Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 02:05 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,169,545 times

Advertisements

New Ted Danson show premieres tonight with 2 half hour shows back to back.

Has he ever been in anything that truly sucked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 03:28 PM

1,161 posts, read 437,676 times
TBH I never really got into Becker, but that show was on for a long time, so clearly I was in the minority there.
But I agree, Cheers, The Good Place, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and TBH I think Mr Mayor looks like it has really good potential.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:14 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,389,174 times
It was okay although I found it odd a man of his age had a teenage daughter.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:43 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,702,041 times
We like him so we watched. I thought the pilot was pretty bad, but the second one had some potential.

I commented to my wife that it seemed odd that NBC thought this was the right time for a comedy in which a stupid, unqualified rich guy unexpectedly becomes the head of government.

I'm also not a Holly Hunter fan, and she makes that character pretty annoying.

Bottom line: we'll probably keep watching for a while, but I'm not sure we're going to stick with it.

Interesting footnote: I didn't realize who he was until years later, but the first thing I ever saw him in was Body Heat. He was good in that, too. If you haven't seen it you should watch it, although not necessarily for him.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:14 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,264,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
We like him so we watched. I thought the pilot was pretty bad, but the second one had some potential.

I commented to my wife that it seemed odd that NBC thought this was the right time for a comedy in which a stupid, unqualified rich guy unexpectedly becomes the head of government.

Bottom line: we'll probably keep watching for a while, but I'm not sure we're going to stick with it.

Interesting footnote: I didn't realize who he was until years later, but the first thing I ever saw him in was Body Heat. He was good in that, too. If you haven't seen it you should watch it, although not necessarily for him.
I liked it. Not perfect, but no sitcom starts out great. They always take time to gel, for the writers & actors to get a feel for the characters. But liked what I saw so far.

I had no idea Ted Danson was in Body Heat. I guess I'm always distracted when I watch it .

Old 01-08-2021, 01:16 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,272,978 times
For a half-hour comedy it was ok. Let's hope it doesn't fall into the overly PC hole that many do after a few shows.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:22 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,947,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

I didn't remember him in Body Heat either. I just looked him up and see he was in The Onion Field 1979.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 20 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,324,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It was okay although I found it odd a man of his age had a teenage daughter.
Trump is older and his son is around 13 , I think.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-08-2021, 10:55 PM

11,664 posts, read 12,773,483 times
It sort of reminded me of Spin City. I liked the idea of the rapid fire dialog. That seemed to work. It looks promising, so far for a sitcom.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:44 AM

3,771 posts, read 2,602,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
It sort of reminded me of Spin City. I liked the idea of the rapid fire dialog..
Agreed.. it seemed to take the template of 'Benson' and 'Spin City'.
And Danson kinda resembles Barry Bostwick now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV