Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 12:04 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,515,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I think something happens during the clinical trial that leaves Rebecca in worse shape maybe even in a vegetative state and that’s what breaks the relationship with Randall and his siblings. He forces their Mom to participate, things go terribly wrong and they can’t forgive him for her (and them) losing what time she had left with her family. Just a thought.
We know she isn't in a vegetative state because she is at the cabin for the 40th birthday party. Her condition has definitely deteriorated (remember she has that breakdown in the Chinese restaurant and the cops have to take her back to the cabin; we thought that was all happening during Thanksgiving but it was actually during the bday party)...but she isn't a vegetable.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
My memory is a bit fuzzy on this but after Rebecca made her original contact with William did they continue to have a connection as years went by?
I am fuzzy also...

but what I think I remember is that she contacted William a 2nd time when Randal was looking for his birth parents and asked William if he wanted to meet Randal.
Then she changed her mind and wrote William a letter saying she changed her mind & included a photo.
That is the letter that Randal found when he went to get things for
William at his apartment.
Randal confronted Rebecca with the letter at the dinner table (maybe Thanksgiving)

Old 03-20-2020, 02:25 PM

50,960 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A mother's insecurity.
To the anonymous poster who messaged me with "No, a mother's love", it's not an either/or. In a past program she clearly expressed her own worry about how he might react to his new family if his real father was in his life, while she was equally concerned with what kind of man the real father might be, considering the drug addiction.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,600,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To the anonymous poster who messaged me with "No, a mother's love", it's not an either/or. In a past program she clearly expressed her own worry about how he might react to his new family if his real father was in his life, while she was equally concerned with what kind of man the real father might be, considering the drug addiction.
William was clean. Her only worry was losing Randal. She said so straight out, feeling guilty about it.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:31 PM

Another part I am trying to remember. When did he get clean? Randal was a new baby when Rebecca went to see him and he already was. I want to say he got clean when the woman was pregnant? He just didn't have a way to take care of a baby? IDK, he had that apartment. I don't remember what he was doing to pay for that either. Or why he never did better all those many years, staying in that cheap apartment.

If they didn't flash back and forth and forward and blah blah I'd go re-watch an epi.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
back and forth and forward and blah blah.
haha
And now we have 2 past versions that are just in Randal's imagination to keep straight

Old 03-20-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
haha
And now we have 2 past versions that are just in Randal's imagination to keep straight
lol, well I haven't seen those yet. William 100% was clean when Randal was a wee baby. Rebecca went to see him saying she was having trouble bonding to 'Kyle' so he said give him his own name.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
lol, well I haven't seen those yet. William 100% was clean when Randal was a wee baby. Rebecca went to see him saying she was having trouble bonding to 'Kyle' so he said give him his own name.
Dang, So his bio-dad was clean his whole childhood but he was never allowed to know him.
I am liking Rebecca less & less..

Old 03-20-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Dang, So his bio-dad was clean his whole childhood but he was never allowed to know him.
I am liking Rebecca less & less..
I have to take back my 100%! He was NOT clean when she first went to see him. The Apt. was riddled with dirty needles.

What confuses me about that is why would she fear him wanting Randal back at that time? No court would give a baby back to a junkie.

He had been clean 5 years when Randal was 9 and asking about his Dad and she saw him again. That is when her decision starts to get questionable.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2016/10/11...isode-3-recap/

Old 03-20-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I have to take back my 100%! He was NOT clean when she first went to see him. The Apt. was riddled with dirty needles.

What confuses me about that is why would she fear him wanting Randal back at that time? No court would give a baby back to a junkie.

He had been clean 5 years when Randal was 9 and asking about his Dad and she saw him again. That is when her decision starts to get questionable.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2016/10/11...isode-3-recap/
You are right, it makes more sense on the first visit that she didn't want Randal knowing he had a junkie dad and having that influence. I probably would have done the same as a mother.

On the second visit I may have kept them apart if I thought it would have not been good for Randal.
That depends on lots of things.

But by 18 she was wrong not to tell Randal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV