Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2023, 05:52 PM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

Just saw Kandahar.

It started out great and tense but just seemed to become a confusing mess by the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2023, 10:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
"The Horror Of Delores Roach", uncomfortably enjoyable. I especially enjoyed how the actor Alejandro Hernandez played his kind of crazy magnificently. Great all around cast. Some very cringe worthy moments for sure though.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:33 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
The Practice just moved over from Hulu as I was halfway trough the second season. Hulu also let go of Hill Street Blues but Amazon looks like that old syndication package and the last 3 seasons are missing.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:19 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,752,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Violent but a good story with some good acting and a good script. When I watched it, there was only season one included and season two was pay extra to see it. I'll have to sneak a peak and see if season two is now included with prime.
I'm still hanging in there with "The Gangs of London". Season 2 has ratcheted up the extreme violence so much now that is almost cartoonish.

I'm no prude about the portrayal of violence, but this level has been a distraction and has taken away from the writing and acting performances....which are good.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:41 AM

12,052 posts, read 8,436,379 times
After waiting a while to see "The Joker" free I started and found myself headed straight to a gloomy spot. I'll set it aside for later.

Watched "The King of New York" at the recommendation of my son. Didn't sound like my kind of film but he made a good call. Surprisingly emotional look into a world that's foreign to me.

Old 10-14-2023, 09:35 AM

2,980 posts, read 1,651,961 times
Just finished the 2016 BBC eight episode production of War & Peace. Excellent in every way.
Without sounding cliche War & Peace is my favorite novel, watched several screen adaptations, this is the best. Hair, makeup, costumes, uniforms, sets, carriages and wagons, snowy landscapes, Moscow streets and St. Petersburg ballrooms, can't find a thing to criticize.

It's not just the epic plot and unforgettable characters that make this a great story, above all it's Tolstoy's writing, his gentle non judgemental uncritical telling of the foolishness and follies of mere mortals. It's hard to capture that in film.

The casting is almost perfect, as is the acting. Paul Dano simply is Pierre, never seen the character portrayed so on point, and he looks exactly like Pierre.

James Norton as Prince Andre is also just right, handsome aloof dignified and noble, a Mr. Darcy kind of man.

As much as I like Lily James as an actress, I didn't see her as Natasha, her look is too modern and not classic enough but she gave a sensitive portrayal of the character.

Everyone else looks exactly as they should, Count and Countess Rostov, Sonia (Aisling Loftus, where have I seen her before?), Helene (Tuppence Middleton, Lucy in Downton Abbey movies), Nickolai Rostov, Maria Bolkonski, Andre's sister. The gangster from Corsica is also good, crazy ambition gleaming from his eyes in every scene.

When the BBC does it right, it's done right.

Will definitely watch this again.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:01 AM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Renfield. A movie. Dracula's familiar, Renfield, decides he doesn't want the job anymore.

Nicolas Cage does an excellent interpretation of Dracula. The story is entertaining and the acting is good. I think it is supposed to be comedy. I didn't do a lot of laughing, but I was amused and enjoyed watching it.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:05 AM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Miss Marple. As far as I am concerned the very best of British mystery shows. I thought I had seen them all on PBS, but apparently not. I am seeing some new ones, but also very happy to watch reruns.

Amazon has it listed as Agatha Christie's Marple.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:06 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,250,653 times
Lost in Space, the original. Season 1 is actually decent sci-fi, for network TV in 1965. I did see the show in 5th grade, but Ive lost a few dozen brain cells since the 60s.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Just watched first episode Season 2 of Annika. I actually enjoyed it...the writing seemed better...a few laugh out loud moments...hoping this is a sign of storylines to come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV