Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 07:10 AM

9,473 posts, read 5,245,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
That is/was her goal, and that of her backers in high and mighty places, but looks like Kamala will beat her to the punch -- sooner rather than later.

As for suicide, words matter. "I didn't want to be alive any more" (if indeed they were uttered at all) is much vaguer and less worrisome than "I had plans and an overwhelming urge to kill myself."
I didn't realize, as the news reports, that she was pregnant at this time that she claims to have been suicidal. OUCH. I have plenty of empathy for people in dire mental health distress, but to claim the Palace would not help her get help just smacks of a lie. I don't believe it. The Queen likes(d) her.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, I disagree about that. Meghan could be trained, but as an American she probably had no desire to run the race. I can’t say I blame her. I just wish they would have gone out to pasture and not thrown the family under the bus. That wasn’t necessary.
She thought she was better than the BRF. And no matter what you think of the Queen or the British Monarchy, she is not even CLOSE.
If she didn't want to 'run the race' she should have reconsidered marrying Harry, for heaven's sake. Or, demanded he leave the Firm BEFORE they got married. What a putz she is.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 AM

2,106 posts, read 981,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
She thought she was better than the BRF. And no matter what you think of the Queen or the British Monarchy, she is not even CLOSE.
If she didn't want to 'run the race' she should have reconsidered marrying Harry, for heaven's sake. Or, demanded he leave the Firm BEFORE they got married. What a putz she is.
She was probably jealous of Kate , Kate got the Heir , she got the spare

Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm not saying she feels inferior...
I thought you inferred it, but I'm too lazy to go back and find your post. LOL because I DON'T CARE.
These two are just beyond the pale.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:34 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,351,858 times
Quote:
I didn't realize, as the news reports, that she was pregnant at this time that she claims to have been suicidal. OUCH. I have plenty of empathy for people in dire mental health distress, but to claim the Palace would not help her get help just smacks of a lie. I don't believe it. The Queen likes(d) her.

That didn't ring true to me either. She was already 37 or 38 when she got married and had said she wanted to be a mom "right away." So she was getting that wish...I just have a hard time believing life was SO difficult that she'd off herself and the baby she wanted so badly. And when she told Oprah she went to Human Resources to ask for help but was denied as she wasn't an "employee"...huh?? I guess it is possible that even bizarro stuff can be true...but the Duchess of Sussex had to go to Human Resources to get into a mental health hospital or program?? This was after she said The Firm staffers turned her down. I know she told Oprah that she couldn't exactly "Uber over to the hospital" but I can't imagine they could not have managed some sort of discreet therapy or even a so-called "spa visit."

But we truly don't know what happened and likely never will.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:18 AM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
I thought it was well done. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes with all those tabloid headlines every week. It must just wear you down as a person. I don't blame them for escaping.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:35 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,941,102 times
The part that I found so ridiculous was the story about her crying when she and Kate had a disagreement about the flower girl dresses. Show me a bride who hasn't cried about something trivial right before their big wedding. It can be a stressful time and little things become big things and emotions can get the best of someone. However - for most people, two years and one baby after the wedding, these events become funny stories and are viewed as the insignificant events that they really were.

Not for Meagan though. She is STILL yammering on about Kate making her cry. She is 39 years old for goodness sake! Can't she see how silly this all sounds?

Old 03-11-2021, 11:45 AM

424 posts, read 284,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I also do not belive the race card. Archie was not entitled to be called Prince at Birth. The Royals have protocols, for centuries, & they are not going to change the rules, because one person wants them to.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nce-mixed-race

I also find it ludicrous that she did not know manners about curtsy etc.

I only thought like Meghan that you only curtsy when you have big events. I did not know if it is a daily think when you see the Queen. I also think they live in the past and don't want to change with the world changing. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Princess Diana had no problem curtsying to the Emperor and Empress of Japan. She had breeding.

Meghan has breeding of the wrong kind and is a disgrace to America which has become a disgrace also.

That is not nice. There is too much in this world we are dealing with now and we all should learn how to get along with whatever color we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
She is a golddigger. She wants all the money and titles, but none of the responsibility. The royal family are supposed to be SERVANTS to the people, not PARASITES.

Meghan is not the one who found Harry. Harry met her thru someone from whatever show I was watching said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
When I worked with celebrities, I had their passports for safe keeping But I don't know what keys they would need? House keys to the palace, car keys?
Sound like a fun job but bet it was stressful at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
It's always how Piers Morgan presents things. He would rather beat you over the head instead of just talking normally. If he lost his job, oh well.

It actually looks like Piers Morgan resigned, not fired.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/p...ts-1234925643/
Whatever show I was watching said that Piers had worked for the British Press. The British Press is protected by the Queen and the staff since they don't want anything negative to come out.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 AM

381 posts, read 171,852 times
Quote:
I thought she could easily have a therapist come to her and pay for it. She wouldn't even need to go out. I seriously doubt the Royal Family would either keep her hostage or not allow a therapist to come and make a house call.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:24 PM

2,070 posts, read 896,270 times
I found this an interesting exchange:

Harry spoke about the Queen personally inviting him and Meghan to dinner in Sandringham after they stepped down from senior royal duties. But when they landed in the UK, Harry said he got a message from his then–private secretary telling him that “the Queen is busy; she’s busy all week. Do not come up here.”

Harry said he called the Queen directly and that she told him she was suddenly busy that night and “the rest of the week” as well—prompting Oprah to ask if she was in control of her own schedule/life. Harry’s response? “No, when you’re head of the Firm, there’s people around you that give you advice. And what has also made me really sad is that some of that advice has been really bad.”

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...ed-oprah-clip/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV