Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,609,747 times

Advertisements

Ok enough with the sweat stories - totally foul! Not stopping me from getting a snack, mind you..but disturbing nonetheless LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,127,900 times
Ewwwwwww, Jax! That is really gross!

Maybe it was a phase for him. In this pic Woodfire Grill Atlanta - Local, Organic and Sustainable Cuisine it's much shorter. Next time I'm in Atlanta for a girl's weekend, we are going to try his restaurant.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ok enough with the sweat stories - totally foul! Not stopping me from getting a snack, mind you..but disturbing nonetheless LOL
Just a tip, toosie, don't watch Chopped!! They swe..um, you know, all over the place.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,490,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post

Maybe it was a phase for him. In this pic Woodfire Grill Atlanta - Local, Organic and Sustainable Cuisine it's much shorter. Next time I'm in Atlanta for a girl's weekend, we are going to try his restaurant.
I'm jealous - I have a huge Kevin-crush.....

Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm jealous - I have a huge Kevin-crush.....
If we see him, I'll take a pic for you!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:03 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,866,777 times
Quote:

Yeah, I am definitely jealous!! You better take some pics!! I saw the menu and it looks delicious and the wine/drink menu looks amazing as well!! I want to try the Cantaloupe Verbena cocktail, yummy!! Can't wait to see how it was!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,207,308 times
Quote:

I know huh? I was getting clothes out of the dryer so the TV was just on wish I remembered his name.

On Chopped they put their hands through their hair a lot also that is sickening as well. I think all restaurants should have glass so customers can see the cooking going on.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,717,485 times
Quote:
LOL at beard hat! Is there really a beard hat?
http://hightechconversionsinc.thomasnet.com/viewitems/products/polyproplyene-beard-cover?&plpver=10&bc=1001|1588|1547&forward=1 (broken link)

Old 10-12-2009, 09:05 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,688,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Watching the top moments of Iron Chef last night this one chef took his chopping knife across his forehead to wipe the sweat off! Yuck. Then he wiped the knife on a towel went back to chopping the food with the same knife. That was gross I tell ya.
i just watched the first episode of next iron chef and i swear amanda freitag took a swig of one of the beers they gave her and then later poured the rest into her food. i could be wrong though - she may have set that one aside.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,688,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I didn't see any gloves on Jen with her being sick I thought she would have them on. Grossed out when she pulled Tyler over for a kiss too but now that I see her age I understand it better.
clean hands are as good as gloves. better even - a lot of people, especially in food service, put on gloves and keep them on all day. yuck! i'd rather see no gloves and frequent hand washing.

i say that as someone who's spent the last 3 years supervising nurses as part of my job!

anyway, the way she was correlating sickness and mood, i'm guessing she was in fact hung over as someone else posited and not really *sick* sick. in any case, as long as she kept her hands clean and wasn't sneezing into the food or touching her mouth or nose and then touching food, she'd be fine.

i was worried for some reason that they'd kick off mike v, i thought they were a bit unfair to him - yeah, if you were cooking in a restaurant or catering in someone's home there'd be no excuses, but you'd never have such artificially restricted conditions as you have on top chef. you'd have enough food to ditch the overcooked fish and start over, for example. plus, his team was competing at a severe disadvantage to the other team and i think they deserved a little slack because of that.

Last edited by groar; 10-12-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV