Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,425,724 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Low-Rated 'Jericho' Axed by CBS

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Jericho," the post-apocalyptic CBS drama whose devoted fans rallied to save it from cancellation, has met its end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 07:35 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,400 times
its about time..........

Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
I missed the last episode..oh well. No loss.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,682 times
My family watched it last night. Personally I think their finale stunk. Nothing was resolved, they definately left room for at least one more season. I hope some other network picks it up. It was nice to be able to watch something that wasn't a medical or police drama or reality crap. My boys who are in 5th and 6th grade enjoyed watching this with us. I am just tired of every show I enjoy being cancelled.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:20 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
My family watched it last night. Personally I think their finale stunk. Nothing was resolved, they definately left room for at least one more season. I hope some other network picks it up. It was nice to be able to watch something that wasn't a medical or police drama or reality crap. My boys who are in 5th and 6th grade enjoyed watching this with us. I am just tired of every show I enjoy being cancelled.

We'll catch it on demand.
The show going to 10 killed it for us, as with other people from what I've read. I made a post last week when I read it was looking like it was cancelled. I found a few links where people hated the new time and the missing cast. It has not been as good this year as last but hopefully someone will pick it up. It's one of the most downloaded shows online.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,187,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We'll catch it on demand.
The show going to 10 killed it for us, as with other people from what I've read... It's one of the most downloaded shows online...
Same here. Because of our stupid reliance on everyone getting into their suv to go to work, one has to get up at 5:00AM or sooner because of traffic. I wonder about the old habit of 11:00PM local news - might as well be on in the middle of the night.

Quote:
... It was nice to be able to watch something that wasn't a medical or police drama or reality crap. My boys who are in 5th and 6th grade enjoyed watching this with us. I am just tired of every show I enjoy being cancelled.
Ditto...

Old 03-27-2008, 06:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,995,797 times
Default The second American Civil War begins.

I'll miss it. One of the very few network shows I watched.

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that talks are ongoing to find the show another home, perhaps on a cable network.

Jericho Seeks A New Home - http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=50950 (broken link)

Watch episodes here - http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

Image:ASA-USA Jericho Map.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mm34b; 03-27-2008 at 06:34 PM..

Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,298 times
this show would fit well on sci fi or usa network. we still have two episodes to watch. we have them recorded on our dvr. I think that is part of the problem. they just don't give shows any credit for the viewer who must record it to view later, or the internet viewer!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Nothing was resolved

I wouldnt say that. I think they did a good job resolving most of it. We got let in on who did it, Beck let everyone go and "saw the light", the bomb got to Texas, and a few other things. The only thing that didnt get resolved was the outcome of the civil war but that was a new issue brought up in the last episode.

I think they actually ruined the show continuing by how much they revealed in the final few episodes. The show would no longer be "Jericho" or atleast it wouldnt be about Jericho. It would be about the second civil war and would have an entirely new plot with mostly new characters.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:58 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I wouldnt say that. I think they did a good job resolving most of it. We got let in on who did it, Beck let everyone go and "saw the light", the bomb got to Texas, and a few other things. The only thing that didnt get resolved was the outcome of the civil war but that was a new issue brought up in the last episode.

I think they actually ruined the show continuing by how much they revealed in the final few episodes. The show would no longer be "Jericho" or atleast it wouldnt be about Jericho. It would be about the second civil war and would have an entirely new plot with mostly new characters.
I agree about the new plot, but it wouldn't necessarily have to have a new cast. I can't see Jake, Hawkins, Beck, and others sitting out while the country fights a civil war. They would most definitely be right in the mix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV