Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 05:20 AM

43,731 posts, read 44,495,603 times

Advertisements

This saga reminds me of the Duke of Windsor (the former King Edward VIII) and his wife who was an American divorcee. The difference being that Duke of Windsor was in line for throne and became King of England whereas at this point Prince Harry isn't likely ever to be king of England as he has not only his father and older brother in line before him but also Prince William now has 3 children. So really this royal "scandal" with Prince Harry and Meghan isn't really important except for those royal watchers and gossip mongers.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:51 AM

88 posts, read 87,004 times
What better way to satisfy her craving for attention ....play the race card

Old 03-08-2021, 05:52 AM

4,726 posts, read 4,433,731 times
I didn't watch but will try to find it on youtube or wherever. I recognize that it's definitely something most of us cannot really imagine or understand, but I do agree that if they want to be left alone and live a normal, quiet, regular life, that last time I checked primetime with Oprah is not the way.
She, Megan is an actress and I find her pretty staged.
Interesting point about wanting their son to be a prince if they were so looking to live quietly. Maybe that was a tipping point but really makes no sense to me

Old 03-08-2021, 05:57 AM

18,542 posts, read 18,789,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvboats View Post
oh big time and Oprah is just as bad entertaining this.....wasnt she the one who jetted over for a two hour service for the wedding.... just because it was "Royal".........would she had galloped over as quickly had Megs have married her chef.........

Old 03-08-2021, 06:00 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,929,092 times
Didn't watch the show, but saw several clips on the news this morning. Has not changed my opinion of both of them. We'll leave it at that.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:01 AM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Oprah always the businesswoman.. really made me feel sick watching this interview...why the hell didnt she question Meghan about her own disfuctional family that she ditched including her father. and why was her mother the only family member at the grand wedding.... none of her mothers sisters were there.. seems strange.. but she invited Oprah and Idris Elba that she had never met to the wedding... mmm wonder why? Its shocking what the couple said but more shocking was Oprah and her interview..all this has caused is more tension with raciscm and bringing out the worse in people.. Meghan to me is an actress who has needed and wanted the spotlight all her life.. and boy did she get it... only to not only ghost her own family but also the family who welcomed her and treated both her and her mother lovely.. Shes turned Harry into a clone of himself who has never looked so unhappy since he married her.... Meghan has only caused tensions and it hasnt helped anyone one bit.... I wish they would crawl into their multi million pound hole and not stick their heads out again...Harry should be ashamed with his granny so old now and his granda very ill in hospital. damn them both.
Your post very clearly illustrates why they did what they did. The hatred poured on her from the very beginning has been insane.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:02 AM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvboats View Post
Race is a big factor in why she was so bullied and hated. They were a lot of people who thought she was ruining the royal bloodline by bringing black blood into it.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:04 AM

7,243 posts, read 4,564,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
The royal family is out of touch. Harry didn't want to have his wife die unhappy way too early like his mom...saw the writing on the wall. Respect them for taking action and for doing that interview. Wish them the best here in America healthy and happy with their growing family.
If that were really true why are they giving interviews every 10 seconds. No Megan thought she would be able to use the press to force the monarchy to do what she wanted.

Nice Mee - gan, but we are as stupid as you think we are.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:06 AM

6,803 posts, read 2,924,251 times
I watched it and I still have no idea what the hype was - or is - all about.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:12 AM

7,379 posts, read 5,493,280 times
I watched. They did not come across well IMO. I hate that Harry bashed his father and whined about security and money being cut off. He inherited millions from his mother he could have paid for his own security.
And I can’t believe she never Googled Harry or knew anything about the royals.
I’m glad they are happy but I don’t know what they thought they’d accomplish with this interview. They have probably alienated his family even more against them and the U.K. press is going to go after them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.