Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 11:10 AM

728 posts, read 306,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Lol.

This whole thing again is Meghan making a mountain out of a molehill to portray herself as a victim.

If I recall from the interview this was not a planned formal meeting with the Queen, but came about when they found out she was visiting at Prince Andrew and Fergie's home.

The Queen is known to be quite gracious and even if Meghan had failed to curtsy or they hadn't hurriedly told her she was supposed to even in private, I seriously doubt the Queen would have chastised her or made her feel uncomfortable. She would have just chalked it up to American ignorance or their customs and realized someone needed to inform her what was expected.

Remember when the Obama's visited the Queen and much was made about Michele putting her arms around the Queen. The Queen graciously accepted her hugs even though that is not done there at least in public.

That is not done ever unless you are a member of the Queen's family. Nobody gets to hug the Queen, not even the President of the USA. Bad manners are atrocious.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:13 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,898 posts, read 58,591,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She got training beforehand like everyone does. I’ve seen multiple interviews over the years where people talk about having to learn Royal protocol prior to meeting Queen Elizabeth. I got the impression that Meghan just assumed that stuff wouldn’t be required to meet her future grandmother-in-law, as if they were equals. Typical American ignorance, or so she says. I have a hard time believing Harry didn’t mention that until they were on the way for their audience with the Queen.
and we have heard how nicely MM treated her 'trainers' / attendants.

Wow... I expect she got the 'special version' of training, saved for just such obstinate, demanding, and demeaning royalty.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:17 AM

9,625 posts, read 5,423,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
It's not that she doesn't know how to curtsy. She could dance a ring around the Queen. Meghan felt awkward doing the curtsy. It made her look like someone from the wrong side of the tracks, like a duck among swans. She has many strikes against her and it has nothing to do with race. It's her own fault for trying to crash high society.
NOT buying it. EVERYONE curtsies to the Queen. EVERYONE.
If she feels inferior, that is her own psychological issue, particularly in light of heaps of evidence to the contrary.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:18 AM

18,672 posts, read 18,960,864 times
Quote:
Well, I disagree about that. Meghan could be trained, but as an American she probably had no desire to run the race. I can’t say I blame her. I just wish they would have gone out to pasture and not thrown the family under the bus. That wasn’t necessary.
I think it was more that Meghan didnt ever think she should bow to anyone.. her ego is through the roof and if she didnt want to play along in the family she should have stayed out.. just wish she would have... This strong woman thing seems to stem from her mother bringing her up on her own.. but she had plenty of help from Thomas Markle in many ways...I brought up three kids without any help and that takes a strong woman.... she wants to grow up and recognise that she had an easy life with her private schools paid for by her dad and her acting and dance lassons etc... Comapred to many other women they had it good.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:56 AM

22,153 posts, read 13,313,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
If she feels inferior, that is her own psychological issue, particularly in light of heaps of evidence to the contrary.
I'm not saying she feels inferior...

Old 03-10-2021, 12:22 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,252,994 times
Quote:
No, re-read the post I replied to. That person said Meghan was denied training, and Meghan implied that as well. That wasn't true at all. Of course she's not going to get the training before the engagement, but she did get the training. Meghan is not a victim.
I think you should re-read the post you replied to (that was my post). I never said that Meghan was denied training, I said it was withheld, which is not the same thing as denial. A person needs to know about something and then ask for it before it can be denied to them. How would I or you or anyone else know what was denied to her? But what she didn't know about in the first place could easily be withheld from her and she would not even know it was being withheld because she didn't know about it. See the difference?

I said there was no comparison between Diana and Meghan because Meghan didn't have the background, education, social status and royal training that Diana had, and that Meghan didn't know about, let alone learn about the type of comprehensive training that Diana would have been required to have before Diana's marriage. Diana was being prepared for her high position and responsibilities as the wife of the future King and the mother of his children. Diana was a very important personage. Meghan wasn't, she was a foreign nobody who would only be the wife of the 'spare' son of the future monarch.

Meghan may have got some training in royal etiquette after her marriage - anybody with half a brain can easily learn etiquette - but before her marriage nobody taught her the basics about the institutionalized protocol and governing policies of royal life and what her responsibilities would be and what would be expected of her as the wife of a prince of the realm. She went into her marriage blind to what it was really going to be like and didn't know that there were things she didn't know that perhaps she should know about but were withheld from her because she was already ignorant of their existence and she isn't important enough to need to know.

I don't think Meghan was a victim of royal life and royal institution but she should have realized and accepted that when she went into a royal marriage she would lose a lot of her personal identity and freedoms that, as an American, she just took for granted and expected she could retain them.

In the UK the royal family is a trapped victim of the press and the press toys with the royal family like a cat playing with a mouse. The victimizing that happened to Meghan came strictly from the press. The press didn't like her because of who she is and what she represents so they made a concentrated effort to make her life a living hell and drive her out of England. The press succeeded and she escaped from England and took her husband and baby with her. Now she and her husband are doing an expose.

The press and paparazzi did the same thing to Diana after her divorce from Charles, and Diana died because of it.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:04 PM

728 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

That feeling of inferiority is excruciating. I still remember getting crushed by it when I had my first job at a multi-national corporation. I was milling around among top management at a dinner reception for the Chairman of the organization. I stood out like a bumpkin even with my mouth shut. Meghan asked for it.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:22 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,269,877 times
I watched some of it with my wife. I feel bad for Megan if she felt that way and such. Suicide is no laughing matter. But I feel like there is 2 sides to each story and the royal family won't be able to do an interview like this and tell everyone their side and such.

I also don't feel too bad for them in terms of living situation. He talked about being cut off financially, however if you research their net worth, they are beyond fine. And if you take away 100% of his (for those that will argue some of it is with the royal family and can't be fully released or whatever the reason is), hers is still over $5 million. And with everything they can get paid for now, I don't feel sorry for them in that regard.

For me, sometimes it comes off as Megan loved the idea of being a princess, being in love, and joining royalty. So many fantasies of a little girl coming true. However, the realty of it was not what she expected and she wanted out. Sure, she may have been treated unfairly in a lot of ways, but regardless, she wanted out and I think she missed the freedoms she had while being a wealthy actress in Southern California. Yes, I am assuming here, but I feel like it could be a part of it all at the end of the day.

Regardless, I don't get the fascination with the royal family and why so many care about their every move. For them, a British family, to get a primetime interview on American television is just weird to me. I don't know, I don't get it I guess.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:30 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,648,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He probably is--and not because Megan is a cruel, manipulative viper, or whatever the royal stans are sayings. Harry was brought up in a completely controlled, artificial environment to perform a specific role. He probably bristled against the restrictions and rebelled in his own way, but for all intents and purposes, living in that fishbowl was normal for him. Then he met and married someone who wasn't from that world, and now he's dealing with a whole new set of expectations and restrictions. He'll never be able to live a "normal" life--he has no idea what that is.
That might be Megan's American-ness having an influence--for us, the royal family is a curiosity, and doing something just because it's always been done that way isn't the way our culture works.
Good points. Harry was raised from birth what was expected. The royal lifestyle didn't feel restrictive. Unlike Megan from America. She felt restricted. Can't go make a movie in America if she wanted to. She has to be Harry's royal wife.

Harry doesn't seem to know what to do in America. This is where you can be whatever you want to be. Did he have any personal aspirations? Like being a teacher? Musician? Fly airplanes? You can aspire to whatever you want to be in America. Except, being a royal. You can't aspire to that. But he was raised only to be a royal, and not aspire to personal ambitions.

It was Megan that made him realize he was trapped. Leaving UK he could do whatever non-royal pursuits he wanted. They wanted to remain royals but live independent of the royal 'firm'. He thought maybe they could do that. Live anywhere they want, and get royal benefits, but only check in a few times a year to the Queen. Queen said no so fast.

So Harry didn't really have a way to 'find' his independent self away from the royal firm. That doesn't happen UNTIL you have completely become independent from them. THEN you can start finding out who your independent self really is. What Harry is doing is way more difficult then Megan. But she rarely talks about how difficult it is for him.

They are very media savvy. They knew they couldn't have a plain jane interview with Oprah. There had to be bombshells to get top press attention. To promote themselves. Some of this is planned imo.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:22 AM

18,672 posts, read 18,960,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Who cares.
I do... and many more... this is someone calling out our Royal family and its not to be taken lightly at all.. this lady is no lady..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV