Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 02:01 PM

130,713 posts, read 12,192,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
That didn't ring true to me either. She was already 37 or 38 when she got married and had said she wanted to be a mom "right away." So she was getting that wish...I just have a hard time believing life was SO difficult that she'd off herself and the baby she wanted so badly. And when she told Oprah she went to Human Resources to ask for help but was denied as she wasn't an "employee"...huh?? I guess it is possible that even bizarro stuff can be true...but the Duchess of Sussex had to go to Human Resources to get into a mental health hospital or program?? This was after she said The Firm staffers turned her down. I know she told Oprah that she couldn't exactly "Uber over to the hospital" but I can't imagine they could not have managed some sort of discreet therapy or even a so-called "spa visit."

But we truly don't know what happened and likely never will.
There was nothing stopping either her or Harry from picking up the phone & having a therapist visit her. They are not children, who need things done for them, although they are acting like it.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:16 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,277,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
There was nothing stopping either her or Harry from picking up the phone & having a therapist visit her. They are not children, who need things done for them, although they are acting like it.
Her mother has advanced degrees in Psychology and Social Work. Why not just call Mom?

Old 03-11-2021, 02:32 PM

3,030 posts, read 2,254,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
The part that I found so ridiculous was the story about her crying when she and Kate had a disagreement about the flower girl dresses. Show me a bride who hasn't cried about something trivial right before their big wedding. It can be a stressful time and little things become big things and emotions can get the best of someone. However - for most people, two years and one baby after the wedding, these events become funny stories and are viewed as the insignificant events that they really were.

Not for Meagan though. She is STILL yammering on about Kate making her cry. She is 39 years old for goodness sake! Can't she see how silly this all sounds?
It wasn't so much the situation; she said there were flowers and an apology and that was all squashed. Her problem was that the story, which she never intended to share, got out all twisted, and she was demonized in the press and "the firm" did nothing to dismiss the story.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:34 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,776,484 times
I would be less cynical if they didn't have a deal with Netflix and Spotify worth millions for Archewell Productions.

Also, coming to America to escape racism? A lot of it just makes no sense to me.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:35 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,277,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I thought it was well done. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes with all those tabloid headlines every week. It must just wear you down as a person. I don't blame them for escaping.
She's a mature (actually almost middle aged at age 39) actress, living in LA. Tabloids are her bread and butter. In 2019 they hired Sara Latham, who worked for both Bill and Hillary and was part of Obama's transition team.

If you don't want to be tabloid fodder, don't do Oprah interviews. There was nothing to escape; they migrated to the US to continue her acting and entertainment business.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:49 PM

14,559 posts, read 12,219,609 times
Thought this might be a good place for this!

Attached Thumbnails
Oprah's Interview with Meghan and Prince Harry-159337883_10159785888209271_4570771360091187564_n.jpg  

Old 03-11-2021, 03:25 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,639,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
The part that I found so ridiculous was the story about her crying when she and Kate had a disagreement about the flower girl dresses. Show me a bride who hasn't cried about something trivial right before their big wedding. It can be a stressful time and little things become big things and emotions can get the best of someone. However - for most people, two years and one baby after the wedding, these events become funny stories and are viewed as the insignificant events that they really were.

Not for Meagan though. She is STILL yammering on about Kate making her cry. She is 39 years old for goodness sake! Can't she see how silly this all sounds?
Meghan wouldn't have brought it up at all if lies hadn't been put out about her claiming that she made Kate cry. She has a right to defend herself and state what actually happened.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:30 PM

14,559 posts, read 12,219,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie90 View Post
She has a right to defend herself and state what actually happened.

She has a RIGHT to say what she wants.... certainly.

If she wants people to like and respect her... she should really learn something about the difference between can and should.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,671,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
She has a RIGHT to say what she wants.... certainly.

If she wants people to like and respect her... she should really learn something about the difference between can and should.
Agree 100%...timing was awful for the age and health of the Queen and Philip...just rake in the money and keep your mouths shut...mentioning speculation about Archie without attributing it to anyone tars the whole family unjustly...which they soon realized and released a statement the next day to let the Queen and Phillip off the hook...but it still leaves other royals unjustly in the crosshairs...Meghan and Harry are not nice people...don't level that type of allegation in this day and not attribute it to the person who said it!!!

Old 03-11-2021, 05:40 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,424,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie90 View Post
Meghan wouldn't have brought it up at all if lies hadn't been put out about her claiming that she made Kate cry. She has a right to defend herself and state what actually happened.
I agree. She wasn't "yammering" on about Kate's making her cry. She was responding to a false rumor that had been published in the tabloids, one of many. And I don't think she would have even said what actually happened except that it was TURNED AROUND ON HER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.