Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 03:28 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,683,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That IS for sure. They are opposites in upbringing, education, training, status and class. There is no comparison between the two so it shouldn't be made or even mentioned by people who keep on bringing it up in all of these threads being posted about Meghan and Harry.

Diana had a lot of advantages and finishing touches that were meant to prepare her for the life that she was getting into, finishing touches which Meghan never had. Diana was a proven virgin daughter of a wealthy earl, a titled Lady in her own right who grew up in the environment of the hoi paloi and nobility for 19 years, so she was already familiar with the lifestyle. In addition, in the six months between the time of her official betrothal and the time of her marriage to Charles, Diana was taken under the personal wing and attendance of The Queen Mother herself (Queen E's own mother) to live with TQM in her own home, The Royal Lodge in Windsor. There she was protected, chaperoned, given a 6 month crash course in further protocol training and officially finished and polished up for her Royal marriage. Diana at least had some advance knowledge of what the protocol expectations of her would be, compliments of the Royals and the Institution.

Meghan got no such social advantages or any polishing and finishing. She was an unknown, divorced, common, classless actress from America, (oh, the horror of it all !! ) a crass, outspoken, unfinished "stockingless" nobody with no status who knew nothing about Royal protocols (and still doesn't), a mature woman who first showed herself to the public as Harry's girlfriend at the Invictus games dressed like an American bumpkin in ripped up jeans and a revealing peasant shirt. Meghan leaped into the royal pool blind and head first, not knowing the depths of what she should have known about royalty but didn't know because it never occurred to her, nobody told her and nobody took her under the wing to train her up and finish her for what was expected of her. Not even Harry had a clue what kind of training was withheld from her and what she needed to know. They were both living in the fantasy.

She made numerous "unacceptable" social protocol mistakes because of what was withheld from her and so the press, media and tabloids told lies about her, villified her, chewed her up into little pieces and spit her out. Then the more spiteful minded common people in both the UK and America who are the avid consumers of the media / tabloids and have this massive ugly hate-on for Meghan, made up more lies about her and stomped on both Meghan and Harry and ground them both into the dirt under their heels. And they're still doing it to them.

Now Meghan and Harry are feeling justified in doing what they're doing to get back at the press that made a mockery of her and to expose the oppressive royal 'institution', but Meghan can not in any way be compared to Diana.

There is no amount of finishing school that can fix everything that is wrong with that thug. I hope America and the UK see through that b.s. she and offy are trying to pull off and their "charity" is investigated as it should be. We don't the likes of her making money off the unfortunate people.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:36 PM

3,655 posts, read 1,612,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I don't know that I believe Meghan has been hatching an evil plan to rip Harry from the arms of the family for years. But I DO believe that she was arrogant in thinking that she would be able to live the same kind of life she lived as a single American woman. Anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research on the Royal Family knows that their movements are tightly controlled and they don't just jet off on a whim to see friends abroad or out to a club or whatever. Meghan seemed shocked that she had to shut down her own social media, for example. Well, duh. The Queen and the Palace don't want royals putting out their own personal views to the world, even if they are socially conscious views. The couple's staff manages their social media.

I think she honestly believed that she was not going to be as tightly managed as, say, Kate and was shocked when this did not happen. But that was pure arrogance and feeling of entitlement. And now she's mad about it. You can't want all the privileges of royal life and none of the restrictions. It's a gilded cage and I don't buy the story about her having no idea of that.

The question we all have is did Megan know all this before or not? Did she know what royal life is like? Did she read books on Diana? She didn't know anything about the royals? "Thank goodness" she didn't, she said.

Or, is this all a ruse and she managed her way in? Go through the courtship and wedding as the most adorable and lovable woman in the UK. Everyone loves her. After the wedding at some point in time, she needs to start her exit plan:

-She's trapped.
-They won't protect her from the press.
-They won't denounce the 'lies' the press is saying about her.
-They won't provide help for her severe depression.

Finally the press asks her "are you ok?" And now it's time for Act II, and the first bombshell: "I'm not ok". "No one has asked me until now"

The Little Mermaid lost her soul, her voice! She's trapped in a castle! Someone save her!

American's will tune in for this damsel that escaped from being trapped in a castle story. It's a real castle. It's a real royal family. She will milk it for all it's worth. Convincing Harry is her Award Winning moment. The family is nice to her. Queen was nice to her. It's how they run the "firm". She had to convince Harry of that. (If you're in the family business, yes, you have to follow family protocols)

If this is what happened, Harry will catch on eventually that's how narcissistic women manipulate men. Harry will start to go mad living with her. He might have an affair. That's when she turns on Harry. The final scene.

Last edited by james112; 03-09-2021 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,683,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
The point I was making was that the whole family might be insane. At first I thought it was just the dad, now I think it's all of them. m
The craziest thing is that the U.S. media is supporting Meghan's public tantrum. What happened to not publishing something without evidence? They allow Meghan a public outlet for hurling allegations with zero proof. Besides attention, what is the goal here?
MM and the offy are scratching each others back and the whole thing was nothing more than a shady infomercial promoting the charity and mm's tea sales. They are neighbors with a mutual interests in making white people here and in the UK look bad. I am glad William, Kate and their beautiful children are standing strong and representing Diana as she should be remembered. It will be a sad day for Harry when he finally sees the truth. He could have done so much better than to become a common hussler.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:30 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,622,013 times
Meghan seemed to think they took Archie's title away. As I understand it the only great grandchild of the monarch that is automatically given a royal title is Prince George. Now The Queen wrote letters patent to give all the children of William and Katherine royal titles, just as her father had done for her.

So, nobody took away Archie's title.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:35 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,357,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
The question we all have is did Megan know all this before or not? Did she know what royal life is like? Did she read books on Diana? She didn't know anything about the royals? "Thank goodness" she didn't, she said.

Or, is this all a ruse and she managed her way in? Go through the courtship and wedding as the most adorable and lovable woman in the UK. Everyone loves her. After the wedding at some point in time, she needs to start her exit plan:

-She's trapped.
-They won't protect her from the press.
-They won't denounce the 'lies' the press is saying about her.
-They won't provide help for her severe depression.

Finally the press asks her "are you ok?" And now it's time for Act II, and the first bombshell: "I'm not ok". "No one has asked me until now"

The Little Mermaid lost her soul, her voice! She's trapped in a castle! Someone save her!

American's will tune in for this damsel that escaped from being trapped in a castle story. It's a real castle. It's a real royal family. She will milk it for all it's worth. Convincing Harry is her Award Winning moment. The family is nice to her. Queen was nice to her. It's how they run the "firm". She had to convince Harry of that. (If you're in the family business, yes, you have to follow family protocols)

If this is what happened, Harry will catch on eventually that's how narcissistic women manipulate men. Harry will start to go mad living with her. He might have an affair. That's when she turns on Harry. The final scene.
She'll gaslight him.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:37 PM

130,653 posts, read 12,171,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Meghan seemed to think they took Archie's title away. As I understand it the only great grandchild of the monarch that is automatically given a royal title is Prince George. Now The Queen wrote letters patent to give all the children of William and Katherine royal titles, just as her father had done for her.

Yes indeed. He was not entitled to any titles, & may become eligible once Charles becomes King. There are strict rules about who gets what title, & Archie was not eligible. So don't use the race card, when it was written law for over 100 years.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:38 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,357,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post

Yes, exactly. And Harry should know all of this, hence she would know but instead blamed it on racism.

I wonder if Oprah now knows the truth of what Meghan said through the interview. Such as the title issue. I doubt Oprah would say anything to confront the reality of what has been said.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:44 PM

2,106 posts, read 982,976 times
I hope their next child is as white as the first one because I don’t think that’s what she wants , a little brown face will give her more sympathy , oh look at poor me , my little brown daughter will never be a princess

Old 03-09-2021, 04:44 PM

1,042 posts, read 876,644 times
Why ISN"T there a written protocol on how to quit the royal firm? Things wouldn't have had to get ugly if there had been one.

As far as Megham pretending she was unaware that by marrying Harry she would be living in a lifestyle of a diamond filled nightmare, I believe her. She was in love. With a man. And yes, when you marry another person, you do to an extent marry their family. But not THAT married to the family, and hopefully not to such a dysfunctional family.

Suicide should ALWAYS be taken seriously. I am Autistic, and the primary reason that the average "high functioning" Autistic lifespan is 37 years old is because of suicide. Several dozen of my friends know to call me the moment they start seriously considering suicide. And we discuss options. Some of them choose short-term mental institutions. And some still take their lives shortly after they are discharged. Nobody I know in the Autistic community would dream of telling a suicidal person that getting help would be bad optics. Or that's something we all have to deal with. Never.

It is difficult to admit publicly that you have come to a place where suicide seems the only practical solution. Meghan should be applauded for having the courage to talk about it.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:45 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,668,002 times
I find it hard to believe that Meghan feeling suicidal was told that seeking help wasn't a good look for the royals...hell she could have gotten Dr. Phil on the phone in a heartbeat...what stopped Meghan or Harry from seeking help for themselves??? The whole interview didn't ring true to me...yes being a royal must be confining in some ways but their benefits are numerous...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV