Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 08:59 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,086,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Americans are tough. Anyone who can be bullied is either not American or a disgrace to America.
And Meghan is tougher than the average American. Don't be fooled by the demure act! If I had to guess which sister-in-law made the other cry, my money would be on her.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:10 AM

728 posts, read 304,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
And Meghan is tougher than the average American. Don't be fooled by the demure act! If I had to guess which sister-in-law made the other cry, my money would be on her.

Being mean is not being tough. American values are based on playing fair.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:32 AM

9,499 posts, read 5,284,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
The Queen signed her up for Duchess Training after they were married. So, no she didn't lie. She would have met the Queen before marriage and probably didn't know how to curtsy or anything else.
Yea, well, you'd have to live in a CLOSET to NOt know that you curtsy to the queen. Some of M's comments were positively ridiculous. And what, Harry couldn't help educate her? Or, was he too busy running around living his bachelor life knowing he was never going to get close to being 'king.' I find them both, now, to be disingenuous and seemingly intentionally hurtful to the BRF. This could have been handled in such a different manner.

Ginger Whiskers and Mexit. Adios amigos.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:34 AM

18,223 posts, read 15,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yes that seemed odd. He actually said he was ashamed to go to his family for help on this.

Also, she must have been seeing a doctor regularly since she was pregnant. Why didnt she seek help from that doctor.
The wide allegation is she was never actually pregnant. She was (supposedly) wearing a moonbump to fake being pregnant, and they used a surrogate. They were squirrelly around the birth, the date, no doctor signatures on the announcement, as is done for all royal births, and other things. Things are hinky with this woman and Harry goes along with whatever she wants.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Being mean is not being tough. American values are based on playing fair.
As in "tough as nails." What Meghan IS is a narcissist and most likely sociopath.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Yea, well, you'd have to live in a CLOSET to NOt know that you curtsy to the queen. Some of M's comments were positively ridiculous. And what, Harry couldn't help educate her? Or, was he too busy running around living his bachelor life knowing he was never going to get close to being 'king.' I find them both, now, to be disingenuous and seemingly intentionally hurtful to the BRF. This could have been handled in such a different manner.

And just as she was never pregnant, she was never suicidal. Sort of like the fake wedding, only worse.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM

728 posts, read 304,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

It's not that she doesn't know how to curtsy. She could dance a ring around the Queen. Meghan felt awkward doing the curtsy. It made her look like someone from the wrong side of the tracks, like a duck among swans. She has many strikes against her and it has nothing to do with race. It's her own fault for trying to crash high society.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:52 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,234,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Did not watch, but I am going to drop in a psychological perspective on this.

Often in families, if you pay close attention, you will see patterns that repeat over generations. Sometimes its something very obvious like alcoholism. Other times its relationship patterns. To me, it appears that Harry has unconsciously followed the pattern of his father, which is to marry a woman who does not fit the mold that the Royals prefer. And then dealing with all the stress and strife that comes with it. In both cases, the British press play a big role in amplifying the problem.

In a way, Harry is now reliving what his mother endured, but through Megan.

One might speculate that Harry is angry at his father about how he treated his mother, and choosing Megan was his method of retaliating against him. This could be entirely unconscious. Perhaps as the years go by he will realize what the connection is between his choice of partner and his parent's relationship.
I think your analysis is interesting. I also think Harry is repeating the behavior of his great, great uncle who married the “woman he loved” and gave up his throne.

I suspect that, of the two, Meghan is the stronger character. I also think that his statement about being trapped, but not knowing it until he met Meghan, is telling. My view is that he was, indeed, trapped. But I am not sure he has been freed. He is perhaps still trapped.

This is my last post on this subject. Watching these unhappy, privileged people is like watching a slow motion car crash. It is hard to look away. But I have decided to look away. They have no relevance to my life.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It's not that she doesn't know how to curtsy. She could dance a ring around the Queen. Meghan felt awkward doing the curtsy. It made her look like someone from the wrong side of the tracks, like a duck among swans. She has many strikes against her and it has nothing to do with race. It's her own fault for trying to crash high society.
It's not that she doesn't know how to curtsy. Or didn't know that she was supposed to curtsy. Or that she feels awkward curtsying. It's that it's an affront to her massive ego.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:02 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think your analysis is interesting. I also think Harry is repeating the behavior of his great, great uncle who married the “woman he loved” and gave up his throne.

I suspect that, of the two, Meghan is the stronger character. I also think that his statement about being trapped, but not knowing it until he met Meghan, is telling. My view is that he was, indeed, trapped. But I am not sure he has been freed. He is perhaps still trapped.
He probably is--and not because Megan is a cruel, manipulative viper, or whatever the royal stans are sayings. Harry was brought up in a completely controlled, artificial environment to perform a specific role. He probably bristled against the restrictions and rebelled in his own way, but for all intents and purposes, living in that fishbowl was normal for him. Then he met and married someone who wasn't from that world, and now he's dealing with a whole new set of expectations and restrictions. He'll never be able to live a "normal" life--he has no idea what that is.
That might be Megan's American-ness having an influence--for us, the royal family is a curiosity, and doing something just because it's always been done that way isn't the way our culture works.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-10-2021 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.