Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 06:34 AM

20,646 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz713 View Post
Makes sense.

I stopped watching Mom when there were no more 'moms' in the show. How DID they lose the kids, by the way?

Kristy's daughter Violet grew up and went on her own. Her son lives with his father & his new wife. Violet gave up her baby for adoption to nice stable parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 04:08 PM

609 posts, read 529,434 times
Quote:
Makes sense.

I stopped watching Mom when there were no more 'moms' in the show. How DID they lose the kids, by the way?

I stopped watching Roseanne when Dan died, and don't regret a minute of not watching. Ditto on Mom.

Ditto on no longer watching Two and a Half Men, which was quite good until the 1/2 kid grew up to be a bad actor. It's still good in reruns, until Alan became a stud.

On the show after Charlie's death? I was curious until I realized that Ashton is as bad an actor as the grown kid, and I was paying more attention to Cryer's head getting darker and darker thank I was to the so called comedy. Apparently he gave up on dying his skull black, and is now shaving his head.

No matter, Lorre milked that show for all it was worth long after it was unfunny, just as he did Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly and Dharma & Greg. More power to him.
So does that mean you just stopped watching this year? Bonnie is Christy’s Mom after all. I’m pretty sure that’s why the show is called Mom.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:48 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
The first sans-Christy episode was kind of shaky, but it's picked up since then. Underrated star is Adam, his dry wit is absolutely hilarious. About Bonnie's hair, Allison Janney has said it's a wig. But it had bangs before and really looked natural. This season's lighter version looks wiggish.
William Fichtner (Adam) is pretty much worth watching in whatever show he's in - that man is some serious yum!

Old 11-23-2020, 03:42 PM

9,877 posts, read 7,207,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
William Fichtner (Adam) is pretty much worth watching in whatever show he's in - that man is some serious yum!
I recall him first on Crossing Lines, the German-French-Italian-American TV series. He was excellent in that. He was horrid in the second iteration of Top Gear USA.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:43 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I like the show better without the kids; they added nothing to the show. I didn't like Tammy's character at first but I'm enjoying her now. Jill is my least favorite now that Christy is gone.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:25 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,405,904 times
I watch reruns of Mom on CMT so I haven’t seen the show without Christy yet.

I don’t think I’ll miss her. She was funny, but she annoyed me for some reason. I watched primarily for Bonnie and later, Adam, but I enjoy the supporting ladies as well.

I like Tammy. I think she’s hilarious. I wish they would give Wendy more storylines. All we know about her after 7 years is that she’s a nurse.

Old 11-24-2020, 04:37 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I had watched The Help the other night for a lack of anything good on. Seen it years ago but never connected Allison Janney and Viola Davis, who played Regina on Mom, were both in The Help
Regina's character is played by Octavia Spencer. Both Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis were on The Help. Oh yeah, and Allison Janey.

Old 11-24-2020, 04:40 PM

By the way, I didn't know the new season started. I'll check my DVR.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:45 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
No. The writing became inferior after the kids were kicked out, and I left. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

They should have called it Mom and Daughter if they didn't want to give Christy kids.

Lorre is good on raking in the dough after the original premise goes into the toilet. Witness 2-1/2 men.
Could not disagree more. I was soooo glad to see the kids gone, especially Violet, couldn't stand her and would get bummed out whenever she was in the show's plot. First of all, she looked older than Kristy so it was hard to look at her as a teenager. And she was miserable and mean, and not in a funny way. From what I've read, most people don't miss the kids at all.

I wish we could still have Chef Rudy and the kitchen scenes, though! And the Mexican guy who never spoke. And I liked Baxter! But he's now in Bob Hearts Abishola. And Jill's boyfriend is the star of a new show too.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:30 PM

Okay, watched all 3 new episides. I think it will be fine without Kristie but I'll still miss her.

I don't miss the kids, especially the daughter. And I think Tamny is great. She is so full of life. Poor Wendy, we don't know much about her.

If that washed up rock star will be permanent, that would be fantastic...he's goanna be funny. I like this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV