Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 05:31 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,869,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
She'd be posing with the thing like a hand model.
You got that right........hahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 06:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,213,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
I can understand that enough is enough when people place a big emphasis on material things........ but when Jill was showing LuAnn Bethenny's jewlery at the 21 Club for their finale dinner, Bethy did not get upset at Jill then. But in Bethy's defense, she does seem to not be as obsessed with possessions as the others. I could see that maybe Jill had just struck a nerve with her after all the grilling.

The whole show is based on wealthy NY women and their lavish lifestyles though.....there is going to be attention brought to material things.

It's also a reality show so who knows what is actually real or edited for heightened drama.....

Looking forward to the reunion show!!!! Get your Countess handbooks out and pour a Skinny Girl's Margarita.......this looks like a good one!
The whole show has to be taken with a grain of salt, the producers job is to edited to make it as dramatic as possible.

Bethenny is single and supports herself, and doesn't have as much money as the married women so that could be part of her irritation. Does Jill even work or does she just hang around at her husbands company? Jill annoys me, the skewer thing was a joke, albeit a rather intense and inappropriate one, but I can understand it. It also seems like a lot of togetherness was forced on the New York women. I remember in the beginning of the OC show many of the characters didn't even meet until later.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
The whole show has to be taken with a grain of salt, the producers job is to edited to make it as dramatic as possible.

Bethenny is single and supports herself, and doesn't have as much money as the married women so that could be part of her irritation. Does Jill even work or does she just hang around at her husbands company? Jill annoys me, the skewer thing was a joke, albeit a rather intense and inappropriate one, but I can understand it. It also seems like a lot of togetherness was forced on the New York women. I remember in the beginning of the OC show many of the characters didn't even meet until later.
I think Jill assists in the fabric company that her husband owns in some
way....just not sure in what aspect though.

She was out of control when she went with Bethenny to look at the place that Bethenny and Jason were looking at to buy.......the mortgage guy looked really annoyed with how Jill just took over! That outfit she wore was hideous....the hardhat was a nice touch though! hehe!

I think that in the NY Housewives show the friendships seemed too forced to me between the women but the OC girls seemed to have a genuine connection of some sort after the first season. Maybe that is one of the reasons the OC Housewives are more likeable in that respect.....

Old 04-20-2008, 06:53 PM

539 posts, read 2,106,047 times
Default Phony Frienships....

I completely agree with you Emeraldgirl, the relationships seemed forced. Some of the housewives didn't even know each other until a few episodes in. There were times that the housewives made comments like "I know so and so from being in the same social circles but that is all". The friendships from the OC, for the most part, had been formed well before the show and were genuine. I really have to wonder if some of the NYC housewives have any friends that aren't on their payroll.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,800,439 times
Jill does work for Bawbee's company. I'm sure she scouts out new merchandise .. wish I could have a job like that! But still, Bethandthecity's response was awful and maybe Jill's taking over the showing was her passive aggressive way of taking charge away from B, but also she and Bawbee own several properties in NYC, so she knows of what she speaks. I like that the salesguy didn't take over.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
maybe Jill's taking over the showing was her passive aggressive way of taking charge away from B, but also she and Bawbee own several properties in NYC, so she knows of what she speaks. I like that the salesguy didn't take over.
I guess I could see that...........maybe she also did not want Bethenny to be taken advantage of with the process and wanted the guy to know that she knew what she was talking about in regards to real estate.

I wonder if the show will get picked up for another season? If so, I would like to see some other women in addition to some of these ladies to change the dynamic of the relationships a bit!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,800,439 times
I heard they ordered up season 2! Maybe the Countess will get a new group of gals. You can be sure that AlexSimon won't be asked back!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,688,633 times
oh...noooo....ALEXSIMON have got to come back.....I love to watch them make asses out of themselves. They WANT so BADLY to be known as wealthy.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Alex and Simon brought a certain element to the group I have to admit......they are faux wealthy New Yorkers so I don't really know how they got picked in the first place! At least the others had something to bring to the table besides spending thousands at a French island Boutique. If I wanted to watch a show about how the "other half live" that is one couple that pretends to be but I guess that makes for drama? Just a bit baffled how they ended up on the show.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,641,679 times
OK, I have been home ill for some time (Bronchitis) so I spent the day channel fllipping. I knew if I logged on, you ladies wouldnt let me down with your comments on the show. Oh MY- what jaw dropping shallow women they are. . Domergirl, your links are fabulous dahling!! Love the comments after the article with nekid alex. Am I the only one who thinks sugarshoes Simon resembles a neandrethal? Their Brooklyn ''mansion''-Crack house indeed !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV