Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM

443 posts, read 1,798,104 times

Advertisements

I thought it was good. Although I was luke warm about Kitt being a Mustang. It began to grow on me.

I though it was much better that the Bionic Woman reboot and the Sarah Conner Chronicles.

I hope they make it a weekly series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 PM

13,943 posts, read 39,473,893 times
Nope most remakes are not as good as the org....

Old 02-18-2008, 02:24 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,950,965 times
I watched it. I thought it was entertaining. There were some nice special affects.

Granted, I never watched the original. Something about having to be in bed at a certian time to be up for school the next day.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,303,569 times
Honestly I got so bored with it I finally walked away. My husband loved it.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:50 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,957,927 times
It was a 2 hour commercial for Ford. I got sick of it after the first half hour so I just stopped watching. I tuned in again during the last 5 minutes when the Hoff made a special guest appearance. Weird.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:07 PM

14,860 posts, read 43,013,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
It was a 2 hour commercial for Ford. I got sick of it after the first half hour so I just stopped watching. I tuned in again during the last 5 minutes when the Hoff made a special guest appearance. Weird.
That is true. I got tired of the Ford commercials along w/ the "answer this question and win.............". It did seem like one LONG Ford commercial. I think it would have been MUCH better if there were none of those commercials and just let the show stand on its own.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,053,677 times
I didn't watch because I assumed it was just another empty, souless rehash like the new Bionic Woman.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 PM

109 posts, read 250,108 times
Thumbs down Knight Rider

Anybody catch the new Knight Rider?

Horrible acting, mediocre plot, and K.I.T.T a Mustang? Give me a break, everybody has Mustangs. Part of the appeal for me as a kid was all the lights and gadgets the car had.

It is obvious that the studio who produced and created the new series is getting some serious cash for plugging Ford. Every commercial for Ford was ridiculous.

The car was something that you would see on "pimp my ride" with just a big screen in the dash and a keyboard in the glove box? They should of hired George Barrett to come up with something!!

I am sorry, I am just pissed! Anybody feel my pain?

This show won't last.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,375,617 times
I actually like the show, and actually thought the commercials were cool... but I'm a chick, and I don't think that's who the show was geared towards. I've also never seen the original so I didn't have any preconcieved expectations. I mean, it wasn't the greatest show ever but I didn't intend to watch it at all because I thought it looked stupid. My boyfriend was watching it and I ended up not being able to take my eyes off of the TV. I'm not sure how they are going to keep it going because it doesn't seem like you could build season after season on this storyline though. I do think some of the elements (Mustang out of the back of an airplane, etc) were a little overdone, but I guess that's part of the escape-ism.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 AM

470 posts, read 1,957,074 times
I thought it sucked too. It tried to be overly-techy and futuristic to the point where the car could probably fly or drive through obstacles. Plain silly. The characters were as shallow as a daytime re-run and the acting was amateurish.

KITT's voiceover was too sterilized, as if there were a real person there. It should have sounded more synthesized, like the original.

We watched it only because there wasn't anything else on. It was actually so unintentionally funny, that we kept watching it for a few good laughs along the way. It wasn't even worth calling a "continuation" of the original, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV