Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 09:22 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,210,846 times

Advertisements

I don't care if Michael V. got a Michelin award he needs an attitude adjustment the big baby.

I didn't see any gloves on Jen with her being sick I thought she would have them on. Grossed out when she pulled Tyler over for a kiss too but now that I see her age I understand it better.

Mike I. has got to go he has been on my nerve for awhile. Did you hear him talking to Tom saying "I" the whole time like Robin wasn't even there doing anything? Maybe she does get on folk's nerves but how could he act like he was the only one cooking when he said he didn't know any of these flavors but she did?

I told ya all awhile back Ash was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league he admitted it while giving glory to Michael V.

I wish Kevin would trim is beard shorter though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Last night on Iron Chef Richard Blais, runner up a couple of seasons ago, was challeging Mario. Richard's sous chef was Eli from this season! Mario won the battle.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,129,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I don't care if Michael V. got a Michelin award he needs an attitude adjustment the big baby.

I didn't see any gloves on Jen with her being sick I thought she would have them on. Grossed out when she pulled Tyler over for a kiss too but now that I see her age I understand it better.

Mike I. has got to go he has been on my nerve for awhile. Did you hear him talking to Tom saying "I" the whole time like Robin wasn't even there doing anything? Maybe she does get on folk's nerves but how could he act like he was the only one cooking when he said he didn't know any of these flavors but she did?

I told ya all awhile back Ash was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league he admitted it while giving glory to Michael V.

I wish Kevin would trim is beard shorter though.
Jenn had gloves on at one point. Maybe the quickfire?

I was surprised at Bryan's attitude too and it looks like it continues into the next episode. I also didn't get the feeling that Kevin meant any harm. Of course, I heart Kevin so I would think that. LOL

I'm with Macies on the scar too. What host wears long sleeves?

I want Eli to go home soooooo bad.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 PM

263 posts, read 868,453 times
You know I think part of Bryan's attitude may be he's a bit jealous of Kevin. Bryan and Michael are both very intense. I think in the stew room Bryan realized that he and his brother are vulnerable. Although unlikely it's possible one of them could go home. Also Kevin has done well recently. He won the Quick Fire's $15,000 prize and in a previous episode he won an Elimination Challenge for his deconstruction of mole negro. Yeah, the prize for the latter win was a set of nonstick pans but still..it's a win, right?

I'm not talking about Padma's appearance just on the show. In magazine articles, interviews, and other appearances I've seen with her, it seems like she wants to show off her scar. I guess it's her way of showing she's not embarassed by it. It's probably her way of making other people who do have visible scars realize they don't have to hide it.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post

I was surprised at Bryan's attitude too and it looks like it continues into the next episode. I also didn't get the feeling that Kevin meant any harm. Of course, I heart Kevin so I would think that. LOL
I was talking about Michael's attitude in the condo going off to pout his fish was over cooked then Bryan went to him. I don't blame Bryan for being a little defensive of his brother in the storage room. I bet they disect each other's plates this time it just hit a nerve because it was Bryan's brother. Michael always has a somber face he won the Michelin award but I think at this point Bryan, the older one, is a better chef.

Now that you mentioned it I do think Jenn had on gloves during the QF~~thanks. That is another one that needs to loosen up just a bit I get where she is coming from with her work ethic though.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:43 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,718,904 times
It didn't bother me that Jen was sick - she wasn't coughing and sneezing all over the food, nor was she rubbing her nose and then continuing to cook.

I HATE HATE HATE it when they show people sweating while doing the challenges. EWWW. Throw on a headband for goodness sakes.

I wish Kevin would shave his beard or wear a beard hat. I'm surprised no one has found beard hair in their food yet.

I figured the brother who jumped all over Kevin was just getting his brother's back - like "I can talk about him, but no one else better" type of thing.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM

691 posts, read 2,331,032 times
Actually watching this show really grosses me out, on eating at fancy resturants.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post

I'm with Macies on the scar too. What host wears long sleeves?

I want Eli to go home soooooo bad.
When the show first started I was rooting for Bryan but I really like the stuff Kevin has been cooking (meaning it's interesting and I'd actually eat it) and I like his personality. I think he'd make a great Top Chef. The cranky woman who was sick and said she drinks too much on a previous episode (can't remember her name) also appears to be a pretty good chef.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,129,232 times
I think Jenn is really focused, but lacks confidence. Her food is obviously really good, but she's always terrified that she's going home.

LOL at beard hat! Is there really a beard hat? I have to agree that sweat grosses me out. I had a professor that would stand over us and sweat on our papers in college. Skeeeeevy!!! Shiver!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM

Yes there is a beard hat but I still wish Kevin would trim his up closer to his face.

Watching the top moments of Iron Chef last night this one chef took his chopping knife across his forehead to wipe the sweat off! Yuck. Then he wiped the knife on a towel went back to chopping the food with the same knife. That was gross I tell ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV