Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 05:24 PM

8,075 posts, read 8,386,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But the OP is able to get ESPN3 on his computer by signing in. So if he is able to get it by signing in on his computer, he should be able to get it on his Roku as well.
Not if he's being automatically "authenticated" as a Comcast cable customer with ESPN/2 in his cable tier. "ESPN3", of course, is not a channel, and thus not on cable, but rather what was WatchESPN streaming content, minus ESPN+ content, for which a separate subscription is now required.

Quote:
Frequently asked questions about activating ESPN on Roku

FAQ #1: My TV provider is not listed, so how do I activate ESPN? - Sorry, but you cannot activate ESPN if you do not subscribe to a pay TV provider that allows their customers access.
FAQ #2: Will I be charged for ESPN when I activate it? - No, ESPN is free to those who already receive ESPN networks through participating TV providers.
FAQ #3: I don't subscribe to any pay TV services; can I purchase an ESPN subscription? - No, ESPN is not currently available as a paid subscription. It is only available to those who pay for ESPN networks through a participating TV provider. However, you can subscribe to ESPN+, but it does not offer the same content as you get when you authenticate through a pay TV provider.
FAQ #4: Can I activate ESPN if I subscribe to a participating TV service provider, but my subscription does not include any ESPN networks? - Your TV subscription must include ESPN in order to activate live TV on ESPN.
FAQ #5: Sling TV is listed as a pay TV service that allows authentication. Why can't I activate ESPN if I subscribe to the Sling Blue service? - Sorry, but ESPN is available only to those Sling TV subscribers who have the Sling Orange service, which includes ESPN. Sling Blue carries FOX Sports instead of ESPN.
FAQ #6: Will I be charged for ESPN+ if I install the ESPN channel on my Roku? - No, installing and launching the channel does not result in any charges. You will charged for ESPN+ only if you subscribe, which you can do by selecting any video with the E+ icon in the corner of the thumbnail. And if you do subscribe, you have a 7-day free trial; cancel before the end of the trial to avoid any charges.
https://www.rokuguide.com/articles/h...e-espn-on-roku

Last edited by CrazyDonkey; 11-12-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 07:48 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,044,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Not if he's being automatically "authenticated" as a Comcast cable customer with ESPN/2 in his cable tier. "ESPN3", of course, is not a channel, and thus not on cable, but rather what was WatchESPN streaming content, minus ESPN+ content, for which a separate subscription is now required.

https://www.rokuguide.com/articles/h...e-espn-on-roku
Well the OP was able to get ESPN3 on his Roku, so problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV