Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which are your favorites to watch, past and present
The Price Is Right 14 24.14%
Jeopardy! 31 53.45%
Wheel of Fortune 13 22.41%
Deal or No Deal 3 5.17%
Let's Make A Deal 13 22.41%
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 14 24.14%
Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? 4 6.90%
Catch 21 3 5.17%
Pyramid 7 12.07%
Match Game 18 31.03%
Family Feud 19 32.76%
Power of 10 0 0%
The Face Is Familiar 0 0%
Bingo America 1 1.72%
The Money List 0 0%
Celebrity Name Game 1 1.72%
The Moment of Truth 0 0%
Password/Password Plus/Super Password/Million Dollar Password 11 18.97%
Press Your Luck/Whammy! The All New Press Your Luck 5 8.62%
The Singing Bee 0 0%
1 vs 100 1 1.72%
Three for the Money 0 0%
Sports Challenge 0 0%
Lingo 0 0%
Stump the Schwab 0 0%
Trump Card 0 0%
To Tell The Truth 9 15.52%
The Newlywed Game 12 20.69%
Chain Reaction 1 1.72%
Don't Forget The Lyrics! 0 0%
other 19 32.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:58 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,948,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer
The original version of "Jeopardy!" was the best. Instead of having to wait until the host finished reading the question, a contestant who felt they knew the answer could buzz in and ask before the question was finished
I have heard ppl do that since Alex has been host....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 04:37 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,416,427 times
I liked The Dating Game and Love Connection. I saw the episode of The Dating Game with serial killer Rodney Alcala. I wonder what the female contestant thought when that story came out.

I liked the Newlywed Game with Bob Eubanks. I don't care for the one hosted by Loni Love at all. Card Sharks, Hollywood Squares, Price is Right with Bob Barker (especially the old ones where before they went to commercial there was a freeze frame of the contestant making some dumb face LOL). Family Feud with Richard Dawson. Let's Make a Deal. I love the vintage versions of game shows because of the way people dressed and because you could see how different things were then.

I watch BUZZR to get my fix of old game shows, but I wish that the channel had more variety. They show the same few game shows all the time. Now, I like Match Game, but I can only watch so much of it.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:06 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,159,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I really enjoyed watching game shows when I was younger. My favorite game shows are Jeopardy, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Deal or No Deal, The Price Is Right, and Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader but the game show I like the most is The Price Is Right. That's my favorite game show because you bid on prizes and if you guess the correct price on each prize you win them.

My favorite old time game shows were Match Game (hosted by Gene Rayburn) and Pyramid (hosted by Dick Clark).

What are your favorite game shows to watch, past or present?
I still enjoy watching Family Fued and Wheel of Fortune. When our kids were in school and I was a stay at home mom, about 40 years ago, I would do errands, visit with friends, clean house or whatever and my afternoons were mine: I spent them between watching soap operas and game shows. Today, we are retired but probably watch less TV then we did way back. At dinner we usually watch Wheel of fortune and while I am having my wine and fixing dinner we watch Family Fued.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:08 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,709,850 times
Jeopardy seems to be the most popular.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:18 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,948,173 times
Yea that show hasnt reallty changed much since Alex took over.........

I like THE LIARS CLUB also (Where they all are given something and they each describe what they think the item is)

Old 03-04-2017, 09:36 PM

19,700 posts, read 9,646,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I've never heard of "Don't Forget the Lyrics" but back in the day, I used to enjoy "Name that Tune."
Ditto that
I can't recall the host of Name That Tune but I did enjoy it while it was on tv.

Jeopardy is kinda fun to watch although I could never be on it but if they ever had a version that was multiple choice, I might have a better shot at it

Old 03-08-2017, 08:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,681,779 times
Let's Make a Deal - Monty Hall

The Newlywed Game - Bob Eubanks

Match Game 73 & 78 - Gene Rayburn

Tattletales - Bert Convey

Sale of the Century - Jim Perry

I still watch many of the reruns and remember seeing many of the original airing's Really like and miss the time period from these shows. Much more carefree and happy time.

Really don't enjoy any of the remakes of these shows.

Last edited by 70's Music Girl; 03-08-2017 at 10:18 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 09:32 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,050,591 times
I love game shows. Always have, always will.

Password was one of my favorites.

I watch Jeopardy if I'm in the house, and of course, Wheel of Fortune.

Today's remakes are hideous beyond belief. That horrible thing with Baldwin is just plain unwatchable. And the show with Anthony Anderson and his God-Awful mother...same. Unwatchable. Strahan was doing Pyramid and it was decent, but it seems to have gone away.

Today's game show stars just aren't funny or interesting. They try their best to come up with answers they think are sexy or cute, but they're just plain revolting and not one bit funny.

I somewhat enjoy the show with Craig Ferguson. Mindless but kinda fun. Millionaire is OK. Anything with Steve Harvey is boring and predictable. I don't like his "ghetto" talk. He butchers grammar.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:15 AM

378 posts, read 249,074 times
I got my game show watching from my grandmother. She used to watch "To Tell The Truth" which was hosted by Bud Collyer in the 60s. Maybe because it was on the same channel as "The Guiding Light," which she watched.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:32 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,419,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Millionaire....with Regis Philbin as host.

Are you Smarter ....with Jeff Foxworthy as host

Jeopardy ....with Alex Trebek as host

The Price Is Right ....with Bob Barker as host

Family Feud ....with Richard Dawson as host

I think the right host is as important as the game.
I'm with you for the most part. I could say:

Deal or No Deal - with Howie Mandell as host

Wheel of Fortune - with Pat Sajak as host

Let's Make A Deal - with Monty Hall hosting

Pyramid - with Dick Clark hosting

And Match Game with Gene Rayburn hosting.

Personally I'm fine with Drew Carey hosting Price is Right and with Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, or Steve Harvey as host of Family Feud. Harvey's hilarious. He's got a good sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV