, but it sounds pretty original to me: Who will end up on the Iron Throne? Sansa. She's the one who has undergone the most ruthless instruction in the Game, and she has the loyalty of the North. But we'll see!

Old 07-25-2016, 12:18 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,276,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We've got Theon's sister (whatshername) who will be head of the Greyjoys once they get rid of the pesky uncle.
Her name was Asha in the books, but they changed it to Yara in the TV series. Probably to avoid confusion with the wildling Osha (RIP).

She had one of the best quotes in a show full of great quotes:

"And I imagine your offer is free of any marriage demands?" Daenerys jokes.
"I never demand, but I'm up for anything, really," Yara oh so masterfully retorts.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:35 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,348,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
There, now I've gone back and read every page since early June, and it actually came to about 40 pages! Kudos to all of you for your observations and speculations. And yes, we should probably have a Season 7 Spoilers and Speculations thread pretty soon . But this Season 6 thread has been quite a ride!

Lots of speculations above about who can take over the Iron Throne, as well as Winterfell. According to the rules of Westeros, a woman can't inherit title and power, but of course that rule is being broken left and right now. We have Cersei on the Iron Throne, not because she is a legitimate heir, but because she can. We will see Dany at least attempt to take over. We've got Theon's sister (whatshername) who will be head of the Greyjoys once they get rid of the pesky uncle. And there's that Dorne woman, another kingslayer with ambitions.

And we've got Sansa. All that talk about Jon Snow not being a legitimate Stark--of course he is a Stark, we know that now, but not through the male line. Even so, they've proclaimed him King in the North (and what a scene that was! I had chills down my spine! I wanted to stand up and grab a steak knife and plunge it into the table and yell, "King in the Nawwwth"!). But Sansa is the oldest living child of Ned, and, hey, being the oldest child of the person with the title would qualify any royal/noble woman in Europe for the title today. All the European viewers know that! Westeros is changing and in subtle ways reflecting the values of the 21st century, and I'm betting that Sansa is going to rise through her own powers to rule Winterfell, and not because she marries somebody. A relative of mine (who tried to turn me on to A Song of Ice and Fire for years, but I "don't do fantasy"... ) has a theory she says she picked up elsewhere, but it sounds pretty original to me: Who will end up on the Iron Throne? Sansa. She's the one who has undergone the most ruthless instruction in the Game, and she has the loyalty of the North. But we'll see!
I am a book reader and not the show but I always saw Sansa as the one in the end. So your relative and I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV