Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 06:49 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,005 times

Advertisements

Chrissy or Janet?

Janet for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 06:53 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
...and T&A, don't forget the T&A.
Later Suzanne Somers who played Chrissy stated she didn't realize how her boobs looked when she jumped up and down. Yeah, right.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:12 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's the episode where Jack had spent all week perfecting a mousse pie, and when it was finally done Chrissy ate it, not realizing it was for an important contest.

So the girls have to keep Jack occupied from entering the kitchen while they replace it with a bakery pie. They take the new one out of the BOX it was in and put it in the refrigerator where the first one is in. No container. No plate.

So Jack takes the pie out and carries it away. He's all dressed up in a tie and carrying a pie in his hand. No explanation of whether he takes a car, a bus, walks, or whatever. With a pie in his hand.

But the point is, he's carrying a pie... in his hand. Shouldn't there have been a container of some kind?
How odd, given that sitcoms are known for their rigorous adherence to logic in all details...

Old 01-03-2021, 11:43 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Chrissy or Janet?

Janet for me.
Same here.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:06 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
How odd, given that sitcoms are known for their rigorous adherence to logic in all details...
Wow, what's next, someone going to ask why Mr. Ed only spoke English?

Old 01-03-2021, 12:39 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Every so often I wonder if "Three's Company" is a show that couldn't really be rebooted. The entire premise of Jack living with the women was the landlords believing he was gay, because they were worried about the possibility of immoral behavior between Jack and the women.

But nowadays, it's likely the landlords wouldn't care, so long as they didn't break any laws and paid their rent on time. Not to mention that the landlords could possibly get sued if they didn't allow that living arrangement (unless they lived in a city that had laws against more than two unrelated people living in a dwelling together.)
My favorite scene of the pie episode was after it was discovered that Chrissy ate some of Jack's pie, she had to eat ALL of it to hide the evidence. Her facial expression while scarfing it down...LOL.

DH and I just watched some of the Season 2 episodes (the funniest IMO), and the way they poked fun at the premise of Jack's "gayness" was WAY over the top (i.e., Mr. Roper's limp wristed "tinkling" gesture). Remember when Mr. Roper woke up horrified to find himself in bed with Jack after the drunken party?

No way would they get away with that now.

BTW, back to the "Chrissy or Janet" question. DH says "Janet" (although I'm blonde). My late dad would agree with DH...he really loved Three's Company and (to quote him), "that little brunette...she's CUTE!"

Old 01-03-2021, 12:52 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's the episode where Jack had spent all week perfecting a mousse pie, and when it was finally done Chrissy ate it, not realizing it was for an important contest.

So the girls have to keep Jack occupied from entering the kitchen while they replace it with a bakery pie. They take the new one out of the BOX it was in and put it in the refrigerator where the first one is in. No container. No plate.

So Jack takes the pie out and carries it away. He's all dressed up in a tie and carrying a pie in his hand. No explanation of whether he takes a car, a bus, walks, or whatever. With a pie in his hand.

But the point is, he's carrying a pie... in his hand. Shouldn't there have been a container of some kind?
Not if the writers and director wanted to have a series of gags later, involving mishaps with the pie.

You're not engaging your suspension of disbelief, as is necessary sometimes for TV and film, and occasionally in literature.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Wow, what's next, someone going to ask why Mr. Ed only spoke English?
I think he spoke Spanish, too, but only south of the border and in South America.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:24 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
you really have to suspend logic when watching some of those shows and just enjoy the fun situations they are in. Like Gilligans island always having particular items in order to make the story line. That pie without a container, no they didn't have to use hand sanitizer back then. TV was just fun and an escape into goofiness sometimes.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My favorite scene of the pie episode was after it was discovered that Chrissy ate some of Jack's pie, she had to eat ALL of it to hide the evidence. Her facial expression while scarfing it down...LOL.

DH and I just watched some of the Season 2 episodes (the funniest IMO), and the way they poked fun at the premise of Jack's "gayness" was WAY over the top (i.e., Mr. Roper's limp wristed "tinkling" gesture). Remember when Mr. Roper woke up horrified to find himself in bed with Jack after the drunken party?

No way would they get away with that now.

BTW, back to the "Chrissy or Janet" question. DH says "Janet" (although I'm blonde). My late dad would agree with DH...he really loved Three's Company and (to quote him), "that little brunette...she's CUTE!"
Yeah, we're regressing as a society as far as what can be done on TV. A demographic isn't really 'equal' until they can have fun poked at them without whining, imo. Of course, there's a fine line between fun and hate.
Some people need to lighten up.

Last edited by Hedonism; 01-03-2021 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV