Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:09 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Just some thougs... the interview was interesting but did Meghan convince me or change my opinion?
No
There is no way she knew nothing about the royal family or possible duties or the torment paparazzi put Diana and her kids through, nor is it believable that she was so naive that she wouldn't be scrutinized. I'm no Anglophile but there are things you just know as a student of life and history.

I obviously understand her and Harry's pain caused by the vile things that were said to and about them but it's par for the course when you are in the public eye. Even when you're not famous you can get picked apart. The world is cruel. And I also understand the hurt from the perceived inaction or abandonment of the royal family but I would never leave my wellbeing solely in the hands of others, Harry I can excuse for that but a girl from the around the block... no.

Even their reasons for departure were kind of illogical. If you don't get enough support, what do you think leaving and renouncing your positions will get you... well even less to zero support. Harry almost seemed like a lost lamb when he recounted the shock of losing his security detail and money (I'm sure Diana left him millions but still). Furthermore, the attacks in the press is going to follow you even when you leave the fold, or the Firm. Especially if you continue to do interviews... but welcome to the working class Harry.

I do feel like Meghan may have planted seeds of discord within Harry. Using words like "trapped" did not sit right with me. Of course royales have rigidness bred and instilled in them and there are things you are not able to do be it for safety or optics or whatever... but for Harry to say he was never happy, when he was 100% naked playing guitar in Las Vegas, was ridiculous.

And chickens? She said something about having chickens as being "real"
Better not have roosters because I know Oprah will not like to be disturbed as they are neighbors (interesting tidbit when they moved from Canada because people knew where they were)

Thoughts?
The pampered brat should have married a nice English girl, not some American drama queen.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:10 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
too bad, not really fit for 'The Queen's model of Royalty, but very appropriate to THEIR age group.

Crybabies / entitlements / BLM i.e. all ME centric, just doesn't cut it for 'crown' leadership, but is very expected of those not seeking maturity, and promoting Blame. (of others).

Same ole story we hear everyday from movie stars, entertainment professionals, trust fund babies...

They needed to make their own way and name and credibility, which they will do, but only by dragging others through the mud. It will not be close to their potential benefit and gain to humanity required of benevolent world leaders.

It is tough to be benevolent to others when you are all about self. I do not see that in Queen E, but I might be missing her tantrums.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I wrote a little about it in the Political forum, but overall I completely agree that Meghan convinced Harry to leave his family and caused nothing but discord for him. It's pretty sad and I hope for him his relationship with his brother can be mended.

Meghan never sounded grateful for the privilege or luxury she was given by being a part of the Royal family, she came across as dishonest and blaming everyone else.
She is a golddigger. She wants all the money and titles, but none of the responsibility. The royal family are supposed to be SERVANTS to the people, not PARASITES.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:16 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,347,630 times
I don't know all the details about Meghan and her own family estrangement but I find it very telling that she has no contact with any of them except mother. And now she is estranged from her husbands family with him. I know her family is lower on the status scale but I bet they have a boat load to say about her personality. I'd love to know the details.

To me, Harry has been lost since his mother died. Then an older woman comes along, yes only a few years, but she no doubt was seductively assertive with him, coy and manipulative and he fell for it. He was primed for it after mother died. Now there will be a second child and Harry's dug an even deeper hole that he probably can't get himself out of.

When he refused to tell who said the thing about Archie's skin color, adamant about not telling as it would be incredibly damaging, I think it had to be someone very close to him, Dad, William or Gramps.

I think the really sad part is that Harry and William are so far apart now. I bet Harry has some very sad moments when he quietly reflects on how things have turned out.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:28 AM

422 posts, read 281,947 times
Question Oprah's Interview with Meghan and Prince Harry

Anyone watch it? What did you think?

Old 03-08-2021, 11:30 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,777,621 times
I don't believe for one minute that she didn't know what she was getting into. She's an actress and one researches one's roles. What did she think when Harry said he was going to be introducing her to his grandmother? Did she expect a grannie in a house dress and fuzzy slippers baking chocolate chip cookies?

Not knowing the National Anthem? Not knowing protocol including how to curtsy? How anyone who hasn't lived in a cave, let alone someone who was already a celebrity (and who had lived, for years, in Canada where Queen Elizabeth II is sovereign) possibly not have a clue? Plus she's already media-savvy and had a website of her own. She wasn't a babe in the woods. She should have been prepared on so many levels.

She was ill-suited for the situation she finds herself in and I'm actually surprised (and a bit dismayed) that Harry pursued the relationship. I see a rocky future for both of them.

I do think, though, that Oprah did a good job with the interview. Watching her work was worth it.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I don't believe for one minute that she didn't know what she was getting into. She's an actress and one researches one's roles. What did she think when Harry said he was going to be introducing her to his grandmother? Did she expect a grannie in a house dress and fuzzy slippers baking chocolate chip cookies?
Of course she wouldn't have thought that. But there is a difference in knowing that you're entering into a prominent family with a long history and a lot of protocols, but not knowing the true extent to which the family controls its members. Megan, as an actress, was used to a certain level of minor celebrity, but it could not compare to the scrutiny she went under as part of the royal family.

I watched part of the interview out of curiosity. I don't really care, but, man, just based on the vitriol and judgement in this thread, you can see how Megan Markle was in a terrible position. Even in this obscure corner of the internet, you've got people convinced that Harry, who grew up up in the spotlight, was completely manipulated by this viper of a golddigger, as if he had no free will or isn't used to people wanting things from him. People are mean.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-08-2021 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-08-2021, 12:00 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I did,

I enjoyed it,

it was eye opening, and I like her.

I also like that she did not bad mouth anyone, and neiher did the Prince, certain things Oprah fished for and directly answered he said he didnt feel comfortaboe answering, and I like that about the both of them.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:08 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Just the archbishop, Megan, and Harry at the first (real) wedding; "just the three of us"? Does Great Britain not require two witnesses like the United States? And that's just ONE lie...

Old 03-08-2021, 12:09 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course she wouldn't have thought that. But there is a difference in knowing that you're entering into a prominent family with a long history and a lot of protocols, but not knowing the true extent to which the family controls its members. Megan, as an actress, was used to a certain level of minor celebrity, but it could not compare to the scrutiny she went under as part of the royal family.

I watched part of the interview out of curiosity. I don't really care, but, man, just based on the vitriol and judgement in this thread, you can see how Megan Markle was in a terrible position. Even in this obscure corner of the internet, you've got people convinced that Harry, who grew up up in the spotlight, was completely manipulated by this viper of a golddigger, as if he had no free will. People are mean.
Maybe people are perceptive. Well, all except Harry, who is evidently STILL thinking with his "little head"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV