Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 01:48 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,122,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I don't see why the insurance guy would have done it. He has nothing to gain from it. I'm leaning more towards the stepdad because he has the most to gain from it. I don't think it was the other 'thug' for the simple fact that I think he would have killed both the girl and Naz. Of course the way the show is going, they might show Naz beating the charges, but they won't actually tell us (the viewers) who killed her. They will just leave it to us to decide.
True. Only thing I was thinking was maybe insurace guy is in on it with step-dad, knowing step-dad would be an obvious suspect (if it hadn't been for Nas). wouldn't be surprised if he saw nas and the girl going inside, and knew they'd both be high and passed out in a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,122,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
What i like so far about this series is, how the Detective and the prosecutor are take their emotions out of the case. I know they have a hunch that, Nas didn't do it, but they still have to put somebody in jail ASAP.
I hate it. Though I know that is how the US criminal system works, it doesn't make it any less messed up. As you said. Detectives and DAs....they all have jobs to do. Put bad people in jail.

We have seen Box take special interest in this case. Maybe just because it's his last, but we've also seen several times where he really looks puzzled as to what really happened. We get a sense that Box feels Nas might not have done it. And yet he's still trying to put Nas away....because he has a job (help convict a bad guy) and Nas is their best case.

Same with the DA. She went to the coroner and asked him to spin the cuts on Nas' hand in her favor, same with the Doc to say Nas could have flown a 747 while high on that drug compared to saying he probably couldn't even lift his head

Both the detectives and the DA on this case are just out to convict Nas, even though they themselves aren't sure it was him. Really sucks for Nas, especially if we find out for sure he didn't do it.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:12 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,009,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
True. Only thing I was thinking was maybe insurace guy is in on it with step-dad, knowing step-dad would be an obvious suspect (if it hadn't been for Nas). wouldn't be surprised if he saw nas and the girl going inside, and knew they'd both be high and passed out in a few hours.
It is a possibility that the insurance guy is in on it, but if he was, I highly doubt he would have spilled all that information about the stepdad. He would have just kept saying 'client/customer privacy' and taken his chances with a subpoena.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:27 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,962,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Has anyone else noticed the numerous shots of the deer head. I wonder if there is a camera behind one of the eyes or something.
That occurred to me, too.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:20 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,031,997 times
Interesting... I only noticed it the first night.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:26 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,875 times
Since it has been mentioned on here I have noticed it couple of times. You would think there is a reason they keep showing it. But then again with today's directing.....

Old 08-21-2016, 12:57 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,478,350 times
Love the series so far...full of metaphors, I haven't seen every episode but here is my take so far.
1. The cat being brought into the dog pound was interesting (when all the dogs were barking). I personally believe that scene was a metaphore. The cat being brought into the dog pound represented Nasir being brought into prison. The lawyer with the bad eczema got the cat out of the dog pound just like he is going to get Nasir out of prison.
2. I have wondered why Freddy has been so nice to Naisr. Yes, he said that he took education seriously...but he also said he put hits out while in prison...maybe freddy had someone kill the girl and that's why he is so nice to Nasir cuz he knows he is innocent.
3. That dear on the wall...they really focused on it in the first episode. I think that might be a key...maybe the dear might have a camera in it, which can prove Nasir's innocence.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:36 PM

862 posts, read 520,645 times
Why would a deer head have a camera in it?

I do not understand this theory. If it was in there as part of a monitored security system, surely the cops would have been alerted to that, unless this show is even somehow sillier than it has been.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:57 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,875 times
I don't think the court scenes have been very realistic.

I am enjoying the show though.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:20 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,386,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I don't think the court scenes have been very realistic.

I am enjoying the show though.
The court scenes are horrible. Chandra and John are really incompetent to let that teacher testify to Nas beating up those two students in high school; that's too prejudicial and it's irrelevant to whether Nas killed Andrea. They also let the prosecutor say other things she shouldn't be. Though I can understand why the other court scenes are done the way they are because the story has to move along.

Also, at first I thought the scene where Chandra kissed Nas was a dream sequence; to me it was too over-the-top to be real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV