Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 07:01 AM

50,507 posts, read 64,433,868 times

Advertisements

My new show to hate is Renovation, Inc. The one from Canada with Bryan and Sarah Baumler. The prices are unrelatable, and it seems there is no budget. Like the home remodel with a $450k budget, but of course, they had to go over that...who could possibly get by on $450k? I did like their show about renovating an old resort in the Caribbean.

I feel kind of the same way with the Chicago show with Allison Victoria. She buys old architectural elements and then paints everything black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 07:44 AM

4,772 posts, read 4,480,096 times
What really irks me as being soooooo unrealistic is that the cost for labor is generally a non factor. That is so not reality.
Also how they can frequently find a deal just so happens.
I used to love those decorating shows where they suddenly found various pieces of furniture in the basement or attic and they were absolutely perfect!
Somehow I don't have that luck.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:57 AM

18,519 posts, read 31,785,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I guess we are living in totally different worlds. The refrigerator we are looking at is $9500 alone.

In my world, a fridge that is 9500.00 is insanity.
I cannot imagine what this fridge can do to warrant that price? that Amana, GE, etc can't do.
What does Sub-Zero do better than others? seriouly, what does it really do better than a regular brand fridge.
Ive had Amana for over a decade, and it works and does everything it is supposed to do, and did not cost 9500.00

If it keeps the milk cold, then it did its job.
9500.00 for a fridge is insanity at its peak, well, I think it is.'

Old 12-31-2020, 08:16 PM

8,101 posts, read 4,777,261 times
Quote:
My new show to hate is Renovation, Inc. The one from Canada with Bryan and Sarah Baumler. The prices are unrelatable, and it seems there is no budget.
I confess I adore Bryan, but his wife absolutely grates on my nerves. I recalled watching a show of his many years ago (Bryan Will Do It or something like that) but only remembered how self-deprecating and nice he was. Why would I have quit watching it? It wasn't until about five minutes into the first episode of Renovation Island that all my memories of Sarah's abrasive attitude came flooding back and I realized why I quit watching his shows. I pray that their constant battles are just "made for TV" and that she is not really like that all the time.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:09 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,588,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My new show to hate is Renovation, Inc. The one from Canada with Bryan and Sarah Baumler. The prices are unrelatable, and it seems there is no budget. Like the home remodel with a $450k budget, but of course, they had to go over that...who could possibly get by on $450k? I did like their show about renovating an old resort in the Caribbean.

I feel kind of the same way with the Chicago show with Allison Victoria. She buys old architectural elements and then paints everything black.
Oh my gosh, I can't stand them, worse show ever. Not very fond of Allison either, she was a total drama witch in several shows.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:16 PM

10,266 posts, read 1,056,637 times
Allison and her partner were sued by homebuyers for substandard work.
She found out her partner was ripping off their company.

I liked her. But she got carried away sometimes with antiques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV