Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 01:26 PM

13,307 posts, read 8,557,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I agree.. Megs has read up on Diana for years it was said by her friend. and knew a lot about her.. she will never be a Queen of Hearts or anything near it...What she does have though is a personality that can easy manipulate other either to her way of thinking or to admire her.. Shes good at that.Ill give her credit but most from the past have found out the real Meghan.. Harry thinks he s won a watch... with this amazing woman who let him know he was "trapped" for years without him even knowing till he met wonderwoman... now Harry says is brother William and father are trapped too.. this lady should have a crystal ball , as she seems to know how everyone is feeling without them even knowing..
Yes I'm sure she was held in captivity in a high tower being only fed crumpets and ale. I need to step back, pause, and accept that both these young persons are part of a problem. I sincerely think lady di would not want her two sons to be at odds. She raised them better then that.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:44 PM

22,132 posts, read 13,302,621 times
I see the RF has responded. They shouldn't have dignified that with an answer.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:46 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,243,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
MEGHAN herself brings it up. And Harry. All the time:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-...interview-cbs/

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/p...ry?id=76273944

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...na/3834098002/

And she has the audacity to pretend she knew nothing much about Diana before marrying Harry. Lord have mercy. Pants on fire!
Nonsense. Those articles have nothing to do with comparisons between who Diana was and who Meghan is and what their respective backgrounds and outlooks were. Besides their respective connections to Harry the only things they have in common with each other is that the British press controls the Royals and that the two women were both hounded mercilessly by the press and paparazzi, one hounded literally to her death and the other to feeling like she was going to die.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:49 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,550,627 times
Yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn!

Old 03-09-2021, 02:04 PM

9,557 posts, read 16,627,250 times
What is really sad about all this is with the Queen the Grandparents. They don't have many years left, and for such a breakup of a family at this time in life. I can't imagine Harry ever seeing his Grandparents again. I think it would have been better, if they had not done the interview.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 PM

9,346 posts, read 16,740,536 times
Her half-sister made a statement that she is a narcissist. The opening of the interview with her stating she had NO IDEA who Harry was when she started dating him nor of the protocols and responsibilities of marrying into the family. She is an actress and celebrity and in no way was that naive.

Her proclamation that she was concerned for Archie and her not being protected had more to do with having an entourage following her and a title for her son (which he would have received when Charles becomes king/direct descendant)

Old 03-09-2021, 02:10 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,377,127 times
I was just listening to some discussion about Meghan and her mental state and needing help and being refused. A major point was made that the world knows the mental health issues Harry has had for years, he has gotten treatment, is on several mental health boards/committees etc. and yet all he could do for his ailing suicidal wife was to cradle her?????????

Makes absolutely no sense at all that she couldn't get help.

I also think the Royal's response to the interview was short, supportive, which is good and not playing into M&H's craziness.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Last edited by brava4; 03-09-2021 at 02:28 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 02:14 PM

2,241 posts, read 5,886,389 times
I don't know that I believe Meghan has been hatching an evil plan to rip Harry from the arms of the family for years. But I DO believe that she was arrogant in thinking that she would be able to live the same kind of life she lived as a single American woman. Anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research on the Royal Family knows that their movements are tightly controlled and they don't just jet off on a whim to see friends abroad or out to a club or whatever. Meghan seemed shocked that she had to shut down her own social media, for example. Well, duh. The Queen and the Palace don't want royals putting out their own personal views to the world, even if they are socially conscious views. The couple's staff manages their social media.

I think she honestly believed that she was not going to be as tightly managed as, say, Kate and was shocked when this did not happen. But that was pure arrogance and feeling of entitlement. And now she's mad about it. You can't want all the privileges of royal life and none of the restrictions. It's a gilded cage and I don't buy the story about her having no idea of that.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,492,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I was just listening to some discussion about Meghan and her mental state and needing help and being refused. A major point was made that the world knows the mental health issues Harry has had for years, he has gotten treatment, is on several mental health boards/committees etc. and yet all he could do for his ailing suicidal wife was to cradle her?????????

Makes absolutely no sense at all that she couldn't get help.
Yes that seemed odd. He actually said he was ashamed to go to his family for help on this.

Also, she must have been seeing a doctor regularly since she was pregnant. Why didnt she seek help from that doctor.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:31 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,697,733 times
I'm starting to think the dad might be the sane one in the family.

"The "whole thing about color and the baby's skin color is bull****," Thomas claimed."
Piers Morgan "On Monday, while discussing Meghan's interview, Morgan said, "I don’t believe a word she says, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe her if she read me a weather report."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163602064.html

I think I'm right there with Piers Morgan. The Queen's response was classy at least...

"The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan. The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163602064.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV