Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
AND she speaks 3 languages ~ don't you forget! She gets on my last nerve. Believe, me I have anxiety myself and don't expect a party every time I accomplish some everyday event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I feel sorry for her husband and, YES, I can picture her having some wire hanger moments.

She actually makes Ramona look like the sane one. Way to go AVIVA

Exactly! I also deal with anxiety, but I don't drag other people into it, expect them to throw me parties, and throw fits when they don't. I'm thinking back to earlier in the season when Aviva said she was overindulged as a child. I think we're seeing that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM

569 posts, read 671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
AND she went to Vassar!!! I loved when she rattled off all her degrees and languages and everything else.... and she does NOTHING with it.

Reid isn't going to tolerate her for very long. Remember, they have 2 very young children together. Once they get older, I'm sure he'll either be gone completely or have a "kept woman" on the side that he spends most of his time with.
Yeah well, I went to beauty school and *I* have better manners than she does! I also speak 3 languages: pleasant, snarky, and I will rip your freaking head off if you don't leave me alone. kidding...

Frankly if I had been there and had been feeling my spirits, I would have gotten a bad case of the giggles. She was clearly off her rocker and nothing short of a ticker tape parade would have made her happy. Pop some corn and watch the show. Thank you Bravo for giving us Kelly v2.

I SOOOO see Reid having his own Ashley Dupree. He deserves it.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
My brother went to Vassar - big deal. Over-priced college. The dorms are nasty. The buildings are old.. I guess, I can brag for my brother. MY BROTHER WENT TO VASSAR YA'LL...Oh, I lived 2 miles from the College, hung out there a lot! She needs to shut up about it...

I work with children who have missing arms, fingers, legs. You know, they never seem to talk about it. They do normal things as best as they can. She uses this as a crutch. Her fear of flying - well others have the fear. She over plays it a bit much. She bugs me the most... She's the biggest drama queen on the show. And most couldn't stand Ramona. This chic is on my bug list...

Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I was really surprised that Aviva ended up being such a jerk! I thought from the previews it is going to be Ramona and Sonja!! I think Aviva was completely hyped up from her anxiety and just lost it, and kept on going.

Ramona's actions didn't help, or Luanne's denial of EVERYTHING! The entire show was a catastrophe that you just can't stop watching.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Here is the thing with Aviva----she has so many levels of anxiety it is crippling her life. There are doctors and meds for that. Her friends do not need to hear about it,nor applaud her for doing something that is quite natural to them and it is unfair to everyone around Aviva. Not everyone is going to enable her as Reid does. Poor guy............that's a full time job. Avivia says she doesn't want to be treated as a disabled person yet she makes sure everyone knows of her disabilities and I don't mean just her leg. Her anxiety is over-the-top! Then she expects accolades for doing normal,everyday activities; which BTW had to be taken to extreme levels to accomplish. This is not normal behavior.
Exactly. That is what was nuts about last night's episode.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:18 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Here is the thing with Aviva----she has so many levels of anxiety it is crippling her life. There are doctors and meds for that. Her friends do not need to hear about it,nor applaud her for doing something that is quite natural to them and it is unfair to everyone around Aviva. Not everyone is going to enable her as Reid does. Poor guy............that's a full time job. Avivia says she doesn't want to be treated as a disabled person yet she makes sure everyone knows of her disabilities and I don't mean just her leg. Her anxiety is over-the-top! Then she expects accolades for doing normal,everyday activities; which BTW had to be taken to extreme levels to accomplish. This is not normal behavior.
I agree 100%! She said to Sonja and Ramona that she doesn't need Pinot Grigio, she just needs Reid as if she was superior. She needs him to a co-dependent level and should get therapy to learn to control her thoughts instead of allowing them to terrorize her. Other people with disabilities are out there in the world living. I just bought a book by a guy with no arms and legs who travels the WORLD giving lectures on spirit! I mean, I'm sympathetic but c'mon already, the accident was 40 years ago. Work it out.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
I do not believe that any of these woman are truly friends with on another; they all met through a reality show didn't they? I thought Heather only told Carol, but I may not be remembering it correctly. A house full of high strung (well not Carol) NYCHW's not gossiping, that is to much to ask from them IMHO! I think Heather may have been shocked by Luann's behavior and couldn't help hersef. I am sorry but Luann is way to old to blame anything on being very intoxicated. I have been plenty drunk ( in my younger years, at 46 I no longer get drunk) and it never changed my committment to my partner!

I guess I just have a different point of view...
We are all entitled to our points of view. There wouldn't be much discussion if everyone agreed on everything.

To be clear I wasn't saying Luann cheated because she was drunk, a sober Luann would probably still cheat considering how easy it was for her, the guy was basically a stranger, it may even be part of a pattern. I just don't think that if she were sober she would have brought the guy back to the house, alcohol can affect common sense. We don't know what her commitment level is, she may have been considering a break up for awhile, and this is her way out. Who knows? Who cares? I can't stand the woman.

I still believe Heather just likes being in everyone's business, it's not just this, it just seems to be her basic personality and way of getting attention.

Last edited by detshen; 09-05-2012 at 01:53 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
[b]

Exactly! I also deal with anxiety, but I don't drag other people into it, expect them to throw me parties, and throw fits when they don't. I'm thinking back to earlier in the season when Aviva said she was overindulged as a child. I think we're seeing that now.
Exactly, all her anxieties and dependencies have probably gotten her special treatment all her life. She can blame all her issues on the tragic accident which makes it hard for people to tell her that her behavior is not okay, no one wants to minimize losing a body part. Most likely in situations where a parent should tell their child, "enough, you need to grow and learn how to cope by yourself" her parents continued to coddle her. She may say she wants to be treated normally, but she clearly doesn't, on one hand she wants to be seen as brave for surviving losing her leg, but on the other hand everyone is supposed to indulge and excuse her when most people probably wouldn't if she hadn't had the accident, and lost part of her leg. She needs professional help, she is putting far too much pressure on her family and friends to take care of her.

Last edited by detshen; 09-05-2012 at 01:45 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
We are all entitled to our points of view. There wouldn't be much discussion if everyone agreed on everything.

To be clear I wasn't saying Luann cheated because she was drunk, a sober Luann would probably still cheat considering how easy it was for her, and the guy was basically a stranger, it may even be part of a pattern. I just don't think that if she were sober she would have brought the guy back to the house, alcohol can affect common sense. We don't know what her commitment level is, she may have been considering a break up for awhile, and this is her way out. Who knows? Who cares? I can't stand the woman.

I still believe Heather just likes being in everyone's business, it's not just this, it just seems to be her basic personality and way of getting attention.

it was very telling when LouAnn was on the phone telling her friend(in French) not to say anything about Tome being with her last night. Then she said,"I never change" --pretty much explained everything-to me

Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
it was very telling when LouAnn was on the phone telling her friend(in French) not to say anything about Tome being with her last night. Then she said,"I never change" --pretty much explained everything-to me
I missed that, that's very interesting. Weren't there rumors of possible cheating on her husband in earlier seasons before the divorce? I seem to remember the rumors were of her living quite a "party lifestyle" with drugs and men. I don't put much stock in specific rumors, but there is often a grain of truth that starts it all. I have a feeling she would be much more interesting, and maybe even more likable if she had never adopted the stupid "class and manners" persona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV