Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,815,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I missed that, that's very interesting. Weren't there rumors of possible cheating on her husband in earlier seasons before the divorce? I seem to remember the rumors were of her living quite a "party lifestyle" with drugs and men. I don't put much stock in specific rumors, but there is often a grain of truth that starts it all.
I missed it too when I watched the episode the first time. But last night,when waiting for the new episode I flipped over to that channel and that part-with her on the phone-happened to be on so I followed the converation more intently. When she said that, I was like .............then I thought,"ok then. Now I know the real LouAnn"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 AM

484 posts, read 855,773 times
As much as I like Carole, I get the sneaky suspicion that she has a hidden agenda and we have yet to see the REAL Carole and when we do we will be.......NO SHE DIDN"T......... I picked this up when her bf arrived and she was telling him that the women were all crazy.... but she had no problem being associated with them when she signed up for the show. BTW anyone who signs up for a reality show has to be missing a few marbles.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Carole- WAY too good for this franchise. So much fun to see a normal person in this environment. Voice of reason time.

LuAnn- She said it herself, "I never change." What it it Oprah says? When someone tells you who they are, believe them. And why is Sonja so cavalier about this when Faux Depp is the boyfriend of her "dear friend"?

Heather- I would be uncomfortable too. How's she supposed to face Jacques and act like nothing happened? It's going to make the next party awwwwkkkkwarrrd.

Ramona- Is she capable of relaxing? At all? Ever?
Looks like we were all thinking the same thing about ol LuAnn. Hmm, a consensus on CD. Should we be nervous?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,519,205 times
Quote:
I missed that, that's very interesting. Weren't there rumors of possible cheating on her husband in earlier seasons before the divorce? I seem to remember the rumors were of her living quite a "party lifestyle" with drugs and men. I don't put much stock in specific rumors, but there is often a grain of truth that starts it all. I have a feeling she would be much more interesting, and maybe even more likable if she had never adopted the stupid "class and manners" persona.
Yep. The higher the pedestal...

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,774,059 times
VaVaViva is out of control. Reid needs to sack up and tell his wife to chill out. Dictating to people the level of sucking up is completely freakish. There's a major personality disorder there and she thinks she can act this way because she went to law school and to Vassar ... her performance made me miss the Al Sharpton Al Sharpton days of KellyHIEEEEE.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM

461 posts, read 798,411 times
For me, this show is so much fun to watch cuz I don't hate anyone (Jill) and no one makes me uncomfortable (Alex). They're all crazy fun rich ladies!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,207,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
As much as I like Carole, I get the sneaky suspicion that she has a hidden agenda and we have yet to see the REAL Carole and when we do we will be.......NO SHE DIDN"T......... I picked this up when her bf arrived and she was telling him that the women were all crazy.... but she had no problem being associated with them when she signed up for the show. BTW anyone who signs up for a reality show has to be missing a few marbles.
I was thinking about that, I don't know, she just seems so normal, she behaves how one would expect a grown woman to behave. It seems like if there were some secret crazy in her we would have seen it by now. I wonder if the producers thought it might be fun to throw a mentally healthy woman into the mix and see what happens, or give the viewers who happen to act like grown ups in their interactions with other women someone to relate to.

My guess is she went on the show simply to have a platform to promote her upcoming book/TV show, and it was more of a business decision for her, we don't know how many meetings, or discussions of her work were cut out to focus on the drama girls, and their crazy antics. There's a lot of competition in the literary and TV world, I wouldn't blame her for looking for an edge. She certainly doesn't fit with the crazy ladies, but it's been nice to have a voice of reason in the mix.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM

just finished watching the episode, I had missed the last 5-10 minutes. Wow, Aviva is one self involved woman, all that ranting about how "Fric and Frac" need to go apologize to her apparently god-like husband because they did not throw him a welcoming party, and then when the women correctly said she should apologize for the "white trash" comment, she just shrugs it off like she can't be bothered.

One could argue whether Ramona's ideas about Reid ruining the vibe of a girls weekend is right, but right or wrong Ramona is entitled to her opinion. That whole argument was started by Aviva pushing Ramona to admit she was not thrilled with Reid being there, and then attacking those feelings as wrong because Reid is apparently better than a mere mortal, and needs to be worshipped upon arrival. So f'ing what if Ramona didn't want her husband there, just let it go, who cares? Reid wasn't in the room crying about being left out! Aviva's whole rant was extra annoying because it was clear that Reid didn't give a **** what the women thought, he didn't want to be there either. He wasn't looking to be welcomed, or apologized to, he just wanted to go back to his computer. I'm sure he would have been fine staying at a hotel, he probably just figured it wouldn't be necessary since it was such a large place.

Sonja had it right, Aviva is fine when you are fawning all over her and kissing her ass, but if you're not doing that you are treated as some kind of monster. It was interesting when Aviva said something like "when I get angry, I can't ever let it go," and she said it with pride, Carole responded with "that's not a good quality" Aviva looked stunned that someone called her out, she's clearly been spoiled all her life, and expects everything to be her way all the time. I'm sorry that she had that accident when she a child, I wouldn't wish that for anyone, but I work with people who suffer with disabilities that affect their lives to a much greater degree, and they don't want or need everyone to constantly be taking care of them. I read a lot of medical journals and I have never once read that "Reid" is a cure for phobias, exposure therapy, certain medications, maybe some talk therapy, that's what Aviva needs, people need to stop coddling her.

Last edited by detshen; 09-05-2012 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 PM

What was up with Luann smirking during the whole argument, and adding fuel to the fire by saying that Ramona didn't want Reid there? Was that her entertainment for the night, seriously, who wants to watch people you are on vacation with argue?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,815,330 times
Quote:
just finished watching the episode, I had missed the last 5-10 minutes. Wow, Aviva is one self involved woman, all that ranting about how "Fric and Frac" need to go apologize to her apparently god-like husband because they did not throw him a welcoming party, and then when the women correctly said she should apologize for the "white trash" comment, she just shrugs it off like she can't be bothered.

One could argue whether Ramona's ideas about Reid ruining the vibe of a girls weekend is right, but right or wrong Ramona is entitled to her opinion. That whole argument was started by Aviva pushing Ramona to admit she was not thrilled with Reid being there, and then attacking those feelings as wrong because Reid is apparently better than a mere mortal, and needs to be worshipped upon arrival. So f'ing what if Ramona didn't want her husband there, just let it go, who cares? Reid wasn't in the room crying about being left out! Aviva's whole rant was extra annoying because it was clear that Reid didn't give a **** what the women thought, he didn't want to be there either. He wasn't looking to be welcomed, or apologized to, he just wanted to go back to his computer. I'm sure he would have been fine staying at a hotel, he probably just figured it wouldn't be necessary since it was such a large place.

Sonja had it right, Aviva is fine when you are fawning all over her and kissing her ass, but if you're not doing that you are treated as some kind of monster. It was interesting when Aviva said something like "when I get angry, I can't ever let it go," and she said it with pride, Carole responded with "that's not a good quality" Aviva looked stunned that someone called her out, she's clearly been spoiled all her life, and expects everything to be her way all the time. I'm sorry that she had that accident when she a child, I wouldn't wish that for anyone, but I work with people who suffer with disabilities that affect their lives to a much greater degree, and they don't want or need everyone to constantly be taking care of them. I read a lot of medical journals and I have never once read that "Reid" is a cure for phobias, exposure therapy, certain medications, maybe some talk therapy, that's what Aviva needs, people need to stop coddling her.

Bravo to you for such a marvelous post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV