Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 12:11 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,932,935 times

Advertisements

Getting back to Marc:

My first thought was that he was a heavy drug user and he died by either overdosing or suicide.

My other thought was that he raped Kate. Maybe he got sent to prison or maybe he's dead.

Another poster mentioned being a stalker (very plausible), because of how he got her address and then he just shows up at her house uninvited and announcing he's her boyfriend. That was pretty ballsy of him; maybe he was high. I do think he was weird.

Anyway, we shall see.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:32 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times
I keep flashing back to when we saw the kids and their significant others coming to Rebecca's bedside in the hospital. I can't remember which episode or season that was, but it was foreshadowing Rebecca's death, I thought. I'd love to re-watch that episode to see how it portends what is happening now with Rebecca's memory issues. Did we know then that Rebecca had dementia? If I remember, the kids weren't surprised the end was near, like they were expecting that call.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:56 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Getting back to Marc:

My first thought was that he was a heavy drug user and he died by either overdosing or suicide.

My other thought was that he raped Kate. Maybe he got sent to prison or maybe he's dead.

Another poster mentioned being a stalker (very plausible), because of how he got her address and then he just shows up at her house uninvited and announcing he's her boyfriend. That was pretty ballsy of him; maybe he was high. I do think he was weird.

Anyway, we shall see.
Who's Marc? I seem to have forgotten this part.

Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 AM

16,426 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Who's Marc? I seem to have forgotten this part.
Teenage Kate's boyfriend. We've only seen him a couple times.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:27 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,307,095 times
I heard an interesting take on the whole Kevin/Randall bromance.

We see the episode end at the 40th birthday party with Randall conspicuously absent. Rebecca asks where Randall is.

"Randall’s not coming,” Kevin says. “We’re not speaking, remember?”

Viewers are left wondering what happened among the siblings.

But as the theory goes, the beef is not between Kevin/Kate and Randall, it's between Rebecca and Randall.

Imagine this. Rebecca has some as yet undisclosed issue with Randall some time during the 9 months before the birthday, and she declares to the family, "Randall and I are not speaking," because of it.

Flash forward to the party. Due to her illness, she can't recall having declared, "We're not speaking," so Kevin is merely quoting her statement back to her.

'We’re not speaking,' remember?”

It may be a stretch, but if true, it could imply that Kevin and Kate may have actually wanted to invite Randall, but Rebecca would not allow it.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:27 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
I heard an interesting take on the whole Kevin/Randall bromance.

We see the episode end at the 40th birthday party with Randall conspicuously absent. Rebecca asks where Randall is.

"Randall’s not coming,” Kevin says. “We’re not speaking, remember?”

Viewers are left wondering what happened among the siblings.

But as the theory goes, the beef is not between Kevin/Kate and Randall, it's between Rebecca and Randall.

Imagine this. Rebecca has some as yet undisclosed issue with Randall some time during the 9 months before the birthday, and she declares to the family, "Randall and I are not speaking," because of it.

Flash forward to the party. Due to her illness, she can't recall having declared, "We're not speaking," so Kevin is merely quoting her statement back to her.

'We’re not speaking,' remember?”

It may be a stretch, but if true, it could imply that Kevin and Kate may have actually wanted to invite Randall, but Rebecca would not allow it.
But wouldn't he have said "You're not speaking, remember?" rather than "We're..." Also, family dynamics lead me to believe that they would have invited him, if that were the case, to give Rebecca and Randall an opportunity to mend fences. I think that Kevin and Randall are the ones not speaking, like the episode led us to believe. The show has surprised me before, but I'm feeling like they weren't trying to fool us on this one, especially with a blatantly incorrect pronoun. I don't think he'd quote her like that -- it's belittling and not the way they roll. Also, we already know that there's tension between Rebecca and Randall, so that's not an "aha!" but it is when it's Kevin and Randall not speaking, so perfect for a mid-season finale leading us to wonder why and what happened. I could be way off-base -- like I said, the show surprises me -- but that's my gut feel.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 11-29-2019 at 03:41 PM..

Old 11-29-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
And, she was lovely and so sweet as a young teen . She just adored her Dad . Of all the triplets , she recovered the least, I think , from Jack's death.
Guilt will do that. That's because it was her crying and whining about her dog that made Jack go back into the burning house. Dumb move on both their parts. It was just a dog; he was a person.

But like I always have to remind myself when watching TV... It's in the script! Apparently it was time for Jack to go.

Last edited by geebabe; 11-29-2019 at 06:07 PM..

Old 11-29-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
But wouldn't he have said "You're not speaking, remember?" rather than "We're..." Also, family dynamics lead me to believe that they would have invited him, if that were the case, to give Rebecca and Randall an opportunity to mend fences. I think that Kevin and Randall are the ones not speaking, like the episode led us to believe. The show has surprised me before, but I'm feeling like they weren't trying to fool us on this one, especially with a blatantly incorrect pronoun. I don't think he'd quote her like that -- it's belittling and not the way they roll. Also, we already know that there's tension between Rebecca and Randall, so that's not an "aha!" but it is when it's Kevin and Randall not speaking, so perfect for a mid-season finale leading us to wonder why and what happened. I could be way off-base -- like I said, the show surprises me -- but that's my gut feel.
I agree with you. I am thinking it might be tied in with who Kevin's pregnant fiancée is. I'm most curious about this part of the story right now.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:09 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,585,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Guilt will do that. That's because it was her crying and whining about her dog that made Jack go back into the burning house. Dumb move on both their parts. It was just a dog; he was a person.

But like I always have to remind myself when watching TV... It's in the script! Apparently it was time for Jack to go.
Oh gosh, I think it's just human nature your kid is crying for the dog, so you save the dog. I would. Kid or no kid.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh gosh, I think it's just human nature your kid is crying for the dog, so you save the dog. I would. Kid or no kid.
Hi jencam! Nope, not me. It would not be in my nature to run back into a burning building for a dog or any other pet. For a person, yes. Jack doing that left his wife and three kids behind without a husband and father. Plus, Kate didn't even keep the damn dog. Oops, forgot... It's in the script!

P.S. I enjoy Lucifer way more, jencam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.