Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 06:56 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

I just want to say THANK YOU to each and every single one of you. I've yet to watch an entire episode of the NYC version of this show (LOVE THE OC ONE!!!). The few minutes of it I have seen I could not bare to sit thru it. Coming on here every week to see what you all have to say about these women CRACKS ME UP! Seriously, I have to keep from laughing out loud reading the comments about these women and their "wonderful lives". GADS, I'd poke myself in the eyeballs if I had to live their life.

Keep up the GREAT WORK as it really is fun to read everyones comments about the show and these chicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 11:47 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
I think the interesting difference between the OC show and the NY show is that the women on the OC talk behind each others backs and seem to constantly try to "one up" each other. At least the New Yorkers tell it like it is to each other..lol...can't wait to see the reunion show......Ramona needs to be.... as my teenager puts it.... "owned"!!

Old 04-19-2008, 04:37 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I can 't wait!!!

'HOUSEWIVES' GO REALLY BATTY - New York Post

You all should read the cobble hill blog! Apparently, AlexSimon have 2 tenants in that townhouse ... and yet it still looks like it does!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I can 't wait!!!

'HOUSEWIVES' GO REALLY BATTY - New York Post

You all should read the cobble hill blog! Apparently, AlexSimon have 2 tenants in that townhouse ... and yet it still looks like it does!!!
lol lol ..Just read the NY post article!! Oooooh it's gonna be GOOD!! I love trainwrecks!!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:51 AM

Duhmona is going to extremely DUH!!! Even looks like Bethandthecity gets her head chopped off verbally for sticking up for her!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 03:44 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,666 times
Why do you all suppose Bethenny got so upset at Jill during her Birthday dinner asking questions about her b-day gifts?

Do you all think that maybe she was really upset because Jason did not get her the one piece of jewlery that she wants and happened to take it out on Jill??? It was just out of left field....Jill was just making dinner conversation and Bethy wanted to poke her eyes out with a skewer. Talk about jarring reactions.......she was acting like Ra"meana" (Ramona's other personna according to Jill)

Old 04-20-2008, 04:06 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Why do you all suppose Bethenny got so upset at Jill during her Birthday dinner asking questions about her b-day gifts?

Do you all think that maybe she was really upset because Jason did not get her the one piece of jewlery that she wants and happened to take it out on Jill??? It was just out of left field....Jill was just making dinner conversation and Bethy wanted to poke her eyes out with a skewer. Talk about jarring reactions.......she was acting like Ra"meana" (Ramona's other personna according to Jill)
I thought she was genuinely annoyed that Jill was obsessing about material things. I'm the same way, I'm not a person who places high value on things and how much they cost. I actually understand her reaction especially since Jill just kept going on and on, and I bet Bethenny started with subtle hints but that was edited out to create a higher level of drama. Jill has also shown a history of talking about how much money she spends on things so it was probably an ongoing annoyance.

Last edited by detshen; 04-20-2008 at 04:15 PM..

Old 04-20-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
I thought she was genuinely annoyed that Jill was obsessing about material things. I'm the same way, I'm not a person who places high value on things and how much they cost. I actually understand her reaction especially since Jill just kept going on and on, and I bet Bethenny started with subtle hints but that was edited out to create a higher level of drama.
Exactly.....my mother has friends that ask me those kinds of "questions" whenever I go home to visit.....sometimes to my mothers horror I give fake answers just to get a reaction.....lol ...my way of getting even for their rudeness... However the skewer in the eyeball is a good idea as well..lol

Old 04-20-2008, 04:36 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,666 times
I can understand that enough is enough when people place a big emphasis on material things........ but when Jill was showing LuAnn Bethenny's jewlery at the 21 Club for their finale dinner, Bethy did not get upset at Jill then. But in Bethy's defense, she does seem to not be as obsessed with possessions as the others. I could see that maybe Jill had just struck a nerve with her after all the grilling.

The whole show is based on wealthy NY women and their lavish lifestyles though.....there is going to be attention brought to material things.

It's also a reality show so who knows what is actually real or edited for heightened drama.....

Looking forward to the reunion show!!!! Get your Countess handbooks out and pour a Skinny Girl's Margarita.......this looks like a good one!

Last edited by emeraldgirl; 04-20-2008 at 05:15 PM..

Old 04-20-2008, 05:22 PM

Regardless of how annoyed Bethandthecity was at Yenta Jill's materialistic tendencies, her reaction was psychotic. She couldn't have just said, "please stop", or put an expletive with it, no ... she had to threaten to blind her with a pointy stick. That's way off kilter. She's scary.

But Em, I think you hit it on the head, or poked it in the eye ... the piece of jewelry she really wanted wasn't on her finger. Can you imagine how much she'd be showing that off? She'd be posing with the thing like a hand model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV