Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2019, 09:21 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Well, last night was interesting and very confusing until the last 5 minutes.
Thanks for this. I am watching it now and so confused. I was honestly ready to give up...

Last edited by veuvegirl; 09-26-2019 at 09:55 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 05:37 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
I guess no one saw any of the previews that were constantly being played on NBC. Or even watched the first few minutes of the show, when Rebecca talks about how strangers come into our lives and make a big impact. It was obvious that everyone in this week's episode was going to somehow be connected to the main story.

I didn't find the premiere to be confusing at all. I thought it was good, and it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:53 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I guess no one saw any of the previews that were constantly being played on NBC. Or even watched the first few minutes of the show, when Rebecca talks about how strangers come into our lives and make a big impact. It was obvious that everyone in this week's episode was going to somehow be connected to the main story.

I didn't find the premiere to be confusing at all. I thought it was good, and it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

I'm going with this. This show has always followed this format so it shouldn't be completely surprising. I was wondering how they were going to keep this up now that we have a pretty good picture of the past. Now I see. I'm actually feeling more optimistic as I was tiring of the same old storylines. Last season I kind of backed off of it being "must see". I might now stay tuned.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:

I never watch commercials, so didn't catch that at all. I knew they would somehow tie into the main story, however for a premier, it isn't IMO a smart way to go. On top of that you don't understand at all how they tie in until the last five minutes. The other characters we have fallen in love with, want to see their storyline. Watching a story of people who you don't know who they are and how they connect for an hour... just didn't jive IMO.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:59 AM

661 posts, read 2,897,726 times
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought in the earlier seasons this was done pretty regularly. There would be a character you hadn't seen on the show before, and in the last few minutes you'd see how they tied in to the others. It was one of the things that set this show apart and I missed it in the last couple of seasons. I really like that they've brought that format back and I was looking forward to the last five minutes of the episode. It was great!

Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought in the earlier seasons this was done pretty regularly. There would be a character you hadn't seen on the show before, and in the last few minutes you'd see how they tied in to the others. It was one of the things that set this show apart and I missed it in the last couple of seasons. I really like that they've brought that format back and I was looking forward to the last five minutes of the episode. It was great!
I agree, I was glad to see they brought back Griffin Dunne's character (Jack's brother), I've always liked him. I think this season is going to be really good. I think they could have shown the main characters a little more and they did at the end but they needed time to set-up the story for the new characters. I mean, it is only an hour show.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:39 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I never watch commercials, so didn't catch that at all. I knew they would somehow tie into the main story, however for a premier, it isn't IMO a smart way to go. On top of that you don't understand at all how they tie in until the last five minutes. The other characters we have fallen in love with, want to see their storyline. Watching a story of people who you don't know who they are and how they connect for an hour... just didn't jive IMO.
But that's kind of how this whole show is. If you didn't like the format of the premier, then you haven't liked the format of the series. Even the very first episode you didn't know until those last few minutes how everything tied in together.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:52 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,305,742 times
Quote:
But that's kind of how this whole show is. If you didn't like the format of the premier, then you haven't liked the format of the series. Even the very first episode you didn't know until those last few minutes how everything tied in together.
True, but that was for the major characters, and even they were spread out over several episodes.

If this week's episode is introducing new MAJOR characters, they'll need to change the title to This is All of Us.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:52 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
True, but that was for the major characters, and even they were spread out over several episodes.

If this week's episode is introducing new MAJOR characters, they'll need to change the title to This is All of Us.
Why?

This is Us is inclusive. It never said "This is Some of Us"...or "These are the Main Characters We Think You'll Care Most About".

Who is to say who "Us" is? Maybe in coming seasons, the characters we're now being introduced to will be the main characters....

Old 09-27-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
For the characters we know and love. When they have introduced new characters they have been woven into the episode, not the entire episode. Big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.