Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 09:24 AM

6,423 posts, read 7,710,432 times

Advertisements

You were taken for a fool!
It turns out the entire thing was just an infomercial for their joint business adventures while attacking the white family. By the way, their charity is being audited in the UK so think before you buy or donate. And they made a big deal about not being paid for the interview but it was just an offy scam.

Last edited by Heidi60; 03-09-2021 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-09-2021, 09:31 AM

5,045 posts, read 3,363,555 times
Lady Colin Campbell author of several books on Diana ...I came upon her youtube channel today....they are very interesting to hear............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgrDFygFBIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMTj4smm6Gg

Old 03-09-2021, 09:49 AM

18,607 posts, read 18,895,058 times
Shouldnt these two shut up and get their silly heads together and introduce that wee boy Archie to his grandfather Thomas and allow his grandparents and great grandparents in England to see him too... Surely Harry must think of his grans age and how ill his granda is too.. He might be left with great regrets if he doesnt move and do something positive just now instead of following her dreams of being the most important woman on earth..

Old 03-09-2021, 10:11 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,239,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
Lady Colin Campbell author of several books on Diana ...I came upon her youtube channel today....they are very interesting to hear............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgrDFygFBIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMTj4smm6Gg
She is a scream!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:26 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,375,516 times
To be honest Archie looks kind of Asian. So its a draw.

I feel bad for him and the new baby being born into this mess, and parents being estranged from family. It's such a precious time when they are so little.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:29 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,987,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
As I said, I don't happen to think family members speculating about the appearance of an expected baby is unusual OR "racist."
Umm...it's extremely racist, and I wouldn't use the word speculating but more concerned about "how dark" the child would be. Did you watch the interview? The differences in the same news story and the different spins they put on the stories when it was Kate and when it was Meghan. I agree that Meghan was a natural, and people were drawn to her, and it came down to jealousy. Why in the world would she make up a story about wanting to commit suicide? I'm sorry, but nobody would. It's an insult to everyone struggling with their mental health.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:56 AM

15,573 posts, read 10,586,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
You were taken for a fool!
It turns out the entire thing was just an infomercial for their joint business adventures while attacking the white family. By the way, their charity is being audited in the UK so think before you buy or donate. And they made a big deal about not being paid for the interview but it was just an offy scam.
Yep, follow the money. Oprah and Hollywood are promoting them for business reasons. btw, using Diana's life as a playbook was a brilliant move by Meghan.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:08 AM

4,082 posts, read 2,173,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I've only seen snippets of the interview, but I got the gist from that and a couple more in-depth articles.

My opinion of MM hasn't changed. I don't trust what she says, she has been deceptive previously, and I think she feeds on drama and watches it unfold around her. My sense is that has been planned for a long time, all instigated by her -- victim 101, separating Harry & herself from 'The Firm' and moving back to CA where she can pursue various media deals. She doesn't like being upstaged and that was a sandbox she would never be the alpha. This interview with Oprah has been in planning for a couple years at least.

At the same time, I have no idea if the royal family are racist or not. I think it can be a convenient card to play when it suits being played. I don't believe that MM was without the means to get help; she's not some ingénue; she's been around and knows how to get things from wherever she needs to get them.
I agree. Yes, maybe she was discouraged from seeking mental health services, but I don’t believe she was being held captive in Buckingham Palace where she couldn’t escape. I am sure she got out undercover so to speak to see friends, other medical appointments, etc. the princess in distress exiled in a palace makes for interesting fairy tales, but in real life, doesn’t happen, especially in a country like England.

A friend of mine said she felt sorry for MM that she was expected to do a job..to work for the Firm. Uh, yeah. Taxpayers are paying their salaries and living expenses. If it comes with some demands like boring functions to attend or following protocol, that’s nothing new. All of us who have been employed by someone else are subject to the same.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,361,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Umm...it's extremely racist, and I wouldn't use the word speculating but more concerned about "how dark" the child would be. Did you watch the interview? The differences in the same news story and the different spins they put on the stories when it was Kate and when it was Meghan. I agree that Meghan was a natural, and people were drawn to her, and it came down to jealousy. Why in the world would she make up a story about wanting to commit suicide? I'm sorry, but nobody would. It's an insult to everyone struggling with their mental health.
I have four biracial kids. I had many conversations when I was pregnant, with both African American and European American family members, and with my African American husband, wondering about what the children would look like, including but not limited to the skin tone, and whether or not the babies would inherit not just red hair but a red afro! Oh my, that would have been unfortunate.

As things played out, each child has a different look and skin tone. My eldest definitely looks biracial - half black and half white. She has pale-ish skin but jet black hair. Her features are not either race - they are clearly a mixture. She's gorgeous. My second daughter looks African American, with darker skin and thicker, but brownish hair. Beautiful eyes. She's gorgeous. My oldest son looks like an Arab - LOL. In fact, he's often mistaken for someone Arabic. He has aquiline features and he keeps his dark brown hair short and his skin tone is what I'd call medium but he doesn't look "white" or "black." He's gorgeous. My youngest son looks the most like my eldest daughter, and he looks biracial to me as well. Jet black hair, paler skin, very chiseled features that are neither "black" nor "white." All four kids have dark brown eyes. But so do both the parents so there's that.

Anyway, like I said, there was always a lot of speculation about who they would take after the most - from EVERYONE of EVERY color.

Ironically, Archie looks like MM's father to me, but I digress.

As far as wanting to commit suicide when she was five months pregnant, first of all, we have no idea whether that's actually true. Secondly, I don't see Meghan worrying about whether she offends anyone or not. And finally, I am sorry but I do think she is prone to exaggeration. Plus she plays up anything she can to be "like" Princess Diana to Harry.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:18 AM

14,734 posts, read 15,200,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
One thing's for sure - Meghan is no Princess Diana.
That IS for sure. They are opposites in upbringing, education, training, status and class. There is no comparison between the two so it shouldn't be made or even mentioned by people who keep on bringing it up in all of these threads being posted about Meghan and Harry.

Diana had a lot of advantages and finishing touches that were meant to prepare her for the life that she was getting into, finishing touches which Meghan never had. Diana was a proven virgin daughter of a wealthy earl, a titled Lady in her own right who grew up in the environment of the hoi paloi and nobility for 19 years, so she was already familiar with the lifestyle. In addition, in the six months between the time of her official betrothal and the time of her marriage to Charles, Diana was taken under the personal wing and attendance of The Queen Mother herself (Queen E's own mother) to live with TQM in her own home, The Royal Lodge in Windsor. There she was protected, chaperoned, given a 6 month crash course in further protocol training and officially finished and polished up for her Royal marriage. Diana at least had some advance knowledge of what the protocol expectations of her would be, compliments of the Royals and the Institution.

Meghan got no such social advantages or any polishing and finishing. She was an unknown, divorced, common, classless actress from America, (oh, the horror of it all !! ) a crass, outspoken, unfinished "stockingless" nobody with no status who knew nothing about Royal protocols (and still doesn't), a mature woman who first showed herself to the public as Harry's girlfriend at the Invictus games dressed like an American bumpkin in ripped up jeans and a revealing peasant shirt. Meghan leaped into the royal pool blind and head first, not knowing the depths of what she should have known about royalty but didn't know because it never occurred to her, nobody told her and nobody took her under the wing to train her up and finish her for what was expected of her. Not even Harry had a clue what kind of training was withheld from her and what she needed to know. They were both living in the fantasy.

She made numerous "unacceptable" social protocol mistakes because of what was withheld from her and so the press, media and tabloids told lies about her, villified her, chewed her up into little pieces and spit her out. Then the more spiteful minded common people in both the UK and America who are the avid consumers of the media / tabloids and have this massive ugly hate-on for Meghan, made up more lies about her and stomped on both Meghan and Harry and ground them both into the dirt under their heels. And they're still doing it to them.

Now Meghan and Harry are feeling justified in doing what they're doing to get back at the press that made a mockery of her and to expose the oppressive royal 'institution', but Meghan can not in any way be compared to Diana.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV