Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 06:21 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,980 times

Advertisements

First of all, count me in!

I have a feeling this is one of those things where Bryan Fuller is only kidding if ABC isnt interested.

Quote:
Having exited his fair share of shows over the years, Bryan Fuller today has a suggestion for ABC to replace the now-canceled Roseanne on its fall schedule.

The former American Gods co-showrunner took to social media on Tuesday to advocate — tongue partially in cheek — for the return of Pushing Daisies, the dramedy starring Lee Pace, Ana Friel and Kristin Chenoweth that aired on Disney-owned network aired from 2007-09.

In this era of revivals and reboots, Pushing Daisies has been off the air almost long enough to be in consideration for another kick at the Big 4 can. Created by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator Fuller, the multiple Emmy winner was plucked off the air by ABC in December 2008 with its final trio of episodes broadcast late the following spring.
Bryan Fuller Pitches ‘Pushing Daisies’ To Replace ‘Roseanne’ On ABC | Deadline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 10:29 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
I loved that show. I am a big fan of Bryan Fuller's work. He is responsible for some of my favorite TV shows over the past 15 years. But I get the impression he is rather hard to work with.

DEAD LIKE ME. Fuller left over "creative differences."
HEROES. Fuller left over "creative differences."
AMERICAN GODS. Fuller left over "creative differences."
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY. Fuller left over "creative differences."
THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES. Fuller left over "creative differences."
AMAZING STORIES reboot. Fuller left over "creative differences."

It's actually a running joke online now. Every time a new TV show is announced, someone will post, "And Bryan Fuller has already left over creative differences."

It's too bad. The guy is super talented and has a fantastic imagination. But reading his resume I often remember my dad's advice, "If you met ten people today, and you thought every one of them was an *******, it's time to ask yourself if maybe you're the *******."

Old 05-30-2018, 11:30 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,834,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I loved that show. I am a big fan of Bryan Fuller's work. He is responsible for some of my favorite TV shows over the past 15 years. But I get the impression he is rather hard to work with.

It's actually a running joke online now. Every time a new TV show is announced, someone will post, "And Bryan Fuller has already left over creative differences."

It's too bad. The guy is super talented and has a fantastic imagination. But reading his resume I often remember my dad's advice, "If you met ten people today, and you thought every one of them was an *******, it's time to ask yourself if maybe you're the *******."
In principle, I agree totally with you.
BUT, if you consider the average level of creativity that floats around Hollywood, someone who actually has two new ideas in a row will not only stand out, but probably be considered by all the others as an extreme non-conformist.

Oh, and I'd love to see Daisies, Dead, or any of the other 'different' shows given another chance.
How about Better Off Ted (2009), or The Middleman (2008) or more recently The Brink (2015) ??

Old 05-30-2018, 12:20 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,980 times
Quote:

The only one I know any background on is "Dead Like Me". I read everything I possibly could at the time that show was on. Well as much as one could on the internet in 2003. There was a huge pissing contest between Fuller, Greenblatt (head of Showtime at the time who by the way hated the show and had a different direction he wanted Showtime to go), and MGM. Fuller had a vision for the show and MGM and Showtime had something else in mind.

We see a lot of "we love your idea but do it this way" from networks and I guess in most cases the creators acquiesce to get their shows made. Fuller seems to want to bail out if he cant make something the way he envisions. It's a good thing he is as talented as he is because most producers wouldnt keep getting work.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:31 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,116,362 times
I loved the show pushing daisies when it was on the air and found it funny , very funny . I also liked dead like me too . My sister never got the dead like me thing I thought it was awesome .

Old 05-30-2018, 03:16 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,768,343 times
Loved Pushing Daisies. I was ready to stop watching ABC after it's cancellation but then shows like Revenge and Nashville came on and I was drawn back. I liked Dead Like Me, but I wondered just how far it could have gone when all they were doing was taking souls and leading them to their respective afterlives.

I would love to see it return but the question is how? The final episode had a degree of finality to it

Old 05-30-2018, 05:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,530,260 times
I LOVED Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me!!! They were a bit a head if their time, more suited for todays niche streaming markets

Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,834,342 times
I have to ask: What would happen if one of the Dead Like Me reapers tried to 'reap' someone who had just been touched by the guy from Pushing Daisies?

Old 05-31-2018, 06:22 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I have to ask: What would happen if one of the Dead Like Me reapers tried to 'reap' someone who had just been touched by the guy from Pushing Daisies?
Jaye from WONDERFALLS would have to step in to save the situation.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:06 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,245,048 times
Dead Like Me was one of the best shows ever. One of the few I even bought the DVDs. And he's had his fingers in several other amazing shows. I'd watch whatever he comes up with next. Although he would probably have creative differences again (tip o' the hat to MarkS).

Quote:
One of the best lines ever on Justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV